‘RHONY’ Recap: St. Barth’s Trip Ends On A Sour Note

Mon, September 10, 2012 11:38pm EDT by 9 Comments
The Real Housewives of New York City Recap
Courtesy of Bravo

The ladies trip to St. Barth’s turns into a couples retreat — and Ramona isn’t happy. Will Ramona keep her cool or wreak havoc like an unwanted hurricane?

On the Sept. 10 episode of The Real Housewives of New York Citya trip to St. Barth’s comes to a close, but not before some more drama is caused by the one and only Ramona Singer.

The episode picks up with Ramona complaining that the “girls trip” has now turned into what seems like a couples retreat. Her and Sonja Morgan sit down and ponder whether they really are white trash — a term that Aviva Drescher called them in last week’s episode. (I personally loved how Sonja admitted they do act that way at times, but Ramona just pretended to not know what the term means.)

Carole Radziwill pops into the room when Ramona and Sonja are complaining about the girls going out with their men. And to make matters worse, Aviva Drescher enters as well and quickly begins to defend her husband! Aviva claims that Sonja and Ramona only care about partying. Ramona takes back her apology from last week and orders Aviva to leave her room!

Of course, Aviva isn’t budging and she can’t stop suggesting that the ladies should have put up a banner and red carpet for her husband’s arrival.

LuAnn de Lesseps doesn’t allow the ladies’ fight to ruin the luncheon at her favorite hot spot. But while the ladies remove themselves from the situation, the situation can’t be removed from them. They do nothing but talk about Aviva’s issues and her phobias — leading into a conversation about planes. Carole has to leave the table because the story reminds her of a time when her friends died in a plane crash (The Kennedys).

Sonja lets Heather Thomson know that only the couples were invited to dinner that night and Heather can’t even fathom the idea. She storms off back to the villa. (Way to stir the pot, Sonja.)

Aviva confronts Sonja and lets her know that she’s a hypocrite for calling the vacation a “girls trip” when all she does is bring men home to the villa at night. Aviva tells Sonja she’s acting like someone from a ‘Girls Gone Wild’ video and she’s too old to be acting this way. “I’m hurt,” Sonja tells Aviva.

On the final day of their trip, Carole sets up a spa day to try and ease the tension. Sonja wants nothing to do with Aviva.

After a group dinner that night, Sonja and Ramona opt to head back to the villa instead of a planned trip for everyone to watch Carole’s boyfriend Russ perform.

When the ladies return to the villa, they notice that Sonja and Ramona had a little party of their own. And Aviva compares Sonja to Anna Nicole Smith — marrying a rich man, losing him and then being on a downward spiral. Ouch!

And yet, somehow, all the ladies end up in the pool together as though nothing happened.

How do YOU feel about tonight’s episode, HollywoodLifers?

– Christopher Rogers

Kieth Luxmore

Posted at 11:56 PM on April 9, 2013

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

Lynn stevenson

Posted at 9:32 AM on January 23, 2013

Love Ramona and Sonja! They are the show and if it was just them I would still watch! The others, including Luanne, are pretty boring and hypocritical!

Bug Eyed Beyotche

Posted at 10:11 AM on September 27, 2012

All of these olde ho’s are damaged goods…..no guy in his right mind would want to put up with their self centered, entitiled,condesceding smug, beyotche ,attitudes……Sonja is an old dried up cast aside screwball, while Ramona is and olde alcoholic with a nast attitude….Aviva is just a spoiled
skank.

Carmen Carrera

Posted at 7:57 PM on September 11, 2012

What would the world be without Google? I guess the definition of “white trash” would take longer to find. I am surprised by Aviva, I thought up to this point she was pretty laid back, and drama free? My co-worker at Dish thinks she is going to be the new “Kelly Bensimon.” I will miss next week’s episode, but I’m sure the drama will spill back into New York. I set my Hopper to record the upcoming episode. I can’t wait to see how the finale will play out. I have 2,000 hours of DVR recording space available, and will probably use all of it to record the “Housewives” shows.

stormyboo

Posted at 11:06 AM on September 11, 2012

Why was Sonja blow drying her red dress? and then kicked it across the room and jumped in the pool naked, did the Pinot make her do that? She IS a mess, why does she act so pretentious, and condescending, shes got nothing Aviva likes to stir the pot!!

Julie riley

Posted at 4:05 AM on September 11, 2012

Is Aviva mad that Sonja provided her ex-husband with much more satisfying sex? She seems to attack Sonja with such venom. Aviva couldnt even get a pedicure without Carole holding her hand, yet another phobia? It’s obvious Aviva was a catered to little princess and is not a good role model for people with disabilities. If every episode is going to be an Aviva pity party I’ll tune out. Carole failed as a hostess and redefined the situation to please people. If Mario, Jon and Jacque could not come then what’s with the couple crap while excluding the other women? Russ was in and out not a permanent resident and had the music festival to occupy his time. Everybody criticizes Ramonja for having fun so they retract into their shells the last night and then get criticized for not participation in the fun!?!? Make up your mind, if I was attacked by a-Diva 3 times a day I would want to pack!

karen henderson

Posted at 12:58 AM on September 11, 2012

Aviva is at it again and here I thought the other housewives were self-centered.
“I just wanted someone to appreciate that I came down in spite of all my fears to be with them.”

Ms Drescher seems to ‘use’ her weaknesses to manipulate other people and get her own way. Anyone familiar with the show would know that it was a ‘girls’ vacation and how Ramona feels about that. We’re sorry Ms Drescher has weaknesses, we all do. But if she’s planning on using the cast to work out her problems then she’s making herself appear self-involved and petty. After the trashy treatment of the girls by her father you’d think she’d be a little more grateful and caring about them instead of using her problems as an excuse for poor behavior – including the trashy mouth she seems to have inherited from her father. I wouldn’t have dreamed that I would be cheering Ramona and Sonya on but here it is.

patty feldman

Posted at 10:44 AM on September 11, 2012

Please, Aviva, Carole and Heather need to go, they are not interesting nor entertaining people.. Ramona and Sonya are the ‘real’ reason to watch the show.

Courtney

Posted at 9:23 PM on September 18, 2012

So true. Aviva get a life.