Ellen DeGeneres: Sorry, I’m Not Having Any Kids

Fri, September 7, 2012 4:22pm EST by 44 Comments
Ellen DeGeneres Portia de Rossi
FameFlynet

The hilarious talk show host reiterated that she and wife Portia are not interested in being parents.

Ellen DeGeneres doesn’t know how many times she has to say it, but she does not want to have kids. Seriously, she doesn’t.

And she and wife of four years Portia de Rossi are not looking for a sperm donor or an adoption agency. For real.

“I’ve said it so many times: We are not going to have a child. And (tabloids) say that we’re looking for the right donor,” she told Jay Leno during her Sept. 6 appearance on The Tonight Show.

“I don’t want to have one. I don’t want to have six. I don’t want to have any,” the comedian said. “They’re precious to look at and I love them; we have nieces and I love them very much. [But I] don’t want ‘em.”

OK, we get it. There’s really, truly, no glimmer of hope for a DeGeneres-de Rossi baby.

“People are constantly asking Portia and me if we are going to have children. We thought about it. We love to be around children after they’ve been fed and bathed. But we ultimately decided that we don’t want children of our own. There is far too much glass in our house,” she wrote in her 2001 book Seriously…I’m Kidding.

What a shame. That baby would be the most hilarious child, with some sweet dance moves. In the meantime, we’ll wait for new episodes of her talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show to return.

Cue the violins.

Are YOU sad Ellen and Portia don’t want to have kids HollyMoms?

NBC ]

– Christina Stiehl

More Ellen DeGeneres news:

1. Ellen Degeneres Copies Miley’s Haircut: See The Pic
  2. Ellen DeGeneres Gropes Jennifer Aniston’s Boobs And Butt
  3. Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi Show Off Matching Hairdos

Posted at 4:12 PM on October 23, 2012

I like the way ellen degeneres looks in that picture and Portia de rossi looks nice too
lol laugh out loud thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 7:46 PM on October 19, 2012

Ellen degeneres loves Portia de rossi and that is just so sweet and fake thankyou from sarah
aimen cotton candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 7:22 PM on October 19, 2012

I like ellen degerenes and I am the biggset fan of hers and looks nice in the picture on the top
and Portia de rossi looks nice too thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 7:56 PM on October 18, 2012

who is amber and what dose she want to say to Ellen degeners and Portia de rossi thankyou
from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 7:16 PM on October 18, 2012

I wish I can go to the Ellen degerenes show in burbank ca thankyou from sarah aimen cotton
candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 7:05 PM on October 18, 2012

Ellen degerenes is just looking around just like Portia de rossi thankyou from sarah aimen
cotton candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 7:37 PM on October 17, 2012

no wonder they are two beautyfull women thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy
princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 8:57 PM on October 16, 2012

two woman a what now thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink lol laugh
out loud 2012 and 2013

Posted at 8:48 PM on October 16, 2012

Ellen degeneres and Portia de rossi are not looking thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy
princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 10:02 PM on October 14, 2012

lol two love birds ya know thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 9:43 PM on October 13, 2012

Ellen degeneres and Portia de rossi always hold hands and that just werid ya know
thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink 2012 2013

Posted at 4:15 PM on October 13, 2012

Ellen is happy too just like Portia de rossi is happy too and you know what that is just
lol laugh loud thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink 2012 and 2013

Posted at 10:07 PM on October 8, 2012

Ellen degeneres and Portia de rossi are happy in the picture on the top and both girls look
too funny to me ya know and the odd thing is Ellen is older than Portia de rossi and Portia de rossi
is younger then Ellen you know just saying if agree with me thankyou from sarah aimen cotton
candy princess pink 2012

Posted at 6:10 PM on October 7, 2012

Ellen Degeneres and Portia de rossi are odd at some point
thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink

Posted at 6:08 PM on October 7, 2012

why is Ellen Degeneres not kissing Portia de rossi at all and they odd at some point
thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink

Posted at 5:39 PM on October 7, 2012

Ellen Degeneres and Portia de rossi are like best friends forever and they marryed as will
and I think that Ellen degeneres and portia de rossi are so beautyfull and funny thankyou
from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink

Posted at 5:10 PM on October 7, 2012

Ellen and Portia de rossi look so funny in that picture on the top lol laugh out loud
thankyou from Sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink

Posted at 6:12 PM on October 6, 2012

Ellen degeners and Portia de rossi always have too hold hands you know and that is just
odd and I love Ellen degeners and Portia de rossi hair looks likes crazy persons hair
thankyou from sarah aimen cotton candy princess pink

Posted at 9:12 PM on September 24, 2012

Ellen is so funny keep that in mind yall and Ellen is so beautyfull and nice I got a letter
from Ellen on my brithday lol laugh out loud thanks from Sarah Aimen cotton candy
princess pink

Posted at 8:22 PM on September 22, 2012

Ellen and Porita de rossi are marryed yall and porita de rossi hair looks like tinker bells hair
ya know thanks from Sarah Aimen 2012

patsy

Posted at 12:21 PM on September 10, 2012

I’m happy that she doesn’t want children. The hiatus between seasons of Ellen is too long as it, let alone the break she’d have to take for a baby! I’ve been so sick of the reruns all summer long, so I’m glad that today we are finally graced with new episodes. It’s a bummer that the show always airs during my workday at Dish, but I’ve already made sure to record every episode from here on out so I can have something to look forward to when I get home. It’s just lucky that I have the Hopper DVR, with loads of recording space to handle the trying task of recording this daily, so I don’t have to clean out my DVR all the time. Even though I wouldn’t mind a little baby Ellen running around somewhere, there’s no way she could keep up with her show and a child!

Carrah

Posted at 11:14 AM on September 9, 2012

OMG….. Ellen and Portia DeGeneres have made what THEY BOTH TOGETHER feel is the right decision for them with regards to extending their family. These ladies are WORKAHOLICS in their respective careers. These ladies are continuously active in various sections of the entertainment industry, both are published authors. Ellen has VERY GOOD PRODUCTIONS as well as her (recently established) Recording Company Eleven:11. Portia is working on a new season of Arrested Development (to be seen only through NETFLIX). Mockingbird Lane is on the horizon as is the possibility of the comedy ELLEN produced and Portia stars in getting picked up by the networks. They are to say the least BUSY BEYOND BELIEF. When would they see their child(ren).

They know their wants and needs better than anyone. Not everyone wants to be a parent. Doesn’t mean they arent GOD-PARENTS in fact I believe Ellen has a grown-up GOD-DAUGHTER.

Laurie

Posted at 12:49 AM on September 8, 2012

Thank God!! It should be against the law for these kind of people to have kids anyway. All children need a MOTHER AND A FATHER!!!!

Carrah

Posted at 10:56 AM on September 9, 2012

OMG that is so far from the truth it’s rediculous. I am a single parent because my. Children’s so-called father decided he disn’t want anything to do with them becaus we got divorced. PARENTS are two individuals who above and beyond anything else have the children’s safety and well being as most important. PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME a child who has 2 females or males as parents are in any way deprived as that is complete and utter BULL CRUD.

notevenafan

Posted at 4:51 PM on September 7, 2012

so who cares if they don’t want any children, what kind of person who love kids but don’t any, children are one of the most precious gift from our Heavenly Father……….i just hope that they will regret it some day in the future…!!!!!!!!

Debi

Posted at 7:05 PM on September 7, 2012

Some people do not feel the need to have children to fill voids in our lives. I am sure her life is complete and she is happy, so why does she need to have a child. It is so nice of you to say I hope they regret it one day.. That is sarcasm in case you didn’t pick that out. It is peoples choice to have children so mind your own business..

Augiwee

Posted at 4:40 PM on September 9, 2012

That’s such a mean thing to say! Why wish unhappiness on them because of their decision? We are all different and at least they have determined for their own personal reasons that they will not be parents. Maybe more people should think seriously about the parenting issue before getting pregnant and having lots of kids … there are so many out there that should never be gifted with children as they make lousy parents!
Leave Ellen alone and respect her decision. It’s hers, and only hers to make!!!

Christine

Posted at 9:59 PM on September 22, 2012

Exactly, society is much better off without abnormals like these two having children through artificial insemination or whatever crazy method homosexuals use these days.

A

Posted at 4:48 PM on September 7, 2012

I don’t want kids either…some people will never stop asking when I’ll have them.