‘Married To Jonas’ Recap — Kevin’s Mom: ‘I’m Impossible’

Sun, September 2, 2012 10:45pm EDT by 16 Comments
Courtesy of E!

Kevin’s mom admits to judging his wife Dani in the latest episode of ‘Married To Jonas,’ for something as small as using paper napkins! Keep reading to see what she said!

In this weeks episode, Kevin Jonas and wife Danielle travel to Dallas, Texas, to the Jonas family compound.

A Juggling Act

While Kevin tries to enjoy the company of his brothers, he is guilted by his mother, who reiterated his grandfather has cancer and that he should spend more time with him. Instead, she tells him he wasted time by going with his friends and brothers to the rodeo.

She continues on, saying she has judged Kevin’s wife Dani for using paper napkins, instead of cloth!

“Sometimes I feel like I can’t do anything right,” says Dani in regards to her mother-in-law.

Kevin’s mother admits she feels like she can’t wait for the three more daughter-in-laws, so she can start over with each one.

A Spiritual Awakening

As Kevin and Dani arrive in Texas, the family’s spiritual advisor Bob arrives, and tells them about their future with children in front of the entire family. Kevin tells his mother he wishes this had been a more private conversation.

Kevin struggles with the fact that he feels like he cannot please everyone at the same time, while Dani still feels pressure to have a baby.

Kevin’s mother Denise tells him, “I get that I’m impossible” and admits that she judged Dani when she had the family over to their New Jersey house and used paper napkins instead of cloth.

Dani’s Big Reveal

Dani admits that she’s been taking anxiety medication for a couple of years. Kevin is so supportive and even tweeted during the September 2 show, “I’m realy proud of @daniellejonas sharing about her anxiety it is a tough thing and she is so amazing. I love you baby. #inspiration #MTJ”

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Kevin’s mom was too harsh on Danielle? Sound off below!

More Jonas News:

1. Kevin Jonas & Wife Danielle Are Waiting To Have Kids
  2. ‘Married To Jonas’ Recap: Dani Takes Kevin To Prom
  3. Kevin & Danielle Jonas: Dogs Prepare Us For Babies

sirius

Posted at 5:02 PM on May 20, 2013

She is clearly high as a kite at all times. I know junkies less out of it. Anti anxiety meds my eye. She is taking narcotics. You can’t get that loopy on anti anxiety and stay awake. She might be mixing painpills with Xanax but she is an addict. Why doesn’t her family care?

sarah

Posted at 10:46 AM on March 14, 2013

Every mother inlaw has expectations from her daughter inlaw, so I don’t think Denise was wrong she felt the paper napkins were not up to standard for her she expected better. I mean Dani should learn the proper manners applicable to a millonaires wife.

Catherine

Posted at 5:51 AM on January 21, 2013

Please can you tell me the name of the medication danielle jonas takes for anxiety? Thankyou

gail

Posted at 8:59 AM on January 21, 2013

I don’t think we were ever told what it was.

Cory Schroepfer

Posted at 11:08 PM on September 20, 2012

I watch very little reality TV. But, I have to say these two seem refereshingly genuine. I wish them the best. I actually feel comfortable for once having my kids watch this family. In particular in comparison to the Kardashians. Who, by the way, I don’t think are evil. But, I don’t consider good role models. They are the perfect example of what a materilistic america is all about.

Peachy

Posted at 10:49 AM on September 18, 2012

OMG!!! I can’t believe his mother actually said something to him about his wife using paper napkins at a dinner that she cooked for her and her family! How petty!!! She said she was “trying to lighten the mood”… yeah right! If you are going to try and lighten the mood, you sure don’t say a mean comment like that! She is really weird and very controlling. She seems like a nagging mother-in-law from hell. I sue hope Dani can learn how to ignore and take her little comments with a grain of salt, if not, I see a lot of hurt in the future, and that’s just sad. I mean look at the guilt she put on Kevin for going to the Rodeo instead of visiting with his Grandpa. That right there was so mean and uncalled for. I wish the two of them a lot of luck. =)

bailey.manner@yahoo.com

Posted at 1:43 PM on March 26, 2013

i feel like denise is jealous of her lol lol

Peachy

Posted at 4:13 AM on August 16, 2013

Yep & It’s Disgusting… lol

LaLa

Posted at 2:01 PM on September 12, 2012

Denise Jonas just needs to BUTT OUT! When or IF Kevin and Dani ever decide to start a family it is THEIR business not Denise’s. She may want grandchildren, but doesn’t she want her children to be happy first and fore most? And the paper napkin comment! REALLY??? That was really out of line and uncalled for. Makes her look like a very judgemental snob. If she keeps this up, it wouldn’t surprise me if eventually Kevin and Dani never come around her. And who could blame them? I was so fortunate to have a MIL that was so accepting and loving. We may not have always agreed on everything, but she certainly was respectful of my thoughts and opinions and never tried to force her beliefs on me. She simply loved me because her son loved me. She didn’t need anything from me other than to know that her son was loved and happy. Being newly married is always hard enough without having outside forces adding pressure to it. Denise Jonas just makes me even more grateful that I had such a wonderful MIL. Wish she were still here with us.

gail

Posted at 12:39 PM on September 8, 2012

Kevin’s mother needs to learn how to speak proper english. It’s “daughters-in-law”.

Danielle S.

Posted at 10:13 PM on September 7, 2012

Does anyone know what the brand of dress Danielle was wearing at the end of the show (while they were watching home videos) is? The maxi dress with the tube top and striped skirt? Or where to buy a similar one possibly? I’m in love.

Setra

Posted at 8:41 PM on September 4, 2012

This show is a good example of how challenging it can be to juggle all of the families involved when two people get married. I’m glad that Dani explained that she has anxiety, perhaps she’ll get less pressure to have children so fast. I’ve been enjoying this show, it gives my Dish coworkers and I a lot to talk about. I have a timer set up for it to record each week on my Hopper. I love that when I play back my recordings, I can start watching on my living room TV and continue watching on any TV in my house right where I left off. I love the convenience of not having a lot of interruption while I watch my recordings.

Holly

Posted at 12:51 PM on September 3, 2012

The worst show I couldn’t get thru 10 minutes

Pickle-Lily

Posted at 8:54 AM on September 3, 2012

The law of averages dictates that Denise Jonas will eventually come up against a daughter-in-law who will be independent, strong and intelligent and who will give her more than a run for her money and most certainly will not be dictated to regarding matters as personal as having a child. She comes across as nitpicking and controlling and her son, whichever one it is, will more likely than not take his wife’s side and Denise will find herself being put into the cold and she’ll have no-one but herself to blame. I can’t believe her comment about ‘starting over’ with each prospective DIL in order to mould and manipulate them no doubt …. The mother-in-law from hell if you ask me.

realhousewivesrealprofessor

Posted at 3:30 AM on September 3, 2012

I can’t stand this kind of mother in law. It’s almost like the mother doesn’t want her son to be with another woman so she picks and picks at the wife and acts like nobody is “good enough” for her precious baby. WEIRD! I am so lucky my mother in law is not like this. :) She is just happy that her son is happy! End of story!

Diane Smith

Posted at 1:32 AM on September 3, 2012

Who cares about paper napkins. What and Itch she is. I’ll bet someone else does her Laundry for her. Dani don’t worry about the meds. You do what you have to. When you are BOTH ready to get pregnant you will. We all have problems. Your’s are in the Limelight. Tougher. Try to shut all of that out and enjoy your Husband and family. Try to overlook things the Mother in Law says. Don’t forget she is new at this too. In 20 years she will have figured it out.