‘Gossip Girl’ Season 6 Preview: Chuck & Blair Will Finally Be Back Together

Mon, August 20, 2012 4:11pm EST by 21 Comments
Courtesy of CW

Spotted: Chuck and Blair going all in on their undeniable love. Plus, another UES wedding on the way? And from the looks of the first preview — I think this might be the best season of ‘GG’ EVER! Read on for more details.

It’s official: Chuck and Blair are finally on the same page about their relationship — and that’s a beautiful thing. Fans (like myself) have suffered too much throughout their tumultuous romance to drag it on for the final season. I’m so thrilled that the show looks like it’s going to end with a chair-flavored bang!

And fortunately from the looks of the first preview clip of Gossip Girl‘s final season, Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester)  are ready to give their relationship a final chance! And fingers crossed, this one will last forever.

“I”m all in,” Blair says as she stares into Chuck’s dreamy eyes.

“My bet’s on us,” Chuck replies.

Squeal!! All I can say is this better not be a tricky trap. It all began with Chuck and Blair — and it will end with Chuck and Blair. I feel like the writers have finally listened to our laments and we’re finally going to get what we want!

Moving on, what we’ve also learned from this preview is that Serena (Blake Lively) and Barry Watson‘s character, Steven Spence, are in fact an item. But the question is: will she marry him? Are Chuck and Blair walking in to Serena’s WEDDING?

Ahh! October 8th can’t come soon enough! Watch the video and weigh in below!

XOXO

– Nicole Karlis

More Gossip Girl News:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Season 6 First Look: Chuck & Blair Reunited
  2. ‘Gossip Girl’ Season 6: Blair Drops A Bomb On Serena — Pic
  3. Alexa Chung To Guest Star On Final Season Of ‘Gossip Girl’

Hannah

Posted at 10:39 PM on October 4, 2012

ahhh, Chuck and Blair HAVE to get married, or at least appear to be heading that way! five years wasted on this show if they don’t! ahhh <3

Tracy Haven (@MrsDexterHaven)

Posted at 3:54 PM on August 22, 2012

Chuck and Blair forever and ever and ever!!!!

Ellie

Posted at 5:05 PM on August 21, 2012

Chuck and Blair! <3

Patty

Posted at 4:54 PM on August 21, 2012

Thank you Nicole! Here’s hoping Chuck and Blair get their happily ever after! They and the fans have earned it <33

emily

Posted at 4:38 PM on August 21, 2012

Thank you Nicole! S6 looks so good! Chuck and Blair again. :) So happy. As for Serena, I don’t think she’s marrying that guy. I think it’s supposed to be a gay wedding if I recall correctly.

Elizabeth

Posted at 3:53 PM on August 21, 2012

I’m confident we’ll get our Chairytale Nicole. :) The CW wouldn’t promote the losing ship! Plus Harry Winston promoted them last season. I’m betting on a CHAIR WEDDING in the finale :))

Lena

Posted at 3:46 PM on August 21, 2012

Ed and Leighton look so amazing in that promo. Awww! October 8th cannot come fast enough!!

Danielle

Posted at 3:06 PM on August 21, 2012

Thank you so much Nicole! Oh my heart when Blair said “I’m all in” and Chuck replied “I’m betting on us. ” We are finally getting our CHAIRYTALE!! :)

Brenda

Posted at 12:08 PM on August 21, 2012

Thank you for this post Nicole. Season 6 looks like it’s going to be good! I’m extremely excited as a Chuck and Blair fan :)

Danielle

Posted at 12:40 AM on August 21, 2012

So happy with the glimpses of CB in season 6 we have so far

Megan

Posted at 12:24 AM on August 21, 2012

Chuck and Blair need to be back together. Period. Love them and hope the writers give us a good send of this year.

May

Posted at 4:43 PM on August 20, 2012

Season 6 is going to be amazing! I am sure it will end with Chuck and Blair….like it should be! They carry the show and the only sad thing is we are getting only 10 episodes because of the huge failure that was S5. But I’ll be happy to see my GossipGirl’s OTP riding in the sunset together! Happyness is Chuck and Blair together forever!

Jane A. (@justamodernrock)

Posted at 4:41 PM on August 20, 2012

Home again, back where it all began. Love your love of Chuck and Blair, Nicole! I can’t wait to see them happy together again in S06. The waiting’s killing me, though. (And Serena wedding!? Seems pretty damn plausible/likey. Craaaazy.)

sarah l

Posted at 4:39 PM on August 20, 2012

I can’t wait for season 6 to get here. Finally I can look forward to watching again instead of dreading like last season.

teeting

Posted at 4:37 PM on August 20, 2012

can it just be October already?!?! I need my Chuck and Blair fix already.

Chris

Posted at 4:36 PM on August 20, 2012

“chair-flavored bang!” HELL YES WE WANTS IT!!! Love the article Nicole, and we do most definitely deserve this final season to be chock-full of Chair!!

Sarah

Posted at 4:36 PM on August 20, 2012

I’m excited for the new season!!. Chuck and Blair will be together and happy, finally!!. I’m sure that in the final episode of the series they are getting married!!.

WC

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 20, 2012

Chuck and Blair are all in and this season will be amazing! I can’t wait. I don’t think it’s Serena’s wedding, but I do think the NJBC (and Dan and Georgie) will think it is.

Sally (@filigree_apogee)

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 20, 2012

Yay! Can’t wait for October, need to see Chuck and Blair together for good. And yes Chuck’s eyes are dreamy!

Verena Cote

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 20, 2012

LOVE CHUCK AND BLAIR!!!

Lexie

Posted at 4:31 PM on August 20, 2012

I am with you, this better be Chuck and Blair finally getting back together! Season 5 was terrible so hopefully the writers get their act together