Twilight Inspires NYC’s Most Popular Baby Names

Thu, August 30, 2012 11:40am EDT by 9 Comments
Twilight baby names
Courtesy of Summit Entertainment

The hottest baby names for 2011 in New York City came straight from the pages of the ‘Twilight’ series! Find out which ones made the cut.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg held a news conference on Aug. 29 to announce the most popular baby names in NYC for 2011, and the top results sound awfully familiar!

The mayor, along with NYC Health Commissioner Thomas Farley released the top names for each gender, and the winner for girls is (drumroll please)…

Isabella! As in Isabella Swan perhaps?

For the second year in a row, Isabella took the top spot for baby girls born in NYC. The popular name has been a part of the city’s top ten female baby names since 2002, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Although Jayden was the number-one most popular boys name for 2011 (also for the second year in a row), Jacob came in at number two. Jacob Black anyone?

Edward wasn’t in the top ten for NYC this time, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed that it makes the list next year. Or maybe Robert — it’s the least fans could do.

What do YOU think of the popular names HollyMoms?

– Christina Stiehl

More HollyBaby news:

1. Should Baby Formula Be Hidden In Hospitals To Force Moms To Breastfeed? Mayor Bloomberg Says Yes
  2. ‘Hunger Games’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’ Inspire Most Popular Baby Names
  3. 12 Baby Name Trends For 2012

tiki

Posted at 9:47 AM on August 31, 2012

I named my son Jacob. but not because of the books. the book just happened to bring the name to my attention. I was struggling to find a boys name after a girl stole my baby name 2 months before i had my son, so I looked through all my books. Jacob stood out.

Esmee

Posted at 6:44 PM on August 30, 2012

I have 2 goldfishes named Edward and Bella =D

ainhoa

Posted at 6:31 PM on August 30, 2012

I have twins and called isabella marie and renesmee

ainhoa

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 30, 2012

I’m from Spain and I will be twins were called isabella marie and renesmee carlie

Pris

Posted at 1:43 PM on August 30, 2012

The name of my twins are Robert jr. and Kristen the are 11 years old
Long before twilight came out.

Cutie423

Posted at 11:58 AM on August 30, 2012

Who really names there child after a vampire movie? Surely you have something with a little bit more significant in your life to name your child after. My sister-in-law named both her children after these movies. We are all making fun of you behind your back your almost 30 years old. Being obsessed over a vampire movie is a little disturbing. Plus now you will have to tell your little girl one day that she was named after a Trampire!!

julie

Posted at 4:45 PM on August 30, 2012

to name your child after the movies is quuite ridiculous but i dont know why people still have the need to use the word “trampire”. get over it, she’s not perfect, she makes mistake. you don’t know her, you don’t judge! as simple as that. stop being so disrespectful towards her T.T

Cutie423

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 30, 2012

oh waaah! Its funny. Plain and simple.

tiki

Posted at 9:49 AM on August 31, 2012

wow… you’re a hateful little thing aren’t you? why do you care what she likes? I’d hate to have you as an aunt.