Alan Ball answers a few lingering questions from last night’s finale — and poses just as many new ones.
You’re probably experiencing a range of emotions following the fifth season finale of True Blood — I’m currently somewhere between confused and exhausted — but fortunately, HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site TVLine is here to ease our every anxiety! The site chatted with Alan Ball, who has officially handed showrunner duties over to co-executive producer Mark Hudis, about how the game-changing finale will affect the residents of Bon Temps as they head into season six.
Here are my five favorite nuggets from TVLine’s lengthy chat:
1. Billith: The only thing Alan can say with certainty about Bill (Stephen Moyer) is that he’s “more ferocious” than ever before. As for anything to do with his character in season six, Alan has the same questions we do: “Is he going to be evil? … Will he be able to revert back to Bill?”
2. Luna’s fate: Though Luna’s (Janina Gavankar) latest skin walk appeared to leave her lifeless on the floor of Authority HQ, Alan suggests we wait before planning her funeral. “We didn’t see her die,” he notes.
3. Hoyt’s (possible) return: He may be off in Alaska for now, but don’t expect Hoyt (Jim Parrack) to stay in the north forever. “I wanted to have the possibility for him to return,” Alan says about his decision to have Hoyt move away, rather than be killed.
4. Where’s Warlow? If you’re anything like me, you were probably annoyed that Warlow wasn’t even mentioned during the season’s final hour, but Alan insists that was done intentionally. “We didn’t want to really define Warlow until the next season,” he explains. When asked if we’ve already encountered that vampire, he simply answered, “No comment.”
5. Pam & Tara’s big kiss: You might want to spend the summer celebrating Pam (Kristin Bauer Van Straten) and Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) big kiss, because Alan says their happiness probably won’t last long. “You have to throw a monkey-wrench into [relationships on this show], because to have people be happy is not that exciting.” (Womp womp.)
OK, let’s talk about Alan’s season six teases: Do you want Bill to be saved, or should be forced to suffer the consequences of his decision? Any theories about Warlow’s true identity? And are you annoyed that there are already problems being planned for Pam and Tara? Drop me a comment with your thoughts!
— Andy Swift
More True Blood: