From Alison’s empty grave to Toby’s game-changing reveal, browse HollywoodLife.com’s gallery of the most shocking season three moments (so far) and vote for your favorite!
We still have almost two months until Pretty Little Liars airs its Halloween special, but I’m OK with that, because that’s how long it will take me to recover from the endless parade of surprises in the first half of season three. To help you make sense of the madness yourself, HollywoodLife.com narrowed down the season’s 10 biggest shockers (so far), and we want to know which one(s) left you totally speechless.
1. Alison’s grave is empty! The third season started with a bang — or, rather, a scoop — when the girls’ discovered that someone had stolen Alison’s body from her grave.
2. Mona freaks out at Caleb! When Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) accused Mona (Janel Parrish) of being a lousy kisser in episode three, the mental patient showed him what her mouth does best: SCREAM!
3. Melissa admits she lied about her pregnancy! The girls’ suspicions of Melissa (Torrey DeVitto) were confirmed in episode three when she admitted to faking her pregnancy long after having a miscarriage. I’m starting to wonder if she was ever pregnant at all!
4. Hanna & Wren kiss! I’ll never forget where I was when “Wrenna” was born in episode eight: On my couch, shaking my head in disbelief. (Let’s hope this never happens again!)
5. Ezra’s a daddy! When Ezra’s (Ian Harding) brother Wesley Fitzgerald (Gregg Sulkin) came to Rosewood in episode nine, he brought more than just his chiseled good looks; he also brought along the mother — wait, make that father — of all family secrets!
6. Maya gets kidnapped — on camera! I still have goosebumps from the chilling moment in episode 10 where the girls watch security footage of a shadowy figure snatching Maya (Bianca Lawson) outside the Kahns’ cabin.
7. Spencer battles a snake! The liars are used to dealing with snakes (hello, Noel Kahn!) but Spencer (Troian Bellisario) got up-close-and-personal with the real deal in episode 11. I’m never using a public dressing ever again.
8. Toby & Spencer have sex! Spencer gave Toby (Keegan Allen) a “welcome home” roll in the hay in episode 12. Little did she know she was sleeping with the enemy!
9. Caleb gets shot! We still don’t know who shot Caleb in episode 12, but I know someone who’d be more than willing to nurse him back to health: ME! I mean… um… Hanna (Ashley Benson)!
10. Toby is “A!” As we all suspected, Pretty Little Liars saved its most mind-blowing surprise for last when Toby was revealed to be the second member of Mona’s “A” team on episode 12.
— Andy Swift
More Pretty Little Liars:
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spoilers: Toby’s History, Mona’s Mayhem & More
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Summer Finale: 5 Burning Questions Answered
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Summer Finale Recap: Maya’s Killer Is Revealed