‘The X Factor’ Vs. ‘The Voice': Which Will You Watch Live Tonight?

Wed, September 12, 2012 3:49pm EDT by 11 Comments
Courtesy of FOX, NBC

‘The X Factor’ returns with its much-hyped second season Sept. 12 — at the same time as the third premiere night of ‘The Voice!’

Can you feel the tension in the airwaves? We’re less than five hours away from the first major clash of the fall TV season as FOX’s The X Factor prepares to go head-to-head with NBC’s The Voice at 8 p.m.; and you’ve got a decision to make! Will you tune in for a third night of Christina Aguilera‘s side-eye on The Voice, or will you check out Britney Spears‘ big return to TV on The X Factor‘s season premiere?

X Factor creator and judge, Simon Cowell, condemned NBC for adding a third night of The Voice, just to deter people from watching The X Factor, telling TMZ, “Britney’s not going to appreciate the fact that Christina — who has been a bit of a rival — isn’t allowing Britney to have a night of her own.”

‘The X-Factor’ Vs. ‘The Voice’ Ratings — ‘The Voice’ Wins Premiere Week, Simon Still Pleased

He also called NBC’s decision a “cynical, cold-hearted, unprofessional way of doing business.”

Meanwhile, Britney told Access Hollywood she’s “elated” to face off against Christina.

But what do YOU think? Are you all Voice-d out after two nights? Tell us which reality competition show you’ll be checking out live tonight:

– Andy Swift

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More on The X Factor & The Voice:

1. ‘The Voice’ Season Premiere Recap: Bryan Keith Wows The Coaches
  2. Simon Cowell: ‘The X Factor’ Has Better Judges Than ‘The Voice’
  3. Britney Spears: I’m ‘Elated’ To Face Off Against Christina Aguilera

Maxcine Sample

Posted at 12:17 AM on September 19, 2012

I absolutely love the voice. I also love Simon so I watch them both. I hate it that they air at the same time. They both are great shows with unique qualities. My mere satisfaction is hearing, seeing and judging true talent for myself.

Ooma

Posted at 11:21 PM on September 12, 2012

I think The X Factor will take in more viewers tonight. It may have been a different story if they both had their season premier on the same night but The Voice won’t pull in enough viewers on its third night. Many of my officemates at Dish love The X Factor but I personally like The Voice. The judges on The Voice actually have talent unlike their counterparts. Either way I want to watch both shows so I turned on Prime Time Anytime on my Hopper DVR. This new magical world of DVRs makes these rating battles a little less important. I really just like to see all the contestants so hopefully both shows have a lot of talent this season.

Jysoar

Posted at 11:02 PM on September 12, 2012

Love them both that why I have them both on DVR lOl

HawkeyeGirl83

Posted at 9:36 PM on September 12, 2012

Love The Voice judges. Blake and Adam are great! I laugh so much watching this show. Like the X-Factor, but I don’t get the same satisfaction from the judging panel. X-Factor may get better talent due to the Simon Factor, but for pure entertainment satisfaction, The Voice wins.

me

Posted at 5:49 PM on September 12, 2012

the voice

jc

Posted at 5:12 PM on September 12, 2012

ADAM & CHRISTINA = TRUE TALENT

Joelle Banks

Posted at 5:09 PM on September 12, 2012

Watching one and dvr’ing the other.

dumas1000

Posted at 4:10 PM on September 12, 2012

You can watch both. You could watch the East Coast feed of one show and the West Coast feed of the other. It’s the magic on the internets.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:33 PM on September 12, 2012

True, but that won’t register for ratings. I’m really curious to see which show performs better, though I’m assuming it’ll be X Factor.

Fifitcha

Posted at 4:10 PM on September 12, 2012

I don’t like Christina, but Adam is amazing.. I love Demi & Simon, So I guess I’ll watch The X Factor :)

Andy Swift