‘American Idol’ Judges List Official: Nicki Minaj & Keith Urban Sign On

Sun, September 16, 2012 11:42am EDT by 12 Comments
American Idol Judges 2013
Courtesy of Twitter

Ryan Seacrest announced the official list of judges for the 12th season of ‘American Idol’ by posting a photo on Twitter! See the pic and find out all the details!

It’s official — Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson will be the judges on season 12 of American Idol!

Mariah was the first to sign her deal, with Nicki and Keith signing on in the last few days. Randy was brought back after alleged talks with Enrique Iglesias fizzled out.

“It’s official, your new #IdolJudges are@MariahCarey@NickiMinaj@KeithUrban @Yo_RandyJackson!” Ryan Seacrest tweeted on Sept. 16.

“With the exciting addition of Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj, alongside Randy Jackson, American Idol’s star power has never been so great,” executive producer Simon Fuller told Us Weekly. “For this we have to thank the ongoing commitment and belief of FOX and the dedication and focus of the Idol production team. We have all been together since the very beginning and we are focused on making Idol Season 12 the best ever.”

What do YOU think of the judges for season 12, HollywoodLifers?

[Us Weekly]

More American Idol News:

1. ‘American Idol’: Randy Jackson Out — Nicki Minaj 99 Percent In?
  2. Katy Perry Rejects $20 Million ‘American Idol’ Offer — Report
  3. Nicki Minaj Has ‘Great Chance’ To Be ‘American Idol’ Judge

Christina

Posted at 8:37 PM on January 16, 2013

Sorry but Nicki does not belong on American Idol, can’t stand her.

Trish

Posted at 9:00 PM on January 30, 2013

No to the Divas!! Won’t watch if they are back next season. Yes to down to earth Keith. I stay in constant fear the DIVAs are going to mess their makeup. Where did you go J-Lo?

vanessa

Posted at 11:39 AM on September 17, 2012

Nicki looks like she will be a lot of fun to watch! I’m definitely going to record the show to see if I’m right. If it does turn out to be the disaster that all the comments seem to be predicting, it’s really no skin off my back, since the recordings will barely make a dent on the huge memory space of my Hopper DVR. I would bet money that she will be more entertaining than J.Lo though! One thing that I don’t get is how the show works with four judges. I was just talking about this with my officemate at Dish, and we can’t understand what happens when they need a tie-breaker. Does anyone know?!

jj

Posted at 9:21 AM on September 17, 2012

American Idol just jumped the shark with Nikki.

Smell ya

Posted at 1:19 AM on September 17, 2012

Wt* Nicki Minaj, that BZ has not talent. Luv Mariah Carey cuz she can sing! Nicki hurts my damn ears n want 2pop my own ears drums with screwdriver ever time her stupid, annoying songs come on. Damn they f***kn up idol.

Karina

Posted at 9:10 PM on September 16, 2012

Nicki Minaj as a judge in a singing competition…really?!?!?!? :/

brenda

Posted at 9:34 PM on September 16, 2012

I can’t believe it neither. She is going to be judging someone’s talents. LMAO and SMH!!!!

robben

Posted at 5:26 PM on September 16, 2012

ugh….this show has JUMPED THE SHARK….lets move on…..Randy WHY ARE YOU STAYING DAWG? Its bad bad bad……you need to move on….and what a weird BAD selection of judges…to this I say YAWN!!!!

Anonymous

Posted at 4:04 PM on September 16, 2012

nick should have been a judge. not watching this year

ashley (@ashley22156459)

Posted at 3:15 PM on September 16, 2012

My mothers neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I’m a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can’t believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn’t be happier. Heres what I do, >>> Green32.comOPEN THIS LINK TO READ MORE

taiwo ajayi

Posted at 12:16 PM on September 16, 2012

it will be great to see nicki, i can wait for it to happen,i love nicki am her number one fance

brenda