Simon Cowell Thrilled With ‘X Factor’ Talent Despite Low Ratings

Fri, September 14, 2012 4:59pm EDT by 5 Comments
X Factor Ratings The Voice
Courtesy of Fox Flash

Despite the lower-than-expected ratings for ‘The X Factor’ premiere, HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that Simon is still thrilled with how things are going with the show and the talent that people will see this year. Should ‘The Voice’ be worried?

Whether you are a fan of The Voice or The X Factor, the ratings have spoken, and The Voice currently has the edge. But HollywoodLife.com has learned EXCLUSIVELY that Simon Cowell is of the mindset, “Slow and steady wins the race.” Does he have a point?

We are fans of both shows, as they give equally great entertainment to audiences everywhere, but we all know Simon doesn’t want to hear that at all. He wants The X Factor to be the show of choice, and even though the ratings have been less then expected, we have learned EXCLUSIVELY that he feels that will change very soon. Our sources mentioned his intent to beat The Voice, saying, “Hell yeah, he wants to beat The Voice, and he is confident that will happen in the next few weeks.”

As for how that is going to happen, it looks like a stellar talent lineup might do the trick. Simon and FOX executives are “more then pleased and already have their thoughts on who will be on the live shows. They have recently been filming the mentor sessions, so they are full steam ahead and plenty confident on how the show will progress.” And we are looking forward to seeing how this will all turn, out since we love the show!

So HollywoodLifers, which show do you think is better: The X Factor or The Voice? Sound off below!

Russ Weakland

More on the ‘X Factor’  Ratings & Premiere:

1. Britney Spears: I’m ‘Elated’ To Face Off Against Christina Aguilera
  2. Simon Cowell: ‘The X Factor’ Has Better Judges Than ‘The Voice’
  3. ‘X Factor’ Premiere Recap: Demi Lovato & Simon Cowell In Tears

Lex

Posted at 12:58 AM on November 15, 2012

The Voice is more intimate, as far as the contestants relationship with judges. They are positive and encourage people not to give up on their dreams regaurdless of what happens after the show. Christina, Blake, Adam and Ceelo are all entertaining and fun to watch. The X Factor, for me, lacks personality. They simplify their comments to “I hated it, I was bored, It was a bad song choice” or “It was amazing, I loved it, you’re a superstar”. What really turns me off about X Factor is when the judges use the contestants to take jabs at eachother when they don’t agree. That is not professional, and shows the lack of integrity on that show. The Voice, actually gives the contestants, good advice on how to work on their weaker areas. They work with them one on one to help them reach their full potential on each performance, while being positive and encouraging about it. I’m not wirried about The Voice being knocked off the thrown. It’s a better show, with better judges and better hosts.

nitefox

Posted at 12:59 AM on November 3, 2012

When you compare both shows, the Voice seems much more genuine and professional with really talented singers. X-Factor, on the other hand, looks more like a fun circus with “pumped up” contestants.

girl po

Posted at 10:59 AM on September 16, 2012

people don’t like that show…I can’t at Nicole and Paula gving more ratings than britney and demi hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dahlia

Posted at 10:51 PM on September 14, 2012

I don’t think The Voice needs to be worried at all. X Factor may gain some viewers but it won’t make a big enough splash to hurt The Voice this season. I have a lot of officemates at Dish that love The Voice but I’m going to give both shows a chance this season. I’ve been watching The Voice live and catching up on X Factor on Prime Time Anytime on my Hopper DVR. I like to fast forward through all the boring back stories on The X Factor. So far this season I think The Voice has a lot more talented contestants, and better judging so it will be hard for X Factor to catch up in the ratings.

susan

Posted at 8:45 PM on September 14, 2012

X factor was fantastic the past few days. Not only do I love the show but think Simon Cowell is a genius. The show is entertaining, clever, fun and the two darling new judges are super(LA is great)
Simon was great on Idol and I do believe he is the one that thought of the idea of American Idol but did not get all of the credit.
There does not have to be comparison to Voice or anything else. It’s just so nice to sit down and watch a show…not worry or stress of daily life or world crap for that matter.
There will always be jealousy and people writing bad things about achievers/entertainers…people making such good money…gosh, I would like more money, also.
But I know….just by reading….hearing, listening to 102.7, Ryan S. saying….how Simon gives to charity and is very generous…..so great for him…and good luck to X Factor!!!! Will watch it every W/Th!!!