‘True Blood’ Season 6 Spoilers: Creator Talks Warlow, Billith & More

Mon, August 27, 2012 10:32am EST by 70 Comments
Courtesy of HBO

Alan Ball answers a few lingering questions from last night’s finale — and poses just as many new ones.

You’re probably experiencing a range of emotions following the fifth season finale of True Blood — I’m currently somewhere between confused and exhausted — but fortunately, HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site TVLine is here to ease our every anxiety! The site chatted with Alan Ball, who has officially handed showrunner duties over to co-executive producer Mark Hudis, about how the game-changing finale will affect the residents of Bon Temps as they head into season six.

Here are my five favorite nuggets from TVLine’s lengthy chat:

1. Billith: The only thing Alan can say with certainty about Bill (Stephen Moyer) is that he’s “more ferocious” than ever before. As for anything to do with his character in season six, Alan has the same questions we do: “Is he going to be evil? … Will he be able to revert back to Bill?”

2. Luna’s fate: Though Luna’s (Janina Gavankar) latest skin walk appeared to leave her lifeless on the floor of Authority HQ, Alan suggests we wait before planning her funeral. “We didn’t see her die,” he notes.

3. Hoyt’s (possible) return: He may be off in Alaska for now, but don’t expect Hoyt (Jim Parrack) to stay in the north forever. “I wanted to have the possibility for him to return,” Alan says about his decision to have Hoyt move away, rather than be killed.

4. Where’s Warlow? If you’re anything like me, you were probably annoyed that Warlow wasn’t even mentioned during the season’s final hour, but Alan insists that was done intentionally. “We didn’t want to really define Warlow until the next season,” he explains. When asked if we’ve already encountered that vampire, he simply answered, “No comment.”

5. Pam & Tara’s big kiss: You might want to spend the summer celebrating Pam (Kristin Bauer Van Straten) and Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) big kiss, because Alan says their happiness probably won’t last long. “You have to throw a monkey-wrench into [relationships on this show], because to have people be happy is not that exciting.” (Womp womp.)

OK, let’s talk about Alan’s season six teases: Do you want Bill to be saved, or should be forced to suffer the consequences of his decision? Any theories about Warlow’s true identity? And are you annoyed that there are already problems being planned for Pam and Tara? Drop me a comment with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

More True Blood:

1. ‘True Blood’ Season Finale Recap: A New Vampire God Is Born
  2. ‘True Blood’ Season Finale Scoop: Sookie & Eric’s Bloody Reunion
  3. ‘True Blood’ Recap: Sookie & Bill Wage War

Adam Dawn

Posted at 4:21 AM on June 9, 2013

Warlow is clearly part fae. It’s the only explanation as to why Sookie was able to see through his eyes, and how he’s able to do this other magic. He probably wants to continue/create a race of vampire-fae hybrids.

Also Bill was more than likely hired by Warlow to keep Sookie safe until he got out. I’m guessing he’ll be “3200″ so in every line his age is mentioned it will go up 500 years, because True Blood loves doing that.. like with Russell Edginton.. first he was 2,200, then he was 2,500, then he was 2,800, then he was 3,000. So by the end of season 6 Warlow should be at least 5000 years old.

Yoshii

Posted at 11:52 PM on April 20, 2013

Save Bill! Hated that they turned him evil! Love when he became king…especially cuz he was a bit jaded but he should go back to being good!!

julius

Posted at 10:49 AM on March 5, 2013

Let him suffer half of the next season for the decision he made then let him go back to the old Bill

James Edward Noble

Posted at 7:46 PM on February 23, 2013

let bill die, screw him

Minni3

Posted at 6:25 AM on February 22, 2013

Loving Bill as a bad dude, he is just so boring as a good guy. Eric as a good guy though, hmm still making my mind up. It’s a big jump from who he was in season 1.. For me, S5 the best yet. BTW, Alcide – hottest of hot. Freakin’ solar.

Kelly

Posted at 2:09 PM on February 19, 2013

In the books doesnt Eric and Sookie end up married? I know everyone want Bill to be saved and him and Sookie get back together but I dont think so I think too much has happened I dont think she will be able to forgive him.

Lana

Posted at 5:10 PM on April 6, 2013

Most people do not want Bill to end up with Sookie. Bill is awful. He should die and stay dead.

OreoLeCreme

Posted at 3:37 PM on February 15, 2013

Nooooo Pam and Tara forever ♥ Sookie, though irritating and just…ugh, Sookie and Eric. Jessica and Jason, go for it, though I’m angry at Jason and Jessica for hurting poor ol’ sweetheart Hoyt. I think if something happened to either Pam, Tara, Lafayette, or Eric, a loooot of people would be angry LOL So put them in the safety zone! As for Bill *sigh* Screw him. I’m not Sookie’s biggest fan, but he did her wrong, and not only that, but towards the end, he was trying to just kill everyone off, went crazy.

Meaghan

Posted at 12:43 AM on February 9, 2013

I want Bill to be saved, and I want him and Sookie back together. They are meant to be. I would love to see Jessica get through to Jason because I enjoyed them together too. I also would love more Pam and Eric scenes because I love their witty conversations.

Kim Bratten

Posted at 5:17 PM on January 9, 2013

In the promo pics Pam is missing which saddens me. I hope they don’t kill her off. I would like Sookie and Eric to stay together and Jessica and Jason to get back together.

K

Posted at 10:04 AM on January 9, 2013

Here’s a thought…what if Warlow turned Godric…? That’s why Nora knows about him…but then why wouldn’t Eric…

lm

Posted at 5:21 PM on February 25, 2013

Maybe Godric made Warlow after he released Eric, but before he released Nora. That way Nora would know, but Eric wouldn’t.

jk

Posted at 10:34 AM on December 27, 2012

only I think about Jason and Jessica? I love both and they should be together

Phillipa

Posted at 11:34 PM on December 30, 2012

I’m with you. Jess and Jason need to end up together *o* I’ll break into pieces if they don’t!

Aaron Bryan

Posted at 5:05 PM on December 20, 2012

Lets beef up the 6 th season and turn so okie into a vampire and then she can maybe read vampire minds and humans. Or maybe turn one of the shifters so they can be vampire and shift.i don’t think anyone of them is warlow. I don’t think he has been determined yet.deffinately turn Biilith back to himself by destroying the Lilith inside him but she only gets away to return later.

Callie

Posted at 8:55 PM on December 12, 2012

I honestly just want more Pam/Eric scenes. Those two really make the show for me when they’re together. Sookie seems to get more irritating as the show goes on which is a shame because I actually quite liked her in the first season. I’m just tired of so many guys falling for her constantly, it’s kind of dull and it’s getting to the point where I wonder why they even like her.

charismatrubie

Posted at 12:20 AM on December 2, 2012

I read the books and bill shouldn’t stay evil make him good again and put him and sookie

jk

Posted at 10:37 AM on December 27, 2012

I love Bill and Sookie, and I think Eric should be with Nora, they look soo good together. But I think they’ll put Sookie and Eric as a couple

Lana

Posted at 5:12 PM on April 6, 2013

Bill rapes Sookie in the books. They were never meant to last.

Linh

Posted at 6:41 AM on November 29, 2012

Eric never can be Warlow. Warlow is 3000 year old. Eric is 1000 year old. I hope Eric and Sookie not be together. I hope Billith will turn to Bill. I think Warlow is a friend of Nora. I think Nora has alot of mysteries. Who is she? I think Eric don’t knew about Warlow. I think maybe Nora knew about Warlow wen she still is a human. I think Nora is not a normal vamire.

Lena

Posted at 5:23 PM on November 14, 2012

I hope Bill meets the true death next season. He’s an abomination and should be exterminated.

Emma B UK

Posted at 3:22 PM on November 13, 2012

I hope to god bill goes back to normal, they cant keep him like that (i think it ruins the storyline) Warlow i think could be eric possibly? In a way its got to be someone she knows otherwise their isnt much point of a storyline for it…
We all knew that tara and pams relationship wasnt going to last, pam is a womaniser haha!
Hoyt is a really boring character if im honest, he had that thing with jess and that was it..
I doubt that luna will die, shes an important character and the only skinwalker in the show!

Bob

Posted at 8:39 PM on February 18, 2013

Warlow is not someone she knows. The character will be played by a new actor and it’s not certain it is a vampire. It may be some sort of vampire fairy hybrid.

Abc

Posted at 7:28 AM on November 13, 2012

Bill is warlow that’s why he had the family tree of the stack houses and all those files

Emma B UK

Posted at 3:24 PM on November 13, 2012

I dont think its him to be honest, dont forget that bill and eric knew each other years ago? He always wanted sookie when bill had her, could easily be him.

brooke

Posted at 6:20 PM on November 8, 2012

screw laurene and terry’s relationship up and leave pam and tara alone. theyv bn threw enuf crap. n let’s face it terry n laurine’s skit wasn’t watched anyway.don’t get me wrong tho, i luv terry

Jay

Posted at 7:47 PM on November 24, 2012

arlene* idiot

carro

Posted at 3:02 PM on November 7, 2012

I love True Blood but I think the fifth season was the worst. Bill needs to be saved, he´s my favourite character.

jk

Posted at 10:39 AM on December 27, 2012

Agree

Lana

Posted at 5:14 PM on April 6, 2013

Bill is the worst character on True Blood. That’s why he was made evil (well, more evil), to make him remotely interesting.

Azim Esmail

Posted at 3:19 AM on October 31, 2012

I think Eric or Bill is actually Warlow, or one of them knows who Warlow is. It all always comes down to hurting Sookie emotionally. So it has to at least do with one of them.

Adria

Posted at 1:43 PM on October 30, 2012

I thought the season had alot of mystery. I know everything being happy can be boring but some things you could have done is not kill jesus. I think him and la la could have done a lot more with the magic. And i hate that Godric got killed his character was so interesting everyone has a lot to say about his character he is so interesting everyone wants to know more about him. you should do a episode with just him and eric we all wanna know what he was like with him and eric and i think eric and sookie get together.

Emma B UK

Posted at 3:25 PM on November 13, 2012

I agree! They shouldnt of killed jesus! I cried when they killed him off, but no godric is a character that should of stayed in i think :/