‘Fifty Shades’ Movie: Fans Want Ian Somerhalder & Alexis Bledel To Star

Mon, September 17, 2012 5:08pm EDT by 79 Comments
FameFlynet

Katie Couric asked fans to vote on who should play Christian Grey and Anatasia Steele in the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ movie. Keep reading to find out E.L. James’ reaction!

Best-selling author E.L. James chatted with Katie Couric on Sept. 17 about the steamy novel — and soon to be movie — that’s sweeping the nation. Though no casting decisions have been made, E.L. revealed she has four actors in mind for the role of Christian Grey, and three actresses for the role of Anastasia Steele. We wonder if Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart made the cut!

Katie, meanwhile, conducted her own poll online so fans could chime in, and it turns out most people think Ian Somerhalder and Alexis Bledel should take on the racy roles!

When Katie revealed the poll results during her show, E.L. remained silent, but smiled. Interesting!

Do YOU think Ian and Alexis would be good casting choices?

Jennifer Kamm

More ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ News:

1. Nina Dobrev: Ian Somerhalder Would Be ‘Great’ In ‘Fifty Shades’ Movie
  2. Sophia Bush: Ian Somerhalder Would Be A ‘Wonderful’ Christian Grey
  3. Ian Somerhalder Convinces Hollywood Writer To Back Him For ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Role

Tiffenny

Posted at 10:39 PM on September 17, 2012

I think Alexandra Daddario is perfect for Ana…look her up if you don’t know who she is! :)

C'mon ppl!!!

Posted at 10:15 PM on September 17, 2012

I think definitely Henry Cavill or Jesse Pavelka!! And an unknown for Ana.. Maybe Sarah Bolger.. Ian is way too short. We need tall and overt hot!!

Evelyn

Posted at 11:15 PM on September 17, 2012

Ian is not short. I don’t understand why anyone would nitpick about height for just a couple of inches. Hollywood has ways of making actors appear taller on screen all the time if need be. Ian is just right for all of the things that do matter for this role.

Alexa

Posted at 9:46 PM on September 17, 2012

Yes! Ian Somerhalder is the one to be Christian Grey and bring him to life for us on the big screen. I so hope it happens. It seems like almost everyone I talk to that has also read the books always mentions Ian Somerhalder, and how great a fit he would be for this role.

Lily

Posted at 9:36 PM on September 17, 2012

I vote Ian Somerhalder as Christian and Lyndsy Fonseca (Alex from Nikita) as Anastasia.

Vanessa

Posted at 9:34 PM on September 17, 2012

Matt bomer and Michelle Trachtenberg!!!:)

C.C.

Posted at 8:56 PM on September 17, 2012

I want Chris Evans as Christian!! I think he’s much better looking and would look better with coppery hair than Ian. I don’t really think that Alexis Bledel is that great of an actress. Everything I see her in seems forced.

ashley

Posted at 8:27 PM on September 17, 2012

At first I thought ian could be christian but ian is much better looking with his dark hair and eyebrows than I think he could be with copper colored hair. He is not too old he is 33 but looks younger. Henry cavill is too old. Looking though. However if rumors are true I hope to god justin bieber isn’t one of her guys. Alexis bledel just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t care about anas casting though. However just because james’s characters are based on edward and bella does not mean rpatz and kstew should play them. I love them as actors but not for this. But I love ian somerhalder because if you’ve ever watched the vampire diaries he’s not afraid of partial nudity and he has christians moods totally down pat.

kinky Ana

Posted at 7:55 PM on September 17, 2012

WOOHOO YES!! Ian always wins because he is the perfect Christian Grey! Now they just reallly need to speed this process along and listen to the fans. I swear if they go against the fans and try to give it to Ryan or Henry or anyone else it will be a bgig mistake! And Alexis is not too old! It would only matter if she LOOKED old and she doesn’t so all is well. People on 90210 were all playing teenagers and only 1 actually was. Go sit down people. And Bret is not involved with the project. He was up as a possible screenwriter but is no longer. Yep I think that about covers it.

Christine

Posted at 7:24 PM on September 17, 2012

I say little under known actors and actresses… It work for Star Wars 4 A New Hope, Twilight, Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. All movies did very well and made lot of money. Also Star Wars is still big today and Twilight and the other movies are grow big and they will be even bigger in the future. Just saying.

Martina

Posted at 6:47 PM on September 17, 2012

No, no…for me Henry Cavill and Emilia Clarke! Well E.L. James said she based Christian Grey on Henry Cavill’s Dunhill commercial.

kinky Ana

Posted at 7:57 PM on September 17, 2012

LIES! She never said that. It is TWILIGHT fanfic based on Edward and Bella. Maybe objects from the commercial but the man was based on Edward Cullen!!

Shelley B.

Posted at 11:06 PM on September 17, 2012

E L James has never said that. It’s well known that it was the Robert Pattinson character and Twilight that was Ms. James’ muse.

Emily

Posted at 6:44 PM on September 17, 2012

I don’t like either of them.

Lilly

Posted at 6:37 PM on September 17, 2012

Alexis is too old for be Anna… Ian is cool but he doesn’t look like Christian to me, Matt Bomer he’s the perfect Christian… but i read that they would not choose him cause he’s gay :( …

Laura

Posted at 6:29 PM on September 17, 2012

Alexis is amazing and beautiful, but she’s a bit old for being a 21 year old…

Jacquie

Posted at 6:13 PM on September 17, 2012

I think Alexis would fit the part but Ian is LOVABLE, but I also think he is too short to fit the part.

kati284

Posted at 6:10 PM on September 17, 2012

Alexis might be a little bit old, but she is that timid girl that Ana is. I pictured Nick Zano as Christian while reading it. He played PJ on 90210 and pulled off the overly rich controlling guy on there I think he’d be perfect.

olivia

Posted at 5:52 PM on September 17, 2012

IAN YES ALEXIS NO SHE ISNT ANNA NOR DOES SHE LOOK ANYTHING LIKE ANNA-LUCY HALE WOULD BE PERFECT AS ANNA SO THER YOU GO

kristin b

Posted at 5:38 PM on September 17, 2012

nooooooo! dude, ian is ugly uhg idk is like…. a muppet or something fgjtyjfgjhfyjgb I’m not a hater, is just I don’t like him

ronnie

Posted at 6:15 PM on September 17, 2012

Matt Bomer??

Laura

Posted at 6:34 PM on September 17, 2012

he would be amazing, he’s the perfect Christian!!!!! but apparently they would not choose him cause he’s gay and that would affect the character and the vision of Christian Grey as a manly man… i read that somewhere…

Betany

Posted at 5:32 PM on September 17, 2012

old and incompetent

fillip

Posted at 5:31 PM on September 17, 2012

Ana- young, Alexis-old

Dooor

Posted at 5:28 PM on September 17, 2012

both old for these roles

Reese

Posted at 5:28 PM on September 17, 2012

Perfect Choice!! I really hope they pick Ian Somerhalder <3

Jenny

Posted at 5:23 PM on September 17, 2012

Chrisie

Posted at 5:19 PM on September 17, 2012

I wouldn’t mind Alexis Bledel for Ana but for Christian I want Matt Bomer all the way! That’s who I picture when I read the books :)

Stupid ppl..

Posted at 5:29 PM on September 17, 2012

^the person thats actually casting already tweeted that matt bomer wont be christian grey. He said hes not gonna have a gay man play him

Lily haven

Posted at 6:01 PM on September 17, 2012

You mean Bret Easton Ellis? He was dropped from the list after stating his opinions about Matt bomer, you must be slow; he even said it on his own twitter….

Juan

Posted at 6:12 PM on September 17, 2012

@lily, he wasnt dropped from the whole thing. Hes still apart of the movie production.

Tammy

Posted at 6:18 PM on September 17, 2012

He was a potential screenwriter for the movie. Nothing was official he just made it seem that way. And lily, it wasnt because of what he said about matt bomer (hes bi btw). At stupid ppl..he wasnt official, he was just super egotistical and made himself feel like he was. He was telling people he was already chosen it just hadnt been stated but that wasnt true at all.

Me

Posted at 5:16 PM on September 17, 2012

They look too much alike. I think Brett Tucker would be a good Christian.

Stupid ppl..

Posted at 5:10 PM on September 17, 2012

Perfect :) id watch the movie. E.L james said she has 3 actors in mind for christian and four actresses in mind for anastasia.