‘True Blood’ Season 6 Spoilers: Creator Talks Warlow, Billith & More

Mon, August 27, 2012 10:32am EDT by 70 Comments
Courtesy of HBO

Alan Ball answers a few lingering questions from last night’s finale — and poses just as many new ones.

You’re probably experiencing a range of emotions following the fifth season finale of True Blood — I’m currently somewhere between confused and exhausted — but fortunately, HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site TVLine is here to ease our every anxiety! The site chatted with Alan Ball, who has officially handed showrunner duties over to co-executive producer Mark Hudis, about how the game-changing finale will affect the residents of Bon Temps as they head into season six.

Here are my five favorite nuggets from TVLine’s lengthy chat:

1. Billith: The only thing Alan can say with certainty about Bill (Stephen Moyer) is that he’s “more ferocious” than ever before. As for anything to do with his character in season six, Alan has the same questions we do: “Is he going to be evil? … Will he be able to revert back to Bill?”

2. Luna’s fate: Though Luna’s (Janina Gavankar) latest skin walk appeared to leave her lifeless on the floor of Authority HQ, Alan suggests we wait before planning her funeral. “We didn’t see her die,” he notes.

3. Hoyt’s (possible) return: He may be off in Alaska for now, but don’t expect Hoyt (Jim Parrack) to stay in the north forever. “I wanted to have the possibility for him to return,” Alan says about his decision to have Hoyt move away, rather than be killed.

4. Where’s Warlow? If you’re anything like me, you were probably annoyed that Warlow wasn’t even mentioned during the season’s final hour, but Alan insists that was done intentionally. “We didn’t want to really define Warlow until the next season,” he explains. When asked if we’ve already encountered that vampire, he simply answered, “No comment.”

5. Pam & Tara’s big kiss: You might want to spend the summer celebrating Pam (Kristin Bauer Van Straten) and Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) big kiss, because Alan says their happiness probably won’t last long. “You have to throw a monkey-wrench into [relationships on this show], because to have people be happy is not that exciting.” (Womp womp.)

OK, let’s talk about Alan’s season six teases: Do you want Bill to be saved, or should be forced to suffer the consequences of his decision? Any theories about Warlow’s true identity? And are you annoyed that there are already problems being planned for Pam and Tara? Drop me a comment with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

More True Blood:

1. ‘True Blood’ Season Finale Recap: A New Vampire God Is Born
  2. ‘True Blood’ Season Finale Scoop: Sookie & Eric’s Bloody Reunion
  3. ‘True Blood’ Recap: Sookie & Bill Wage War

Zuzka

Posted at 9:56 PM on October 27, 2012

Och seriously people, when Bill becomes good once again and Hoyt comes back with another lame story of his (that made fifth season much more boring) what will be show about? Do you really want to see creepy happy people buzzing around in Bon Tomps? I bet each one of you would stop watching immediately. The show is about bad things happening. The main charecters are monsters, do you expect them to turn into priests?

Audrey

Posted at 3:57 PM on October 26, 2012

I seriously did not think the season was going to end like that. The one aspect I love about True Blood is the diversity of villains. I am a True Blood fan, always been, but I think season 5 was the worst out of all seasons. All I can say is that season 6 better not be ALL about “Billith.”
Bill, Eric and Sookie should definitely go back to being there for each other and maybe even build a romantic relationship once again. Please bring Bill back!!! Because this show is going to be a hot mess if you don’t….

sarah

Posted at 12:53 AM on October 25, 2012

Bill needs to be saved, Hoyt needs to come back, Tara needs to start talking to Sookie again, Sam and Luna need to work things out and as for Tara and Pam… That would be weird considering she’s kind of her mother… And sadly enough I’m not absolutely interested in the whole Warlow plot… I’m mostly concerned about Bill. And as for Eric, you can send him over here I’ll take care of him ;)

Kimberly

Posted at 5:36 PM on October 23, 2012

Honestly I cant believe that it ended like it did. I was so frustrated. I’m going to leave the last season up to the directors BUT please please help Bill, its just so upsetting to see him turn evil and treat sookie so horrible or worse, die. I really believe that everyone wants to see sookie happy and with the right guy. Erik needs to make things right with Pam, there is really something there between them two. But i am having a hard time deciding between Erik or Bill for Sookie. I want to see things work out between her and Erik, But I cant help but go back to the first few seasons and how preshhh her and Bill were. I’m just so confused. I look forward to the next season, but after the last… I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Megan

Posted at 3:59 PM on October 10, 2012

Bill is my main concern; I love him. I’ve been a vampire fan since before Buffy..and Bill is my favourite vampire. The transition in season 5 was interestering, and it kept me on my toes, but Bill cannot be evil..he overcame too much with his maker (whatever her name is, I don’t liker her) to end up all evil again..and the Bill that we all know and love does not want the world to be ruled by vampires.
So please bring our Bill back!!!!

WikidJuggalo420

Posted at 1:59 PM on September 15, 2012

I think that they should stop killing off relationships. Some needed to be done but i would have liked to see Jesus and Lafayette Work their magic a lil more or at least see Lafayatte finally able to channel the brujo within Jesus and control it. Also bill should use his newfound “Billith” power to destroy his enemys, maybe hes not evil just unable to control himself for the moment like a baby vamp

lynn

Posted at 8:39 PM on September 12, 2012

i want bubba to show up. he was my favorite character in the books. of course the show veers so far off from the books they can not be compared.

kenzieman

Posted at 7:21 PM on September 11, 2012

i hope jason dumps jessica and gets a real girl that dose not sleep with other guys

kenzieman

Posted at 7:18 PM on September 11, 2012

what the hell i hate endings like that i want to know if sam got out and if bill is evil or more powerful

Tina Martinez

Posted at 2:31 PM on September 10, 2012

Oh great now I have to worry when I see the new season about the whole Pam and Tara thing. I already suspected it wouldn’t last but still had hope. I like the chemistry, the sarcasm, though I kind of did miss the old Tara, who no matter what didnt take crap from anyone. But of course there are loads of people who were hoping she died when she got shot,which was harsh to hear. If no one besideds myself likes Tara than all the more reason to have her come back stronger as the undead. Tara is an important part of the show. Pam, Tara and Lafayette are my favorite characters, funny as hell with anything that comes out of their mouths. I did miss Tara and Lafayette bonding time aka bitching and throwing insults at eachother, its what makes them close and real. Also with the whole Bill thing, when he turned into goo at the end, I was already telling my sister I wasnt watching the next season without Bill. In a way Bill died when he exploded and a stronger god like creature controls Bill’s body, but hoping old Bill comes back for Sookie.

Ailyth

Posted at 12:38 PM on September 7, 2012

Bill should be saved, and reverted back to his normal state. I HATE what they did to him, considering he’s my favorite character. He needs his “light again”.

holly

Posted at 4:12 PM on September 5, 2012

I don’t think bill should suffer I truly think he should find his way back. Bill is my favorite character I could imagine true blood with out him I just wish him an sootiest would get back together.

MC

Posted at 7:23 AM on September 1, 2012

I’m a big fan of True Blood but I think this season was the worst of the whole show. Season 6 needs a big turn.

Dave

Posted at 11:03 PM on September 3, 2012

No it wasn’t it just started out slow like all the seasons

Lynne

Posted at 4:09 PM on August 30, 2012

I hope the Billith plot does not drag out next year. One of the best things about Trueblood is they also choice their actors correctly when it comes to their Villians. I hope the will pick an actor currently not on the show to play Warlow and not have a doppleganger situation. I believe the Blood Bond between Eric and Sookie in the books will be introduced next year in the show. This may be the only think that keeps Warlow from claiming Sookie .

“The writers made a point for Sookie and Eric to exchange blood, and Eric state they were one. I believe this may have been in episode 8 or 9 Season 4 .”

Sabrina

Posted at 1:47 AM on August 29, 2012

While Bill’s character was a bit too over dramatic this season and I cheered when he imploded…Billith was “The Chosen One” for a reason. Could it be he’s the only one who’d be powerful enough to defeat Warlow? Makes sense to me and anything’s possible.

TinaC

Posted at 1:27 AM on August 29, 2012

I thought Warlow was going to be Russell…that theory is now moot. Now I am thinking that Warlow is some kind of new supernatural being, maybe? Or maybe he was Russell’s maker? As far as Tara and Pam, I thought that was awesome! They are two of a kind! Both of them came from the school of hard knocks and they really are perfect for each other! Tara found the person who could help her become the strong woman she has always been, but has never been quite sure of how to go about being! And Pam has found someone that can truly understand her! And Pam will bring out Tara’s full potential. As far as Bill, well I’ve always been on team Bill since season one; I hope he doesn’t go all the way over to the dark side! But, I like the new Eric. Last season I wanted to puke, that whole Emo thing was disgusting! The three episodes they kept dragging out him and Sookie drove me absolutely crazy! YUK! But, this new way of balancing his narcissist side with nobility; I like it. It fits him and makes him even more appealing. But, I do love his narcissism and selfishness; at least we always know where Eric stands. Secretly we all yearn to be like Eric. I hope next season they bring Lafayette back into the season more like in season 4 and I want to see more of Sam, but I really don’t care about his love life. I like Sam single and occasionally hooking up with other characters. I also want Hoyt back, and I want to see Jason have some sort of power; his heart is in the right place; but he always seems to be the third wheel. I think there is more to Jason than that…he deserves more! Finally, I will miss Russell. Russell was the absolute best antagonist of all five seasons! He made the show fun to watch! I was upset when they buried him in concrete and I was so excited when he came back this season. It was disappointing that he met his true death! I don’t care who Warlow is, there is no way he can match the charisma of Russell. Denis O’Hare made us love Russell, and actually root for him, even though he was clearly the most evil of all the vampires and other sups!

alicia lang (@auntalicia2007)

Posted at 10:18 PM on August 28, 2012

I have said it before and I’ll say it again but they need to introduce Quinn from the books! They Were Tiger is just so much more sexier than any character the show has had so far!

Ja

Posted at 12:43 PM on August 28, 2012

Im going to say that I think the reason that Alan said no comment is because warlow may not actually be a vampire… Remember sookie could enter his body when they did the flashback. She can’t even hear vampires thoughts. I think it’s some kind of evil fairy or a fairy/vampire mi .

shaneroy

Posted at 6:19 AM on October 20, 2012

Agreed because he had fangs but that chick new him

paulina

Posted at 6:36 AM on August 28, 2012

OH MY GOD, that was hilarious..I was ROFLing all the time. I think that the writers must have been stoned while creating this season.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:00 AM on August 28, 2012

I won’t disagree with you there.

alicia lang (@auntalicia2007)

Posted at 10:15 PM on August 28, 2012

lol

antonio

Posted at 5:58 AM on August 28, 2012

First @Lyra, I want to see wayyy more pam and tara. thats actually really interesting and suggesting that they put it on the “down low” is rather offensive. Id prefer they play it up alot more because since gay/bi characters are equally as important as all the other straight relationships and it brings diversity..yknow…like..real life?

WARLOW

Posted at 2:11 AM on August 28, 2012

I’m firmly on Team Bill, and not necessarily Team Billith. I believe he and Sookie’s relationship is the root of the show and without it would be ripping out the spine. Even Sookie/Eric cannot hold a candle to their chemistry. Honestly, Eric was better as a ruthless quasi-villain, even though women swoon at his heroics. I don’t believe that Bill never actually loved Sookie as much as he tried to drive home that point. There are too many scenes that point to his true emotions. Bill zooming in on Sookie via Authority monitor, having sex with Salome but seeing Sookie, rushing out to assist Sookie while cleaning up Nan Flanagan after Eric said “fuck Sookie”, not even considering he’s staked vampires for her, offered his life in exchange for hers and even nearly killed himself in the sun to save her. Way too many close calls and scenes relatively alone to say there was nothing there. PLUS, he says vampires often turn on the ones they love the most..? Then Bill loved Sookie the most. I don’t know if Bill can be saved, or revert back to old Bill, but I would at least prefer he either exacts an even longer-thought-out-crazier master plan, or sacrifices himself to save Sookie and bring the whole thing full circle. Either way would be much better than watching his demise at the hands of Eric like so many are already predicting..get back to the CORE.

John

Posted at 11:09 PM on August 28, 2012

Eric ans Sookie are together in the books, Bills not a a big deal in the books.

Lyra

Posted at 6:46 PM on August 27, 2012

This season was a real dissapointment. I want Bill gone. I hate his character. They should play up Alcide and Sookie a little more, or introduce a new love for her. I could care less what happens with Pam and Tara. let them be together on the down low. No need to play up that relationship. Also Jason should get some fairy powers, bestowed upon him for doing a good deed for a fairy. There are those 4 half fairy babies to write in the story line now. Also Eric’s sister needs to die. It just wasn’t the same without Pam and Eric together, scheming. Sam also needs to be in next season more! His love life doesn’t interest me. Please make him single again. Please go back to season 1 characters and tie them into the next season. Stick with what works. This season’s newcomers did not “do” anything to help the plot line along. Felt like a whole lot of nothing happened.

Crystal

Posted at 3:11 PM on August 27, 2012

For Bill I think he should suffer the consequences of his actions, but I have a big icky feeling, for one reason or another, he won’t. If he does return to the light again he will be forgiven. As for Pam and Tara I knew they would throw a wrench in there for two reasons 1) These are two strong characters and strong personalities usually clash and 2) Putting unexpected people together and pulling them apart is a big TV formula (especially when ratings go down). The only aspect of the show that I’m personally intrigued to see develop is this Warlow character and how he plays into Sookie’s life.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:02 AM on August 28, 2012

I’m curious about who Warlow is. The fact that Alan Ball said “no comment” when asked if Warlow is someone we already know makes me think we’ve met him. (Eric?)

morgan

Posted at 10:15 PM on September 10, 2012

warlow might be bill . because he always implies “sookie is mine ” . but how could sookie enter his body . mabye another supernatural will be reviled . like a vampire fairy hybrid ..

me

Posted at 1:47 PM on August 27, 2012

I am just glad they rescued Pam, she absolutely deserves the award for most entertaining quotes
this season

me

Posted at 1:50 PM on August 27, 2012

lol oh and Bill is no longer required for me to enjoy the show, he was actually getting on my nerves this season and last

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:00 AM on August 28, 2012

HBO could sell a coffee-table book full of Pam’s best 1 liners.

INSIDER

Posted at 12:10 PM on August 27, 2012

You forgot to mention Russell’s Big Bye- Bye!!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:16 PM on August 27, 2012

I didn’t want to steal his whoooole interview ;)

Plus, all he said about Russell was that he definitely died. I feel like that was already assumed.

kingivvi

Posted at 12:35 AM on August 28, 2012

I disagree with the bill opinions here, He not only represents a heart among the heartless. He is the most calculating of the vampires. Which I’m still convinced from the show he simply fell victim to foreseen variables in his own plan to stop the authority.I simply would not b interested in a non bill trueblood. Out of the entire cast he is the one who is the most convincing to me.

Esw46

Posted at 12:14 AM on August 29, 2012

Bill has been bad since season 3 so for anyone to be amazed at him being bad is weird to me we have been seeing this coming for awhile. I am glad he is shown as he is; a manipulative, power mad vampire that only cares about Bill. Eric was the hero in the finale and has become the kind of vampire Bill always tried to proclaim he was but never really was; eric cares about his family and has loyalty to the people he loves and loves sookie uncoditionally and would never tell her she is an abomination like Bill told her. Bill or bilillith as he is being called is now a ferocious and evil demon vampire that with Warlow are the bad guys of the show. I don’t know if Eric and Sookie will get together next season because I think they will still be using Alcide as Quinn type but majority of the fans want to see them get together next season eventually so hopefully it will happen.