This show’s clever hairstyles had us doing double- and triple-takes! Windswept locks were tucked aside to reveal a hidden cornrow braid behind the ear. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu shares her process for creating this striking look.
According to TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu, the inspiration for this Tracy Reese hairstyle was “Rihanna’s 80’s-inspired textured undercut [which] embodies an effortless bedhead look.” But the styling didn’t end there! Learn how to recreate this attitude-packed style and try it out for yourself!
If you love this quick way to fake a shaved style and give your hair an unexpected twist, check out Jeanie’s quick styling process:
- Enhance your natural texture with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion and power dry with fingers for a loose wavy finish. Once dry, lightly brush through hair with a paddle brush to soften the product.
- Next, create a deep side part continuing diagonally back to the nape of the opposite side. Clip hair to section away.
- Using TRESemmé Mega Firm Control Gel, create a tight cornrow braid with the lower section of the hair starting behind the ear, working diagonally to the nape, and fasten with an elastic.
- Release the top section of hair and spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo throughout for matte texture.
- Apply TRESemmé Mega Firm Control Gel with fingers through the front hairline, leaving the rest of the hair matte, soft and loose. Set hair with pin curl clips around the hairline and diffuse with a blow dryer on high heat for height and body
- Spray with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and release clips when gel has dried. Toss hair over one shoulder for an 80′s-inspired textured undercut.
HollywoodLifers, are YOU going to try out the Tracy Reese hidden braid style?
– Kristine Hope Kowalski
More New York Fashion Week:
- Bold Brows & Shiny Strands For Alexandre Herchcovitch Spring 2013
- Peter Som Spring 2013 Makeup: Get The Rainbow Bright Look
- Punky Braids At Emerson Spring 2013: See The Edgy Style