Britney Spears: I’m ‘Elated’ To Face Off Against Christina Aguilera

Mon, September 10, 2012 10:14am EST by 10 Comments
Courtesy of Access Hollywood

Britney gets real in this brand-new interview! Watch & vote: Which show will you catch live, ‘The X Factor’ or ‘The Voice?’

It’s the pop-music showdown we’ve been waiting for since the ’90s: Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera will go head-to-head this week, as The X Factor and The Voice stage their highly anticipated season premieres — and it sounds like Britney’s ready to rumble. “Ecstatic!” she told Access Hollywood of her pre-game mindset. “I’m elated. I find they’re both really interesting shows.”

“In all honesty, I do feel like they’re two totally different shows,” Britney added. “So you can’t really compare the two.”

Britney Vs. Christina — ‘The X-Factor’ Ratings War With ‘The Voice’

But Simon Cowell — who was seated next to the blue-haired Britney — was slightly less coy, saying he hopes NBC’s plan to air a third night of The Voice’s premiere against The X Factor‘s first night Sept. 12 “backfires on them.”

He was even less coy to TMZ last week, calling NBC “cynical, cold-hearted and unprofessional.”

When asked if she has spoken with Christina about her experience as a judge, Britney politely responded, “No, I haven’t.”

HollywoodLifers, which show will YOU watch live on Sept. 12, The Voice or The X Factor? Watch Britney and Simon’s honest new interview below, then vote:

— Andy Swift

More on The X Factor & The Voice:

1. Tony Lucca’s Biggest Christina Aguilera Diss Yet
  2. Britney Spears Reveals Mean Judging Style On ‘X Factor’ Promo
  3. ‘X Factor’ Season 2 Video: Justin Bieber’s Twin Faces The Judges

Ben

Posted at 2:10 PM on June 18, 2013

Britney is good, but Christina is better!! sorry not sorry.

valentinomonroe1

Posted at 1:55 PM on October 14, 2012

Christina Snookilera is just one Marilyn Monroe wannabe with a nasty attitude that makes you want to stop watching the voice .I only watch because of Blake and Adam Levine.Britney is always sweet and never tries to be someone else so hopefully both shows do well.

Miranda

Posted at 11:19 PM on September 11, 2012

This whole Britney vs. Christina feud is so old. The media are the only ones who even care about it anymore. I’m planning to watch both shows because I like singing shows and I’m interested in seeing what Britney will be like. All the drama between the two shows is unnecessary. I work late nights at Dish, so I’ll be recording every new episode on my Hopper. I’m planning to turn them both on as soon as I walk in the door at home so I can be all caught up by the next morning. I’m really hoping both shows have great seasons full of talented contestants. That way, everybody wins.

Ricizzle

Posted at 7:31 PM on September 10, 2012

The Voice got cut from the UK because they tried to compete with the X Factor and lost, the producers are still mad and trying to get revenge, they’ll just end up getting The Voice cut from the US too, before when they were gonna have the voice and monday and tuesday I was going to watch that then and x factor on wednesday and thursday but now that they think they run things, I’m not watching the voice at all, it’s unfair that the media always puts britney and christina up against each other, they’re both tired of it, just stop it.

hellokitty2412

Posted at 5:16 PM on September 10, 2012

I will watch the X factor

kati284

Posted at 12:31 PM on September 10, 2012

I’m actually shocked by Britney’s interview, she seemed normal when she kind of comes off as not really there so I’m def going to be watching the x factor really to see how britney’s doing because since her break down she has done concerts but doesn’t really do interviews much. i want to see if she’s back to normal lol

guest

Posted at 11:35 AM on September 10, 2012

Ariel, the Voice added a 3rd show on the 12th. I will be watching The Voice and will NOT even be recording X Factor if Khloe Kardashian is the host and I don’t know, the thing about Demi spitting candy in Simon’s hand and thinking it was so funny is just kinda childish I think.

iMember

Posted at 12:23 PM on September 10, 2012

There won’t be a host until the show goes Live.

Ariel (@nasv89)

Posted at 11:14 AM on September 10, 2012

but the voice is in sept 10th and 11th, xfactir 12th and 13th…. it doesnt clashess….

SameDee

Posted at 10:33 AM on September 10, 2012

I love Britney but I can’t stand Simon. The Voice for me as I like all four of the coaches.