‘America’s Got Talent’ Semi-Finals Results: First 3 Finalists Revealed

Wed, August 29, 2012 10:17pm EST by 11 Comments
Courtesy of NBC (3)

Did your favorite acts make it through to next week’s finals? (Mine didn’t.)

The 12 acts from last night’s episode of America’s Got Talent returned to the stage Aug. 29, where Nick Cannon revealed which three will be continuing on to the finals, and there were quite a few surprises — and disappointments. Let’s get to it, shall we?

Here’s who DID make it through:

Sand artist Joe Castillo

Giant harpist William Close

Comedian Tom Cotter

And here’s who DIDN’T make it through:

Contortionist/street dancer Turf

Robotic dance duo The Scott Brothers

Goth opera singer Andrew de Leon

Dance crew Academy of Villains

Donovan & Rebecca

Pianist/singer Edon

Singer Bria Kelly

Magician Eric Dittelman

Dog ventriloquist Todd Oliver

While some of the results were predictable — we all know William is going to win this thing — I was actually pretty surprised (and bummed) by a few of the acts eliminated this week. Turf? Donovan & Rebecca? Eric Dittelman? These acts are all insanely talented, and I’d pay real non-Monopoly dollars to see any of them in a Las Vegas show.

How do you feel about the three acts sent through? Were they all worthy of competing in the finals? Drop a comment with your reaction to tonight’s surprising reveals.

— Andy Swift

Liz

Posted at 1:25 PM on August 31, 2012

Im glad after watching it that Tom Cotter, I am please he made it he was funny, I love them all that made it really wish there was a 4th spot this week though becuase i would have liked to see Andrew DeLeon move on, I Loved him since he blew me away the first time with his voice that I wasnt expecting or The Scott Brothers, I think they should have made it too even over Andrew, ( I have to admit the same as sharon after re watching his perfomances some of the notes he is a bit off on.

Arielly

Posted at 2:18 AM on August 30, 2012

seriously??? A sand artist over the dog ventriloquist? I liked them both but there’s no way I would pay to see sand art…

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:02 PM on August 30, 2012

I feel like the sand art would be cooler in person. Maybe…

Setra

Posted at 12:47 AM on August 30, 2012

This was an interesting episode and I was surprised with some of the eliminations! I was especially surprised with Edon’s elimination, I thought everyone would just adore him! I was also pleased with those who are going on because I do like William Close and I think it’s safe to say he may end up winning the whole thing. I can’t wait to discuss this episode with my Dish coworkers tomorrow, to see how they felt about it. We all watch every week, and thanks to my Hopper I don’t have to worry about setting up timers, because it records automatically with the Prime Time Anytime feature.

Dave

Posted at 12:39 AM on August 30, 2012

To steal a line from Howard I was a little bored with Neon Tres about halfway through their song tonight.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:48 AM on August 30, 2012

Haha, yeah, I like the song but I did laundry during that part.

Nancy Loranger

Posted at 12:01 AM on August 30, 2012

Great to have such a large block of time back. No longer q
Wasting it on AGT!!!

Melvina Cabrers

Posted at 10:51 PM on August 29, 2012

Though I like the 3 choices, Dittleman should be there

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:30 PM on August 29, 2012

Agreed!

Aly

Posted at 10:30 PM on August 29, 2012

I really liked Eric Dittleman and Turf! I can’t believe they didn’t make it through :(

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:37 PM on August 29, 2012

Me too! Turf’s dancing is bananas & I actually went to college with Dittelman. And I didn’t even know it!