New ‘Vampire Diaries’ Video: Elijah Will ‘Definitely Be Back’ In Season 4

Fri, August 31, 2012 10:40am EDT by 9 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

Daniel Gillies’ handsome mug addresses fans in a brand-new interview, promising more Original hotness this fall.

Regardless of whether you consider yourself to be Team Damon or Team Stefan, I’m pretty sure we’re all Team Elijah. In this new video, just released by The CW, Daniel Gillies talks about playing The Vampire Diaries‘ best-groomed Original — and what fans can look forward to as we edge closer to the Oct. 11 season premiere.

“Elijah will definitely be back,” Daniel says. “I think as long as there are vampires on this show, I think Elijah will be back. With four deaths under my belt, I think I’m pretty much bulletproof at this point.”

So what could Elijah have in store for us next season? Knowing this show, it could be anything! I even chatted with Daniel back in May 2011 about a potential coupling of Elijah and Elena (Nina Dobrev) — and now that she’s a vampire, that’s more of a possibility than ever. Here’s what he said about their chemistry at the time:

“It’s dangerous, but I think there’s something intoxicating about the combination of Elena’s purity and Elijah’s ancient resonance. … She represents something magnificent to him, something he doesn’t see very often in people. The fans are right; there’s a resistance and a purity, and the sexual tension becomes pyre between them. Perhaps people think Elena looks safe around him. It’s the same reason people want to see her with Damon, but it’s on a different level, because Elijah’s got an older spirit.”

Watch Daniel’s interview below, then drop me a comment with your hopes for season four:

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries news:

1. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Bloopers: Damon Eats Elena’s Underwear & More
  2. ‘Vampire Diaries’: Damon Finally Gets His Edge Back In Season 4
  3. ‘Secret Circle’ Star Phoebe Tonkin Joins ‘The Vampire Diaries’

lauren

Posted at 10:08 PM on January 10, 2013

i cant wait to see him again it seems like forever since season 2 but i would love to see him with elena if shes not ment to be with damon either or stefan she is bound to fall for elijhia who dosent i sure would i really think elijha needs a romantic with damon to confess they do love each other i think its time to get the quote i lovee you back for elijha damon stefan kol klaus jeramey and matt rebecca to.

cheyenne f. manfrini (@madchenengel)

Posted at 12:41 PM on November 24, 2012

cant wait to see him back, he’s my favorite <3

Shadowslayer

Posted at 9:43 AM on October 31, 2012

BRING BACK ELIJAH HE’S MY FAVOURITE ORGINAL I LOVE HIM MORE THAN STEFAN

Grazielle

Posted at 10:09 PM on November 27, 2012

DON’T YA KNOW IT

kiren111

Posted at 11:34 PM on October 7, 2012

I may actually return to the show soon because I miss Elijah oh so much!

NIan

Posted at 8:22 AM on September 9, 2012

Hurray!Elijah is the best orijinal!

Lucy

Posted at 1:35 PM on September 2, 2012

Elijah is by far my favorite original, so I couldn’t be happier that he is returning. Though I really hope that they avoid an Elena romance, she already has enough on her plate this coming season. I am so excited for this to premiere, but my job at Dish requires that I work a lot of late nights. With so many of my favorite shows returning soon, I am so glad that my Hopper has 2,000 hours of recording space. Hopefully with Elijah in town, he can restore order after the Klaus disaster; because if anyone can control him, it will be the mysterious Elijah.

Grazielle

Posted at 10:11 PM on November 27, 2012

I agree 1000% We love you ‘Lijah

Lexi.

Posted at 11:42 AM on August 31, 2012

And here he goes, the perfect man!