Taylor Swift Was Always Obsessed With Conor Kennedy’s Family

Thu, August 23, 2012 2:10pm EDT by 15 Comments
FameFlynet

Taylor is living out her ultimate fantasy — she’s finally getting in with the Kennedy family!

It’s always nice to like your boyfriend’s family, but Taylor Swift may like her boyfriend Conor Kennedy‘s family a little too much! Turns out, the 22-year-old country cutie has been infatuated by the iconic family for years and has spent countless hours reading novels and watching films about their lives.

“The only time in my life I have ever been star-struck was meeting Caroline and Ethel Kennedy,” Taylor admitted in an interview with Vogue.

“I got to spend the afternoon with Ethel a couple of weeks ago. She is one of my favorites because you look back at the pictures of her and Bobby, and they always look like they are having the most fun out of everybody. You know, eleven kids, all these exotic animals on their property,” she gushed, before sheepishly adding, “I’ve read a lot about them.”

Though it’s clear that Taylor clearly admires the political family, many wonder if the six-time Grammy winner is so intense about her two-month relationship because of her Kennedy obsession. “I have young girls and we had been to a few of her concerts,” Rory Kennedy, Connor’s Aunt, told ABC News. “I met with her at one of them, and she had read a ton of books about our family. She was inspired and wrote a song.”

Between touring the world and recording her latest studio album, Red, Taylor managed to read a 900-page novel about the Kennedy women. “I’m just so obsessed with the whole history of JFK and RFK,” she revealed to New Yorker Magazine last year. Not long after, she began collecting Kennedy memorabilia for her Nashville and Beverly Hills homes.

In January 2012, Taylor even flew to the Sundance Film Festival to be one of the first to see Ethel, Rory’s intimate documentary about her mother.

It’s clear that Taylor loves Conor’s family — let’s hope her feelings for him run just as deep!

Do you think that Taylor’s obsession with the the Kennedys is cute or creepy?

[Vogue]

Jennifer Kamm

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Taylor Swift News:

1. Taylor Swift: Becoming A Kennedy Is A ‘Fantasy’ Come True
  2. Taylor Swift Didn’t Buy A House Near The Kennedy Compound
  3. Taylor Swift & Conor Kennedy’s Romantic Visit To Nashville

StripAlicia

Posted at 6:30 PM on August 31, 2012

Sorry you couldn’t handle a REAL MAN Taylor.
Kind of sad when you settle for a little boy!
I really don’t see what is so good about this girl.
NO curves.
NO style.
NO talent.
What so ever…

Livvie

Posted at 11:26 AM on August 27, 2012

Well, she’s like nowadays beliebers , duh ! And maybe to date a Kennedy is on her bucket list? :)

Jasmine Dhillon

Posted at 6:54 AM on August 27, 2012

Why does she always were make up she always looks pretty without make up as well you know

bubba love sponge

Posted at 12:55 AM on August 27, 2012

taylor swift told MTV she endorses Romney and hopes her fans do also

justine

Posted at 4:45 PM on August 25, 2012

i think it’s okay to be interested in the kennedy family, i mean it is historical kinda, but to a certain degree it gets creepy. i mean she bought a cottage next to their estate. i just think taylor is bieng an overly obssessed girlfriend

mel

Posted at 3:29 PM on August 24, 2012

I agree Kelsi. Seems like she can’t write a decent skng anymore…not that she ever realy could. But it seems like they’re all about a boy or something now… Hey taytay! You’re not in high school anymore…grow up!

kelsi

Posted at 3:26 PM on August 24, 2012

Has anyone heard her new song? Something about “never getting back together”….? That is the worst song I tbink I’ve heard in a looooooong time…

kaley

Posted at 5:04 AM on August 24, 2012

She seems really “weird” a bit WITCH MANIAC so she could be that kind of girl!!

I Believe the Kennedys

Posted at 1:01 AM on August 24, 2012

I believe 100% that Taylor Swift would crash a Kennedy wedding. There is absolutely no reason for a Kennedy to lie about something like that – with their reputation, wouldn’t they admit to wanting her there? I know that Taylor Swift comes off as this greal role model but, out of all the young entertainers, she annoys me the most. She comes off as an incredible phony to me, her charity work notwithstanding.

I’ve never worried about any Kennedy but right now I’d say “Run, Conor, Run!”

@hollimodprobs

Posted at 8:01 PM on August 23, 2012

I heart Taylor but this is kind of creepy. I hope she’s not using him or just infatuated with the family history…

if you like cute clothes and cuter models follow @hollimodprobs (Hollister model problems) xx

Victoria McGuire

Posted at 4:47 PM on August 23, 2012

SH’E TRULY INTERESTED IN THE HISTORY OF THIS FASCINATING FAMILY SINCE FIRST BEING INTRODUCED TO THEM, THEN THEY MEETING WITH HER AGAIN ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS AS THEY LIKE HER.
IF A FAMILY THAT HUGE IN OUR HISTORY SHOWED AN INTEREST IN ME, I WOULD WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT THEM ALSO SO I COULD INTERACT INTELLEGENTLY WITH THEM.
SHE’S A LOVELY INTELLEGENT LADY AND I WISH HER MORE LUCK IN THIS NEWER PHASE OF HER LIFE.
I DON’T FOR ONE THING BELIEVE THAT HOG-WASH THAT SHE AND CONNER CRASHED A WEDDING. IT JUST WOULD NOT HAPPEN. MORE GRABAGE MEDIA TO SELL THEIR STUFF.

ezios2swifties

Posted at 8:30 AM on October 12, 2012

I think the problem of this mess is connor.Not Taylor.I want to know about the kennedy family too.

TOli

Posted at 4:25 PM on August 23, 2012

Does anyone find it odd that a 22 year old is dating a boy going in to his JUNIOR year of HIGH SCHOOL?!

Liz

Posted at 12:32 AM on August 24, 2012

YES! Thank you. I find it immensely creepy. She’s reminding me of Matthew McConaughey’s character in Dazed and Confused, ya know…hanging out by the high school picking up dates. Except we all know she’s just dating this one bc he’s a Kennedy and that is what makes it more creepy.

Kathleen

Posted at 3:52 PM on August 23, 2012

If it’s a book about real people, it’s non-fiction, and therefore not a novel. Novels are works of fiction.