Sheryl Crow: ‘I Felt Bad’ That Lance Armstrong Was Stripped Of His Titles

Mon, September 10, 2012 4:34pm EDT by 17 Comments
Sheryl Crow Lance Arstrong Doping
Courtesy of ABC, FameFlynet

In Sheryl Crow’s first interview since ex-fiancé Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, the singer admitted: ‘He’s someone that I really care about.’ Plus more!

Sheryl Crow broke her silence to Katie Couric during the Sept. 10 premiere of Katie about ex-fiancé Lance Armstrong losing his seven Tour de France titles after serious doping allegations.

“I know how hard he worked to win those titles, and you know, it was hard to watch,” Sheryl admitted. “I felt bad. I felt bad for him, I felt bad for his family and I kinda felt like the rest of America. He is a hero that we watched and looked up to and admire.”

On Aug. 23, Lance declared that “enough is enough” and announced he would no longer fight the ongoing investigation by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

“He probably [got] tired of the whole fight,” Sheryl speculated on Katie. “He is probably tired of all the scrutiny, I imagine.”

Though the exes don’t see each other regularly, Sheryl wishes nothing but the best for her former flame of three years.

“He is someone I care about, but knowing him, he probably said, ‘Look, take them,'” she said. “He was probably tired of the whole fight.”

What do YOU think about Sheryl offering her support for Lance, HollywoodLifers?

[Katie]

— Jennifer Kamm

WATCH: Big Stars Support Lance Armstrong After Doping Confession!

More on Lance Armstrong:

1. Lance Armstrong Blows Off His Daughter At Finish Line — Video
  2. Check Out These Adorable Beach Babies In Bikinis & Tykes In Trunks!
  3. Congratulations, Lance Armstrong! You’re A Daddy For The Fifth Time!

Sophia

Posted at 12:48 PM on January 19, 2013

Thoroughly and utterly disgusted, although I already knew he did everything he could get his hand on to W I N. Don’t want OWN network at all,- I’m a CNN’er and I saw everything I waned to see. No remorse – so concerned putting all the millions he’ll loose from sponsors, and yet sorry to his juds was NOT heatfelt, Yes, everyone reacts differently, but this was so clear, He just want to compete again (yeah righy). The SO many so called friends and small businessnen owing cyling shops are broke and reputation just gone. SO many lawsuits both here and overseas where he sued British newspapers, etc, His so called “buddies” in sports commenting, sports publications. He was much more sorry about the $75M he lost from just one of his sponsor than explaing the situation to his children, What a total diservice to Livestrong – yes they will survive, are inspected regularly, but who Insupport this very important charity ? No Way….I have enough charities I can help in a small way. This man is still agressive and I have to say which mood order he has, but he DOES HAVE ONE. He is devoid of emphathy and needs to go back to counselling, says he is, but probably dries the psychologist crazy. Hope he isn’ able to quickly get is gus apx. $100M fortune off to to he Camens, etc,

Sophia

Posted at 12:51 PM on January 19, 2013

Oops, sorry meant to say :”so sorry to his KIDS was not heartfelt

Sophia

Posted at 11:16 AM on January 20, 2013

Yikes, I’m such a stickler for grammer and on reading mine…..when my bloid starts to boil I type SO QUICKLY and make so many mistakes – forgive me!

Jean

Posted at 6:18 AM on January 16, 2013

I think she is nice to be supportive, and give the guy the credit he deserves for being an outstanding athletes, doping or not, 99.9% of the public has no clue of the superhuman psychological challenge just finishing The Tour represents. He is a champion regardless.

Christine Casillas (@cvcp)

Posted at 1:23 AM on January 18, 2013

Really Jean?if he was such an outstanding athlete why did he need dope to win? Champion at pretending and lying no doubt

glory

Posted at 10:22 AM on November 5, 2012

Oh she is glad he lost his titles hee hee hee. REVENGE…considering he had two kids right after he dumped her (for a younger model) because she wanted them.

robyn

Posted at 4:13 AM on November 3, 2012

Cheryl you MUST have been on drugs too! How else could you NOT know the guy you’re sleeping with for 3 years is a dope head! Either you’re a complete clueless imbecile or you’re lying!

Jimmy

Posted at 12:54 PM on October 25, 2012

I guess all those diet pills make you stupid as well…he earned nothing lady! Everything he has is built on a lie. Including his charity.

G

Posted at 6:50 PM on October 17, 2012

I used to date a guy who did drugs all the time and I didn’t know it. When a “user” is accustomed to the doping, it is very easy to hide. Lance wanted power and wanted to win even if it meant cheating with the dope–it’s a disorder. Especially among a lot of men.

Joan Bailey

Posted at 10:41 PM on January 17, 2013

you’re an idiot. the kind of doping he was doing has nothing to do with mind-altering drugs. grow up and learn something.

Erich

Posted at 7:43 PM on September 10, 2012

Of course, Sheryl saw nothing. She doesn’t eat, so why open his fridge?

db

Posted at 5:51 PM on September 10, 2012

I’m not sure which sobriquet is more appropriate: “love is blind” or “my chemical romance.”

Marky

Posted at 1:57 PM on October 29, 2012

people. people… he never flunked a doping test! Ever! He did not do it. Its sour grapes from other riders…there is and never has been proof of any wrong doing! He is a courageous athlete that came back from devastating cancer to be the best cyclist in the world for many years… wake up!

Loosa Belle

Posted at 9:13 PM on November 18, 2012

Even Lance’s Spanish doping doctor speculated that he may have gotten testicular cancer from the testosterone he took. Maybe you should read a book on doping and cyclng, like Tyler Hamilton’s book. But you probably don’t read. Oh well! Keep on Believin.

Richard Hession

Posted at 12:46 PM on January 15, 2013

i guess you were WRONG

Esther

Posted at 9:19 AM on January 18, 2013

Did you get back to reality by now? See him with Oprah?

Sophia

Posted at 12:55 PM on January 19, 2013

OFCOURSE he didn’t fail drug tests – his corrupf doctor was taking care of that and with the new stuff he was taking,,,,at one time they couldn’t even test it. Best cyclist in the world – TEE HEE!! Oh PLEEEEZE!