Farrah Abraham’s Daughter Sophia Has Never Met Her Grandmother

Sat, August 25, 2012 9:00am EDT by 33 Comments
Farrah Abraham Arrested For DUI
FameFlynet

The ‘Teen Mom’ star had a troubled relationship with the father of her daughter Sophia, and now his mom is speaking out on her son’s behalf! Read what she has to day!

Farrah Abraham has painted very different pictures of her ex-boyfriend Derek Underwood — the father of her baby Sophia — throughout the four years since he was killed in a car accident.

The Teen Mom star had a tumultuous relationship with Sophia’s dad, which was witnessed through many of their screaming phone calls on her episode of 16 and Pregnant, but Farrah claims she still had love in her heart for her boyfriend.

“Derek was the father of the baby I was carrying inside me. He was my first love, my only true love. We hadn’t spoken in more than two months, but crazily I had still hoped we had a future together—me, him, and our baby, as one happy family,” she wrote in her book My Teenage Dream Ended.

However, she also admitted that she never told Derek he was the father of her baby. And in the years since his death, she has made accusations of him being thoughtless and immature — which has left Derek’s mother Stormie Clark furious.

“Derek loved Farrah,” Stormie told OK! Magazine. “He would have never laid a hand on her. They argued just like any normal teenage couple, but he was not the person that she is portraying him to be.”

Farrah remains estranged from his family, and Stormie hasn’t even seen her own granddaughter!

“This fued stems from when Farrah was dating Derek,” a source told the magazine. “She and Stormie did not get along, because according to his mother, Farrah was abusive to Derek and rude to his family.”

What do YOU think HollyMoms? Does Farrah really miss Derek, or did she just say so in her book for sympathy?

– Christina Stiehl

More Farrah Abraham news:

1. Farrah Abraham Releases Music Video For ‘The Sunshine State’
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham’s First Music Video Stars Baby Sophia
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Recap: Farrah Abraham Scares Off Boyfriend With Marriage Talk

natasha

Posted at 9:16 AM on December 22, 2012

Farrah is abusive to her own parents. I can see that she would have been abusive to her baby daddy. She is meanspirited and has issues. No we do not know the ends and outs of her relationship with the childs father but you can tell by her actions that they are true.

Mollie

Posted at 7:34 AM on December 3, 2012

Seriously…the reason she didnt get a spin-off show is because no one cares!!! She is a spoiled brat plain and simple and no one would watch a show featuring just her!! MTV knew that and thats why they gave it to Maci!!

Me

Posted at 9:16 AM on November 28, 2012

UGLY BABY SOPHIA. Her mothers twin

Melissa

Posted at 10:56 PM on October 23, 2012

First off, I do not like Farrah at all.
But Derek’s mother does not know the ins & outs of their relationship. People only know what they see… they don’t see what goes on behind closed doors. And so for her to say that he never would have laid a hand on Farrah and that she is making him out to be a bad person, is ridiculous. Why do mothers always think that their sons can do no wrong? That is what gives them that sense of entitlement in the first place.
And yes, people seem to forget that Derek’s mother kept her grandchild from receiving benefits and said that Derek never acknowledged her as his baby. Now she wants to claim Sophia as her grand-daughter and receive visitation? I wouldn’t be so quick to let her either

Marsha Michelle Beamon

Posted at 1:07 PM on October 16, 2012

Amen i said same thing she took away help for that baby her sons not here to help thats sad enough then u go an rip away any money that could take care of her WOW WHAT A “GRANDMA”!!!! Evil

Marsha Michelle Beamon

Posted at 1:02 PM on October 16, 2012

I think it was Very nasty that the SO CALLED GRANDMA MADE IT WERE SOPHIA COULDN’T RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY THE LADY WROTE SS AND SAID HER SON DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE SOPHIA WAS HIS !!!!! SO BEING EVIL she took money away from that child FARRAH IS DOING everything ALL by herself WITH NO HELP SO SHE SHOULD BE entitled TO HELP FROM SS FUNNY NOW THE WOMAN is GRANDMA WELL WOULDN’T that MEAN THEY ACKNOWLEDGE HER AS HIS CHILD???????? THAT WOMAN NEEDS TO MAKE SURE THAT BABY GIRL GETS HER MONEY DERRICK NOT HERE TO HELP SO LET SS HELP WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT???? Farrah i APPLAUD U FOR BEING STRONG AND TAKING AWESOME CARE OF SOPHIA WHEN U COULDNT EVEN Get HELP FROM DERRICK’S SIDE IT TAKES A STRONG PERSON TO DEAL WITH ALL THAT DRAMA KEEP YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH SOPHIA IS A DOLLBABY!!!!!

Tina45

Posted at 1:50 PM on October 4, 2012

I think Farah needst to respect her parents at all times no matter what their situaiton is. I bet when Sophia grows up she is going to disrepect her mother Farah just like she see’s how her mommy treats her grandparents.

Katrina

Posted at 2:43 AM on September 21, 2012

Farrah needs a smack in her horse mouth. How can her parents sleep at night knowing that they raised such a disrespectful jerkoff of a kid?! Even her baby Sophia is a brat. She calls her mother out at 3! That is one ugly baby. She looks dirty all the time with that mullet and pirhana teeth. And the pacifier. Shes an annoying baby. Theyre a mother daughter team from hell. What a waste of $ mtv

Mollie

Posted at 7:31 AM on December 3, 2012

Amen….her and her money make me sick…plus shes annoying as all hell !!! Never forget that episode where she tried to talk that other guy, cant remember his name, into committing to marrying her…he ran for the hills, smart guy!!!!

Laura

Posted at 5:59 PM on January 6, 2013

Katrina, you are the type of cold heartless waste of a human who murders children. How dare you make fun of the way a 3 year olds hair and teeth look are u serious?? I hope nobody ever makes fun of your children if or when u have any. Its inhumane

Katrina

Posted at 10:38 PM on January 6, 2013

Hey Laura, I murder children? This is new to me! Farrah is a NASTY person and her daughter is already a reflection of her. Farrahs mother, farrah and her sister are ALL whack jobs and you can see how her kid is already hitting, calling her mom names, whining and she’s a mess all the time. Not all children are messy brats. Its the mothers fault if they are no doubt. My children are neat and clean and VERY polite. I dont care how young she is, point is she IS ugly. Laura Im sure youve called someone ugly doesnt matter the age. Its a fact… So shut up and b gone

Michael

Posted at 9:21 PM on September 20, 2012

I’m the real Michael…

Ya because that’s believable.. Haha! If it really is you.. Shame on you for wasting your time posting this junk. You would think we would expect more from you.

TheAverIn

Posted at 9:59 PM on September 11, 2012

“I’m happy I chose not to touch him or get serious with some guy who seems controlling and clingy,” That’s pretty rich coming from the girl who was talking engagement after like a month of dating Daniel….Like most of the TM girls, she needs to stop worrying about whether or not there is a dick in between their legs and focus on their children and themselves. Farrah is dissrespectfull to her parents and every thing she says or laughs or is “Happy* sounds fake even when she crys she forces her tears

Brookcty

Posted at 4:28 AM on September 4, 2012

Didn’t Farrah move to Florida…. Where Grandparents have NO rights. Just leave the girl alone, if derreck’s mother wanted anything to do with Sophia then she shouldn’t of tried to deny her grandchild social security money. Swallow your pride lady and apologize to farrah. No matter what happened in the past you have to go through your granddaughters mother first, show some respect. Coming out talking trash won’t get you anywhere.

realhousewivesrealprofessor

Posted at 2:24 AM on September 4, 2012

This seems like a complicated family issue. Farrah obviously has her head in the clouds in regards to her life (focusing on plastic surgery and a music career over college, etc) but she does seem to really put her daughter first, most of the time. All young moms have struggles and difficulties; I can only imagine being in the public eye from such a young age! She does have a rotton attitude a lot of the time though, kinda like she think she’s already a famous celeb or something (I mean, I guess she IS, in a sense, but…)

Alondra

Posted at 8:37 PM on August 29, 2012

I think Farrah has her reasons to have a rude attitude towards some people & she is a great mom. If you really think about it, neither her own family or derek’s we’re there to support her during the hardest moments in her life. If she doesn’t appreciate the help of her own parents, it’s probably because she is holding on to a grude against them for not showing any emotional support whatsoever when she needed it the most.

Chuchu

Posted at 9:31 AM on August 28, 2012

You ever see how much of a b**** Farrah is to everyone! She won’t even get a real job n come on going to school for bartending!? That’s a real educational job to support ur daughter. She just likes the money n going out.

Sarah

Posted at 9:22 PM on August 27, 2012

Plain and simple, Farrah has a narcasistic personality—-the world is about her and how everything works for her. She has no cares for the people around her outside of what they can do for her and even when they do do things for her there is no appreciation but just criticism and control on her part.

Sarah

Posted at 5:59 PM on August 27, 2012

Abusive and rude are two behaviors that we have always seen from Farrah so I would believe this mother’s story as it totally fits Farrah’s patterns.

Heaven

Posted at 1:38 AM on August 26, 2012

Man her and her daughter are ugly!! Ugh!

jj

Posted at 7:14 PM on August 27, 2012

LOL

Michael

Posted at 9:03 AM on September 19, 2012

Heaven…or who ever you are “my daugther and granddaughter are beautiful”…yes this is from Micheal Farrah’s father

myview

Posted at 12:30 AM on June 5, 2013

Ummm…to the real ‘Micheal’ you did not spell your own name correctly.

Ashley

Posted at 9:26 PM on August 25, 2012

Just and fyi, his name is Derek. Not Derrick. You should probably get that right “Michael”

Extra Extra

Posted at 6:31 PM on August 25, 2012

Michael, Farrah’s dad, let me simplify it for you from a viewer’s perspective and an ex fan of Farrah’s; If Farrah had died in a car accident after she had given birth to Sophia, You and Your wife, as sophia’s grandparents, would want and fight with everything you had to legally get some visitation rights with your grand daughter. And if your other daughter had a chance to have Sophia, she would have taken her to you and your wife as well. The fact that you and your wife and Farrah cannot understand a mother’s grief is pretty disappointing and pathetic. Farrah is a selfish person in regards to Sophia. Farrah is using her daughter to hurt Derek’s family.

Plain and simple, Farrah and Derek both did and said things to each other to hurt each others feelings. Furthermore Michael, your wife is not the only person to be allowed to hold resentment about the way her child was treated, so does Derek’s mom! If Farrah was truly invested in Sophia’s best interests, she would not keep Derek’s mom from visiting with Sophia supervised or unsupervised. If Derek was alive, he would want his daughter to have a relationship with his mom.

In conclusion, Farrah gets paid well by MTV to have some of her life televised as a teen mom, and since she is a public figure now, she is entitled to the same amount of scrutiny as other public figures, so live with my opinions!! Again let me give you an example of your hypocrisy; Farrah didn’t have a problem when she was judging Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian via twitter.

I believe that Farrah plays for the cameras. Farrah enjoys being the victim, which in a way she is. But so is Derek’s mom. Farrah seems like she never takes responsibility for her actions, it’s always someone “else’s fault or their Loss”.

If Farrah is allowed to make mistakes, take responsibility for them, and learn from them, so are other people that are affected by her mistakes, that includes Derek’s mom.

Derek’s mom should extend an olive branch and so should Farrah, as that ultimately would be in the best interest for Sophia your beautiful grand daughter.

Attacking me, doesn’t change anything, all of you should try to be understanding and forgiving instead of holding onto resentments.

darcy white

Posted at 1:21 AM on August 26, 2012

has farrah ever stopped and watched one of the teen mom episodes? she is arrogant, extremely rude and just down right mean to all other people. she claims she feels that she is much older than she really is but the truth of the matter is she acts worse than any two year old. she needs some serious coimseling

Michael

Posted at 9:29 AM on August 28, 2012

EXTRA EXTRA I respect your option but I was defending my daughter …Farrah was not defending herself. And I dont put people down (Scott and Lourtney) or call people names – Farrah might have – I have have not. As for protecting Sophia from proven, documented, un stable people in her life, that HAS NOT gotten or is willing to get professional counseling (yes Debra, Farrah, and myself have and do) …I will never or our family allow Sophia to be placed in a postion or place where un stable people can harm her. Its not about resentment its about protecting Sophia. As for forgiving you talking to the wrong person….I’m said to be a very forgiving person case in point my forgiveness for Farrah for the trying times and sometimes lack of respect I have dealt with to help her through her post mortum and maturing and down right love for my daughter. I am a man of faith, yes a sinner too, but I have shown forgiveness rtepeatly people in my life….so again you dont know me to judgement me. I do wish you the best.

EXTRA EXTRA

Posted at 12:57 AM on August 29, 2012

Michael, your family has proven documented issues, that certainly paint you guys as unstable! How is it that you think that you can judge other people and state that they need therapy? Stormie is a mom that lost a son, and in return got a grand daughter that she is not able to have contact with. Sophia is Stormie’s only link to her son Derek and not being allowed to have contact with her has to be painful. Farrah is resentful, if she was not, she would have managed to at least allow supervised timed visitations for Stormie. A person of faith and a person with a heart learns to build bridges. One of you have to be the mature person about this, but it seems that Farrah is not going to be. She knows that she holds the cards with Sophia and she wants Stormie to either find a way to suck up to her, or she just enjoys Stormie’s pain. Don’t get me wrong, Stormie needs to be mature enough to swallow some pride, the same way your wife did when her and Farrah were involved in their scuffle (fight) but again, that bridge needs to be made. I’m not a person that judges anyone, but I do have my opinions. I usually base my opinions on facts that have been provided to the public. I wish you and all of your family the best; especially Sophia, she’s the one without her dad, and without a link to him.

ann

Posted at 7:03 PM on August 30, 2012

i disagree , if u remember correctly derek’s family denied paternity of the baby there for forcing farrah to hire an attorney to fight for the right to draw ss from her deseased father which is every childs right in the united states . how could they look at sophia and say she was not fathered by him , besides thats not how you do it any way a grandparent who cares will wait for test results that say she is not there grandchild , how dare her ask for visitation , if i was farrah i would have fought tooth and nail to keep my daughter away from her too. once damage is done you cant take it back or change it she messed it up and it was farrah’s job as a mom to protect sophia and she did . and yes i am a grandparent and from the begining loved him and cherished him and know that even getting madd at the parents you still have to keep your mouth shut or visitation being denied is a huge possibility you just cant shut out the grandchild until proven in a court of law that you are the biological grandparent , looks like you are persuing a relationship so you dont look bad , i would’nt trust that women with my turtle ! good for you farrah !

Michael

Posted at 5:45 PM on August 25, 2012

Extra Extra…..your a major nut case. I’m Farrah”s father Michael and you don’t have the Facts why Sophia has been “protected” from Stormie…and for those that k ea yes did see Sophia it was against want her mother Farrah desired and was behind her back she when a baby sitter let Stormie see her …. Which the police and state took care of the baby sitter. Sophia does see Jerry, Derrick’s father sometimes. He is a wonderful trusting person iu like “others” that took Farrah to court over this matter and Farrah won as the parent of Sophia for reasons a judge supported Farrah’s right to protect Sophia. Bottom line if you don’t have a the facts keep your opinion to yourself. And yes I am the real Michael

Extra Extra

Posted at 1:49 PM on August 25, 2012

I believe the grandmother. Farrah is just like her mother, they are both manipulative and vindictive. Farrah didn’t tell Derek about the pregnancy because she was angry with him and was plotting how she was going to go about throwing the pregnancy in his face.Farrah never expected that Derek would be involved in a fatal accident and she cries and cries because of her guilty feelings that she keeps to herself. Farrah knows that she should have handled things differently and feels that had she told Derek, he would have been alive as she knows he was in love with her and he would have been there for Sophia. Farrah knew that Derek loved her and that is why she was always playing games with him. Fortunately, for Sophia, she was able to get her dad’s social security. This is something that Farrah thinks she won, but it has nothing to do with Farrah, it’s all about Derek, he is Sophia’s guardian angel and he is watching over her. PERIOD!!

mac

Posted at 11:50 AM on August 25, 2012

I agree Cindy! Please also do more research before putting out a crap article. There are pics all over the internet of Stormie and Sophia together at some point in her life.

Cindy

Posted at 10:21 AM on August 25, 2012

Geez someone needs to learn how to spell before writing this story!