‘RHONY’ Recap: Battle Of The Blondes On ‘Slutty Island’

Mon, September 3, 2012 10:55pm EDT by 6 Comments
The Real Housewives of New York City Recap
Courtesy of Bravo

Aviva Drescher confronts Ramona Singer and Sonja Morgan on the Sept. 3 episode of ‘The Real Housewives of New York City!’

The Sept. 3 episode of The Real Housewives of New York City picks up where last week’s left off — with a party in St. Barths!

Unfortunately for LuAnn de Lesseps, the only people who showed up to this little shindig were Cat, LuAnn’s old friend, and Tomas, the “Johnny Deep look-alike” from the night before — the same man the girls suspected LuAnn cheated on Jacques with! Even with Ramona Singer’s persistent nagging, we never got an answer as to whether or not an affair did occur.  And for the first time, I have to admit, I found Ramona to be entertaining. I may have even chuckled a bit.

The next day, the ladies set out for a day on the yacht while Aviva Drescher and her husband Reid are en route to St. Barths, despite Aviva’s fear of flying.

When Aviva and Reid finally do arrive, she feels they don’t receive the warm welcome that she anticipated. In fact, Ramona and Sonja Morgan make it very clear that they wanted Reid to find a nice hotel to stay at! LuAnn, being the instigator that she is, dropped a hint that Ramona and Sonja were actually figuring out a way to tell Reid to leave. (I bet LuAnn LOVED that the attention was now on something else other than her alleged rendezvous with Captain Jack Sparrow.)

When Aviva gets wind of Ramona and Sonja’s true feelings, she lets loose! Screaming ensues and Ramona begs Aviva to take a Xanax. The worst hit comes when Aviva says, “You’re both white trash, quite frankly.” (It only took 15 episodes, but I finally got to hear the comment I’ve been waiting all season to witness. It certainly was worth the wait.)

Aviva stomps upstairs and whines to Reid before telling Carol Radziwill they are leaving! Actually, she gives Carol an ultimatum — either Sonja and Ramona leave or she and Reid will. Somehow, Heather Thomson, LuAnn, and Carol calm Aviva down — with a little help from Sonja and what seemed to be a fake, and totally insincere, apology by Ramona.

The ladies head to dinner where thing start off rocky when Ramona asks Aviva to move down to the other side of the table. Aviva mocks Ramona and Sonja and then refuses to apologize for calling them “white trash.” Quite frankly, I’m loving that she didn’t.

To be continued…

[Bravo]

– Christopher Rogers

Micheala

Posted at 8:14 PM on September 8, 2012

I do think Aviva over reacted to the situation about Reid, but I understand she was still shaken from the airplane ride. I’m still team Aviva, but my co-worker at Dish is team Ramona/Sonja. I don’t understand why everyone is hooking up with French Captain Jack? If I wanted a look-a-like Johnny Depp, I would hope for someone who looked more like ‘21 Jump Street’ Depp. I will miss the upcoming episode of “Slutty Island,” but have added it to my Hopper DVR list. With Bravo premiering all the new Housewives shows this fall I’m going to need all 2,000 hours of recording space.

stormyboo

Posted at 10:18 AM on September 4, 2012

Wonder if Bravo will have a show called Real Housewives of rehab? Ramona can be the star, Kim from RHBH can be on it and maybe Joe Gudice! I’m sorry Aviva was right. and the white trash comment I have been waiting years to hear that!!!

laxman madas

Posted at 4:47 AM on September 4, 2012

happay birthday

Rina

Posted at 12:20 AM on September 4, 2012

Luann and Sonja sharing the same greasy Johnny Depp lookalike….He’s young enough to be their son…gross. They are going to need a double dose of penicillin for that . Hope it was worth it because it made you both look skanky and desperate. Also, here is a little tidbit for Carole, if you see a guy only every 4 or 5 months, he’s a pretend boyfriend….aka a booty call.

ria

Posted at 10:25 AM on September 4, 2012

Carole, to Russ you are not his gf. Didn’t he invite Sonja to join you in bed? Hint: That’s how much he missed you.

bronxmami

Posted at 6:46 PM on September 12, 2012

Your so right I thought I was the only one who.caught that he invited sonja.and why did carole have to see him why didn’t he come to ny?