‘True Blood’ Season Finale Recap: A New Vampire God Is Born

Mon, August 27, 2012 12:00am EST by 50 Comments
Courtesy of HBO (3)

dammie

Posted at 4:47 PM on February 13, 2013

Bill should’ve listen to sook and eric……anyway,good for him.i knew bill will be the bad vamp.since the 1st season of the movie.can’t wait for eric to tear him apart!

Kathy

Posted at 4:34 PM on February 6, 2013

I want to see Bill come back. He and Sookie are the best together. I like Luna with Sam. Also, I like Alcide with Sookie for a little tension. Lafayette is the greatest maybe you could find him with his nurse friend again.

Marilyn King

Posted at 5:09 PM on February 6, 2013

Absolutely Kathy. Agree wholeheartedly with all that. Season 6 is gonna seem a long time coming.

M&M

Posted at 1:28 AM on January 30, 2013

I don’t have anything against the actress, but I really do not want to see Luna again for another season. It would have been better for them to have killed her off and kept Jesus. I’m still hoping there’s a way to resurrect him because the head Don Bartolo had of him was perfectly preserved and not decomposed, and I’m guessing the body is too.
Lafayette just maybe needs to learn how to “magic” him back. I’m interested to see what happens with Warlow and Sookie/Jason and what happens when a few werepanther women arrive on his doorstep with bundles of joy from them taking turns on him. Then there are the Bellefleur kids and Tara becoming a part of team Eric and Pam, and hopefully Eric coming back to team Eric and Pam. I really hope season 6 can deliver, but I’m kind of prepared for it not to. I did like seeing Alcide with his father, though.

Marilyn King

Posted at 1:19 PM on January 30, 2013

Alcide, now THERE’S a man, and a bottom worthy of ten whole points. In fact his whole body! Just to bring things down to basics, after all, they employ these actors to give we viewers pleasure other than the acting, don’t they??

Marilyn King

Posted at 6:17 PM on December 22, 2012

Having read all the books, let’s start by stating that TB is nothing like them, apart from pinching many of the characters and then changing everything. I got fed up with the books by the time there were so many fairy characters and far fewer vampire ones. So to the tv: HATED the nonsensical scenes of the chaos created by the Meanad and fast forwarded them. I didn’t really enjoy season 5 because previously it was so much fun with the main characters interacting with one another and now everything has gone to hell in a handbasket just to boost ratings. If Bill doesn’t end up back with Sookie forever it will be the disappointment of my life (okay, okay, I suppose I should get out more!)

Lena

Posted at 10:40 PM on December 27, 2012

“If Bill doesn’t end up back with Sookie forever it will be the disappointment of my life (okay, okay, I suppose I should get out more!)”

BOOO!!!

Bill (or should I say Billith) is the worst. The writers should do everyone a favor and put a stake in him/her.

Amy

Posted at 3:21 PM on February 14, 2013

Amen!!! I agree, If they cut him out, whats the point in watching. They had the best love and sex scenes ever! Hot, hot, hot!! I didnt feel that with Eric even though he’s Hot. Alceed, very Hot but no love there. Bill loves Sookie and does everything to make her happy even if he cant have her.

Angelique

Posted at 1:09 PM on October 26, 2012

Why wait so long for season six? I don’t think my friend and I can wait that long with the way that season five ended it upset us a little bit why end the season like that than have to wait so long?

greta

Posted at 6:14 AM on September 29, 2012

hi i am a big big fan of true blood especially bill and sookie love affair,…i also enjoy love triangle between sookie bill and eric…i just hope u will update me when will the season six be show …i really cannot wait to watch the next season becoz now the story is getting so much shocking and revealing…im just felt sad with what happened to bill..but i just hope true blood will hav a good ending for the main 3 character (sookie bill and eric..) thanks for the great series u gave us…i will love true blood forever…

paul rolton

Posted at 6:06 AM on September 27, 2012

hi there guys i am big fan of true blood it,s true rules i have blood for you
i would injoy fan cluib long with membersships

Wendie

Posted at 9:50 AM on August 30, 2012

I have read all of Charlaine Harris’s books in the Southern Vampire Chronicles and have been a huge True Blood fan since the beginning. I have to say that this season fell short of the mark. I felt lost through every episode asking myself “where is this going???” At the end of the episode, when Bill turns into a god, I knew the show had jumped the shark. I understand that most shows deviate from the books to some degree because the scripts are the writers’ adaptation and not everything works on television. But True Blood took a U-Turn and ended up in No Man’s Land. I’m on the fence about even watching the next season(which should be the last unless the writing gets back to being good like season 1) I feel invested in it and should see it through to the ending. But if it isn’t any good, it will be even more disappointing. I do love all the actors though and hope their next projects are awesome.

Cindy

Posted at 3:08 AM on September 9, 2012

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve not read the Harris books, but I just felt this season was all over the place: not enough story for some characters (Terry, Hoyt), and why they did such a cursory flashback arc with Eric and Pam I’ll never know. The season felt patched together, and I don’t think I’ll make watching it a priority next season.

Rina

Posted at 6:01 PM on January 28, 2013

Did you WATCH S5? Terry and Hoyt had their own storylines. And what do you mean by a cursory arc with Pam and Eric? They showed how Pam and Eric met, and how Pam became a vampire. They showed similar background stories for Bill and Eric. What more did you need? Did you expect them to show the 100 years that they spent together? Why don’t you try using your imagination instead of making ridiculous complaints.

Korry Factor-Ortiz

Posted at 2:20 AM on August 29, 2012

i have mixed feelings about season 5..i wanted it to be crazier,more fighting,more war..i dont know..i enjoyed the different stories but got tired of them towards the end..glad it all came into one story now..BUT i just wasnt that pleased with the season finale…we all saw what was coming…for jason..i like this bad ass jason(not the I hate vampire jason,which he seems to ALWAYS be going through,but the bad ass,killing fools jason..kinda hot!!) pam& tara was cute..i wonder how thats gonna play out in season 6..im getting tired of jessica and her “i love him..no i dont..blah blah blah” bills gone mad and now is some crazy god….i feel like this season finale should of been more of a MID-season finale as it didnt really leave me wanting more…anyways..i do look forward to season 6 BUT i do hope that season 6 is the last for this show..i feel like they are starting to run out of things to write about(i read all the books and got tired of the same things over and over again…you can only take a love triangle so many times before it gets played out!)

Korry Factor-Ortiz

Posted at 2:21 AM on August 29, 2012

oh yeah..and i really think the way russell died was lame..it was so easy and just too short..they built him up all season and last season..yeah it wasnt good

Lena

Posted at 2:33 AM on September 28, 2012

“i read all the books and got tired of the same things over and over again…you can only take a love triangle so many times before it gets played out!”

There is NO love triangle in the books, so what are you talking about? Sookie dumps Bill in book 3. She stops loving him completely. She has never considered getting back with him.

BTW, plenty of fun stuff happens in the later books. There’s a vampire trial, vampire convention, bombing by the FotS, blood bond, were war, vampire takeover, vampire marriage, fae war, Sookie gets kidnapped, Eric gets framed for murder and has a Queen after him, etc.

Marilyn King

Posted at 1:27 PM on January 30, 2013

The TV series don’t follow the books, just use some of the ideas and all the characters. The earlier series were a vast improvemennt on the books not least because they chucked out a lot of confusing stuff about all the fairies, until the Praise Lillith storyline which was a disaster. I hope series 6 gets back to some serious vampire stories and loses the writer of series 5. I know that repetition of a kind is inevitable but we watch it for the fangs, don’t we, not the gods covered in tomato sauce?

D

Posted at 1:18 AM on August 29, 2012

for me jason was not crazy, he was transferred to another realm of some sort because of that stupid witch elder who was suppose to stop russell. i think the whole season is a a transition for all the cast. i was hoping for all out war, since all the lead cast have powers now like tara being a vampire and lafayette being a bruho. but i guess we have to wait for season 6 when they established a true villain before all hell breaks loose

Caitlin

Posted at 12:46 AM on August 29, 2012

Personally, I thought season 5 was one of it’s finest. Let’s be honest, the whole love triangle WAS getting old and it was only a matter of time until True Blood lost many of it’s viewers. So they had to change it up and it remarkably transitioned smoothly.
We all knew the situation with Bill was only going to spiral out of control the moment Sookie rejected him completely at the end of the 3rd season. He killed the queen, gained power as king, overpowered the witches, got taken in by the authority for killing another authority (or by the point, ex-authority) member, then went bat shit crazy when his religious views were tampered with and he began doubting everything he ever believed in. All in all, Bill has grown hungrier and hungrier for power these past two seasons.
Now, Bill rose up from a pile of blood as a Vampire God. We’ve passed the point of no turning back and things are only going to get worse.
The disintegration of the authority has only made the show that much better and it’s set up a lot for the 6th season to come.
Edgington’s death was a little too rushed for me though.
Luna will be fine, I’m sure, since skin walkers have always fallen ill after they shift back into their own body.
The werewolves didn’t do much for me this season. It was more like filler. Every character was connected somehow and the weres just had their own separate story. I wasn’t too keen on that take. They need to intervene the weres with the vamps again like they once did before.
It’ll be interesting to see what Steve Newlin will do next, which side he will take or if he will disappear all together then come back later in the 6th season.
Warlow will be the next be revelation, next to Vampire God Bill, and I’m intrigued to see what is to come.

Annie

Posted at 2:28 PM on August 28, 2012

The entire essence of the characters and their relationships disappeared in this season and I was not happy at all with the finale. For me, it was a total lunch bag let down. By far the worst episode of the series. Eric, thank God, was the one shining light of the the entire show.

Nan

Posted at 10:14 AM on August 28, 2012

Well, I was kind of disappointed with this season 5. I expected something better. I t was poor… I didn’t like that they got rid of Russell. He brought a little extra spice to the show. I like the Tara and Pam story. The Andy single parenting and the birth of his girls was ridiculous!!!!! I didn’t see it coming with Bill. Is interesting to see how Bill will play out next season… One thing is for sure, next season better bring something more exciting or this show will go downhill from there on! Also, is stupid and not fair to have to wait another full year to watch the show. Way too short!

Asashii

Posted at 9:39 AM on August 28, 2012

it was the woest season yet, just awful, the shows next seaon needs to be its last while it can some what still leave on a high note, conclude it already and be done!! from stupid plots to the worse fight scenes in a show i have ever seen, left the park in following the books. and just is a sad thing to watch, may season 6 be the last !!!

ajkfnkjanja

Posted at 12:10 PM on August 27, 2012

I’m a doctor, 55,rich but still single.It’s hard to get a girlfriend in my town ,most of them like my money more than like me.I just want to find my true love.so i uploaded my hot photos on ŖićhW00C0m. under the name of craig.u dont have to be a millionaire,but u can meet one there. ..if you girls see this comment,i hope you will check my photos out there.maybe you are the one whom i’m looking for!!LOL

Marilyn King

Posted at 1:29 PM on January 30, 2013

You won’t get any joy here ……… unless you have fangs, lol.

d caldwell

Posted at 11:17 AM on August 27, 2012

Overall, I thought this was a good season. It felt like a transition season for eveyone. I liked all the sub-stories, the love triangle was getting to be boring. How many ways can Eric/Snooki/Bill fight over each other? I can’t wait to see Alcide as pack master, which is going to turn into a battle with the vamps.

The most entertaining part for me was the fairy labor … good tv!

Season 6 needs to have more Lafayette – he is so funny and so natural. I feel like he got lost in the shuffle – what happen with his medium capabilities? Why isn’t he the one talking to Jason/Sookie’s parents? Is Jason a medium now or just crazy?

Pam

Posted at 11:21 AM on August 27, 2012

Also Sookie can read minds..She can’t tell what is wrong with Jason with all that going on in his head? I did miss Lafayette..they need to use him way more…He’s great..I’d like to see him team up with Pam for a battle of one liners!

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:52 AM on August 27, 2012

Well… did Sookie lose her mind-reading ability along with the rest of her fairy powers?

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:52 AM on August 27, 2012

I LOVED the fairy labor too!

Not sure about Jason being a medium. I’m leaning toward “just crazy” on that end.

And yes, Lafayette definitely got lost in the shuffle. We need LOTS of good one-liners from him next season, at the very least.

KD

Posted at 12:28 PM on August 27, 2012

D – I agree with you on the love triangle – I was definitely “Team Eric” last night. On Jason – he is not a medium. Unfortunately he is just plain crazy now! I think that it would be interesting though to see Lafayette actually connect with Jason and Sookie’s parents in Season 6 – good call !

Disastrous

Posted at 10:52 AM on August 27, 2012

Awesome finale…Can’t wait to see what ‘Billith’ does next season!

Jenny

Posted at 10:14 AM on August 27, 2012

Towards the end of this season, I actually found myself a little too eagerly looking forward to the season finale just to get all of the loose ends tied up. I missed the Sookie/Eric/Bill love triangle. Lets face it…..sex a huge draw to this show! I am glad Eric finally got his vengeance on Russell and Pam and Tara together are awesome! I am a huge Eric fan so I am not really looking forward to another season of Eric being submissive against “Bill the King” and now “Bill the God.” I like Eric kicking butt!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:52 AM on August 27, 2012

I was looking forward to the finale too… but for different reasons. This whole season was such an all-over-the-place disaster, I was ready for it to be put to bed. Here’s to a fresh start in season 6!

Jeannie

Posted at 9:53 AM on August 27, 2012

If you recall Andy said he had sex just a couple of weeks before the babies were born.so since it took only weeks instead of 9 months they are pulling a Twilight moment here….so in that case the girls will be almost grown in no time at all….then Andy will have real trouble on his hands…

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:51 AM on August 27, 2012

I didn’t even think of that! I guess there will be even more full-grown fairies running around Bon Temps…

chrissie

Posted at 6:17 AM on August 27, 2012

The hole season 5 was for my taste just TERRIBLE . I hope Season 6 will have again a little “flair” & romance again.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:07 AM on August 27, 2012

Season five was the weakest, I’ll agree, but this finale gave me hope for season six.

Igor

Posted at 3:38 AM on August 27, 2012

This last episode was simply great!!!! I’m glad none of my favourite characters died and Russel did die too quickly and easily. But I’m glad all these crazy vamps are gone but Steve got away and I truly hate him.
Did not expect Tara and Pam’s big kiss but it was long overdue, I love them together, they are just great and I am in love with Eric again, he really is THE man.
Again great episode that really made up for all the c***p the writers put us through this season.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:08 AM on August 27, 2012

I’m actually surprised Nora lived. I figured all the Authority members would be killed by the end of the season, but I guess she’s a lot more likable than the rest.

Pam

Posted at 12:59 AM on August 27, 2012

WOW..all I can say about TB finale is WOW…I didn’t expect Russell to die so quickly..I thought he was Warlow..Now I’m thinking Bill has to be Warlow incarnated…
Eric will have Sookie..though I was holding out for Alcide and Sookie…I think the Pam/Tara thing was a little cliche…so we’ll see…Jason has gone off the deep end…and Andy with four babies..I was waiting for Lafayette to say..I don’t know nothing bout Birthin no Fairy Babies…That should be a scream…

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:09 AM on August 27, 2012

“I thought he was Warlow.”

Me too! Isn’t it kind of annoying how they never mentioned his name ONCE? Not even a hint.

Amanda

Posted at 9:21 PM on August 27, 2012

If you watched the bonus scene they did. He is supposed to be a big part of season 6.

cinephilactic

Posted at 12:57 AM on August 27, 2012

Didn’t think that Russell’s death was that unexpected – it seemed like the show was unsure what else to do with him. I really liked O’Hare, but there wasn’t much more they could do with an unstoppable villain (or perhaps TB was clearing the slate for Bill-ith?)

Did think the Andy quadruplets stuff was funny, too. I think we may be the only ones who enjoyed it, Andy! In our review, we tackle a few of the other goods vs bad plotlines and make some predictions for S6…

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:09 AM on August 27, 2012

“Hate the Alcide stuff and Jason’s parent stuff will be uber annoying if it continues.”

Couldn’t agree more on both points. The werewolf stuff always bored me, even in the books, and Jason’s parents are useless.

cinephilactic

Posted at 8:40 AM on August 29, 2012

I’ve purposefully avoided the books (partially because I can’t do Harris’ twangy-dialogue) but mostly because I haven’t want to be spoiled.

It’s interesting that they’re still drawing on them for inspiration, though. I would have thought at this point that they’ve deviated so much the books no longer provide any real “inspiration”

Spin

Posted at 12:43 AM on August 27, 2012

Wow! The season finale was amassing!! It so made up for all of the lame parts on other episodes this season. Russel dying? I would have liked to see more of him but I’m not torn that he’s gone, besides it seems like Bill will be the super villain next season. I was kind of hopping Bill to turn good again with Sookie but I’m glad he didn’t, it’s so much more interesting this way!!!
On the side, it seems like next season the weres and shifters are coming out, and that Andyvis going I have a very interesting story like raising those 4 girls! I hope they don’t fast forward through it!

Best part of the finale?? Pam and Tara!!!! I was sooo looking forward to it!! I agree that it could have been more emotional but it’s Pam and Tara that we are talking about! I would watch next season fo them alone! They seem to have the funniest tough love relationship ever with all those one liners from both of them! Sookie’s reaction to it?! Ohhh ok! Really Sookie?

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:11 AM on August 27, 2012

“it seems like next season the weres and shifters are coming out.”

Good call! I think most people were so preoccupied by Luna passing out that they forgot she basically outed shifters.

tonyparks

Posted at 12:31 AM on August 27, 2012

Wow its really gonna be something else can’t wait t wacht the season six.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:10 AM on August 27, 2012

Bill fans are certainly in for an interesting season… ;)