Ryan Gosling To Play Christian Grey In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’?

Thu, September 6, 2012 10:54am EST by 53 Comments
Ryan Gosling Christian Grey
FameFlynet

The gorgeous actor might be getting his S&M on very soon as the gorgeous billionaire in the screen adaptation of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ — do you think he makes a good Christian?

Ryan Gosling is about to become every girl’s fantasy, again! If you thought you fell head-over-heels for him in The Notebook, get ready to become obsessed with him if he plays Christian Grey in the upcoming flick Fifty Shades of Grey.

A source tells E! that Ryan is the number one choice to play the sex-obsessed Seattle billionaire. The 31-year-old is currently dating Eva Mendes and we wonder if she’s going to be a bit jealous when he has to go into the red room of pain!

The actor has recently said that he is incredibly busy, so how will he have the time to shoot this flick?

“I’ve never booked myself up like this. I used to make a film every year or two. A week after I finished The Place Beyond the Pines, I started on my current film Gangster Squad [with Sean Penn, Josh Brolin and Emma Stone]. We’ll see. I may come to regret it but I just want to be making films right now. The opportunities are so great I don’t want just to be hanging out. I feel like this is the time for me to be productive.”

But it’s still pretty uncertain as to who will play Anastasia Steele, do you have an idea?

[E!]

— Chloe Melas

More Fifty Shades of Grey News:

1. Emma Watson To Star In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey?’
  2. Is ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Leading To A Baby Boom?
  3. Robert Pattinson Wants To ‘Lick The Pages’ Of ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’

dzikra

Posted at 5:06 AM on September 6, 2013

ryan and emma stone are perfect .

Fifty'sGirl

Posted at 4:59 PM on August 11, 2013

Ryan Gosling would be an exceptional Mr. Grey! He’s an excellent actor who I think would portray the in-control masked multi billionaire, dark, tormented soul, and Red Room Master that is Christian Grey, better than any other actor vying for the role. That said, I have doubts he’d take on the commitment that the three films demand, but I wish he would.
Not sure who could play Ana Steele. What Hollywood actress can pull off being an innocent, college aged, subtly beautiful, virgin without looking like a joke? My best guess would be Emma Watson or Michelle Trachtenberg.
Whoever gets casts, I will be at the very first showing, can’t wait!

Shelly

Posted at 9:32 PM on January 19, 2013

Wow you guys are quite critical. Shut up and keep your comments to yourself, no one cares about who you fantasize about when you read the book. They casted him so enjoy it. Hes not ugly so i dont see what the problem is.

Chef

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 19, 2013

Whoa, who is being critical now? They have NOT cast anybody so how about you practice what you preach and keep your garish comments to yourself and get the facts straight!! This is a public forum and we have this great thing called freedom of speech.

Kris

Posted at 9:59 PM on December 3, 2012

OH MYYY GOOOD NOOOO!!
IAN S. is totally the guy for fifty shades hes absolutely gorge and i agree with some of the comments he is way to wimpy!

Heather

Posted at 10:10 AM on September 28, 2012

NOOOOOOO He is too wimpy!

McK

Posted at 8:40 AM on September 27, 2012

Alex Pettyfer. He’s so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makeena

Posted at 6:43 PM on September 25, 2012

Kat Dennings from 2 broke girls is Anastasia and Alexander Skarsgard from True blood is Christian. Ryan’s too…soft

Adel

Posted at 9:17 AM on September 15, 2012

Absuletely YES! RYAN is the perfect Mr. Grey. We can think he is not the right person, but he can do this role.

Mich

Posted at 10:25 AM on September 11, 2012

Not for me,
James Franco please

R.A.

Posted at 3:13 AM on September 11, 2012

Hopefully he’ll never make it into the red room of pain. He will ruin Christian Grey. I certainly don’t remember the book saying Chrisitian is pointy chinned,droopy,cross eyed and boring looking.If they don’t cast Ian Somerhalder then why even bother making the movie… He is so sexy,he just completes the fantasy and I’m not interested in seeing anyone else in the role.

Patti

Posted at 6:46 AM on September 10, 2012

Absolutely NOT, NO WAY should it be Ryan Gosling. I heard that rumor and quickly was not interested in the movie if he starred in it, my friends feel the same. There is NO WAY he could possibly come across as the sexy Christain Grey, IMPOSSIBLE ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Marie

Posted at 4:58 AM on September 10, 2012

no need to fit with your imagination..as long as he a good actor..then I will support him to play in Fifty Shades Of Grey..

J Hammel

Posted at 8:18 AM on September 9, 2012

Definitely consider Henry Cavill, or Armie Hammer!!

J Hammel

Posted at 8:16 AM on September 9, 2012

NO WAY should it be Gosling – he’s a good actor, but not a Christian Grey!!!

Sandi Ruby

Posted at 11:17 AM on September 8, 2012

Are you kidding me? Ryan is not even CLOSE to being hot!!! Matt Bomer is PERFECT!!! Matt is HOT and what I visualize as I read the books!

Makeena

Posted at 6:47 PM on September 25, 2012

Him being very very gay may not be good for publicity, it’ll f with the female psyche lol

Ahwish Noarres

Posted at 7:35 AM on September 8, 2012

he’s a good actor but i dont think he looks like christian grey.. it doesnt fit my imagination..

d.harris

Posted at 4:14 PM on September 7, 2012

handsome and good actor but,not christian grey.

Jhen

Posted at 10:42 AM on September 7, 2012

Nooooo! MATT BOMER is perfect for Christian Grey!

Casey

Posted at 10:33 AM on September 7, 2012

Ian Somerhalder fits the role perfectly. Just look at his pictures he posted on Facebook this morning! He’s the only person I pictured while reading the books. Ryan just wouldn’t be the same at all.

Jess

Posted at 1:49 AM on September 7, 2012

YUM. But i think Ezra from pretty little liars would be a better suit. And def Leighton Meester for Ana.

Lola

Posted at 10:41 PM on September 6, 2012

WORST choice EVER!!!! Gaspard Ulliel as Grey and Leighton Meester as Steele! There, best cast ever for the movie!! Google the frech guy “Gaspard Ulliel”

Samuelle 40

Posted at 8:46 PM on September 6, 2012

Sorry see below bit misleading Henry Cavill for part he’s got looks and body of someone who works out every day yes can just see him as Chritian grey and just split w ith his girlfriend so won’t be upsetting other half.

Samuelle 40

Posted at 8:41 PM on September 6, 2012

No way Ryan Henry Cavill definately Rob fits description to a tee but shouldn’t think he would want anything to do with this role isn’t he enough trouble with leading lady almost enough for life I should think anyway author doesn’t want him anyway.

Misleading

Posted at 5:33 PM on September 6, 2012

The media on a mission to ram Gosling down our throats for some reason. He has never been or will be fan favorite. He is not every girl’s fantasy. Speak for yourself article writer, not the entire female population because you are far off point.