‘X Factor’ Contestant Reed Deming: The Next Justin Bieber? Watch

Thu, September 13, 2012 10:25am EDT by 24 Comments
X Factor Justin Bieber
Fox, FameFlynet

Meet Reed Deming, the young singer who wowed Britney, Simon, Demi and L.A. on ‘The X Factor’ premiere — could he be the next Justin Bieber? Watch his audition below!

Reed Deming, 13, is a 7th grade student from San Antonio, Texas, who bears a striking resemblance to Justin Bieber! He’s got the hair, he’s got the style, but does he have the voice?

Reed says that he wants this so bad that he would crawl on broken glass for a shot at fame! Reed battles through his nerves and takes the stage. Demi immediately says, “You are so cute!”

Reed starts off with Bruno Mars‘ “It Will Rain,” but Simon stops him mid-way through. Simon asks Reed to sing a new song to showcase his vocals more. His second try is with another Bruno song — “Grenade.”

This one fares better for Reed — and he ends up with a very positive judging session!

Simon says he needs work on his vocals but Demi says his stage presence “shines.”

L.A. pays him the biggest compliment of all — “You remind me so much of this other little kid…” but Reed jokes back, “I don’t want to fall into that Bieber stereotype, I’ve gotta be me!”

Britney says, “I think you are completely and utterly adorable.” Smiling from ear to ear, Reed gets four yes votes!

Simon changes his tune by the end of the judging and says, “I’m gonna be honest, I think we could be looking at a future pop star with you!”

Watch Reed’s X Factor journey below:

– Dory Larrabee

More X Factor News:

1. ‘X Factor’ Premiere Recap: Demi Lovato & Simon Cowell In Tears
  2. Khloe Kardashian Is Simon Cowell’s Pick For ‘X Factor’ Host — Report
  3. The ‘X Factor’ Hosts Narrow: Nick Jonas & Kevin McHale Frontrunners

dimond stokes

Posted at 5:55 AM on August 10, 2013

i really liked the kid, hi so so cute. I really did not see that coming. I also think my sister and him look perfect for each other.

Mina

Posted at 5:33 AM on July 3, 2013

ily reed deming! omg. im obsessed! you are an amazing singer, and you’re so cute. :) I dont think you are the next justin bieber but i do know you are you, and you’re amazing.

Richard

Posted at 7:09 AM on October 30, 2012

He’s good but there is a Brit named Ronan Parke that is going to make the world forget about Justin Beiber very soon.

larissa

Posted at 10:37 PM on October 7, 2012

He is so cute!!! I love him but I wouldn’t say he would be a Justin I say he would be so adorable and I would love him forever!!! (Hes my age too :3)

dimond stokes

Posted at 6:04 AM on August 10, 2013

im 13 too but if he was really into that Justin stereotype no thanks. he is cute have to sick with you on that one

he's good

Posted at 7:20 PM on September 23, 2012

Trust me he won’t be the next Justin Bieber. Great voice and all but he is nothing compared to Justin Bieber, he reminds me more of Greyson Chance. Plus he said in the video he doesn’t want to be like Justin Bieber. Anyways he might become famous or he might not. Not a fan but he has a talented voice. No8

Cindy

Posted at 12:49 AM on September 23, 2012

He needs to change his hairstyle…after all he actually said that he didnt want to be the next justin bieber….He looks like greyson chance…sooo

Jaeda

Posted at 8:18 PM on September 16, 2012

OMG WHY ISNT HE ON POSTERS YET

dimond stokes

Posted at 6:07 AM on August 10, 2013

I know right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;D

Lindsey Horan

Posted at 9:12 AM on September 16, 2012

I have known reed since I was in 4th and he was in 5th grade and I couldn’t be more proud of him! Love ya Reed

vivi

Posted at 5:43 PM on September 15, 2012

Not like Justin bieber but he could be as big as him

JustinBieber FANS THE BESTTTT

Posted at 2:39 PM on September 15, 2012

What? “He is the next bieber” …Well let me tell you There’s only ONE Justin Bieber..
And he doesen’t look like Bieber…he looks just like Greyson Chance and that’s TRUE.

Anaya Williams

Posted at 7:19 PM on September 23, 2012

I totally agree, plus he said he doesn’t want to be like Justin Bieber. He looks nothing like Justin Bieber he reminds me more of Greyson Chance. Nice video though, but I’m not a huge fan of him. Maybe he’ll become famous someday.

dimond stokes

Posted at 6:11 AM on August 10, 2013

why so into Justin he is old news

Mandy

Posted at 7:34 AM on September 15, 2012

I get so nervous when somebody says “he’s the next Justin bieber” like r u serious? Wtf!! There’s only ONE Justin bieber.

Keedy

Posted at 4:00 AM on September 14, 2012

he looks like Greyson Chance, lol.

Anaya Williams

Posted at 8:23 PM on September 14, 2012

He does look like Greyson Chance, he doesn’t look like Justin Bieber in my opinion and there won’t be another Justin Bieber. Leave this boy alone he has a name and his name is Reed Deming. He’s amazing I have to say, I’m glad he said he doesn’t want to be like Justin Bieber.

johana alioden (@johanaalioden)

Posted at 7:02 AM on October 27, 2012

hey, he look alike justin bieber not greyson chance

Nia

Posted at 11:38 PM on September 13, 2012

i think reed should change his hairstyle… ;)

tyswhat

Posted at 7:41 PM on September 13, 2012

I actually know Reed. If he can’t outsing Bieber (Which he can) he can always outsmart him. Reed is extremely smart.

laura

Posted at 5:32 PM on September 13, 2012

omg not another beaver kid!!!!

Monica

Posted at 2:11 PM on September 13, 2012

NOPE JUSTIN BIEBER is the only JUSTIN BIEBER period hes good yes but not nxt JB

Only One Bieber

Posted at 1:00 PM on September 13, 2012

He says he doesn’t want to be stereotyped as Justin Bieber,
but yet he’s all dressed up like a time traveling Bieber, complete
with chain and dog tag and purple on the wrist.

Not very truthful is he.

Join the long list of “The Next Justin Bieber”.

Coldplay