Robert Pattinson Wins Big At Box Office With ‘Cosmopolis’

Sun, August 19, 2012 6:25pm EST by 61 Comments
Robert Pattinson Cosmopolis
Courtesy of Entertainment One

RobFan

Posted at 1:54 AM on August 20, 2012

Way to go boy..I am so proud and happy for Rob..Keep going Rob..LOVE you So much..Always..
wish u all the Victory and happiness in life..

judith

Posted at 1:51 AM on August 20, 2012

After some thought, here’s what I think. Rob dropped some hints in NY.. re.’ needing a break’ and things ‘not being as people think ’. I think they are fed up with media hounding wherever they go and may have decided for Kristin to give her time out, and in manner suggested by foster in her article Rob may be the one to have rescued her.
I think rob and kris staged this to get time away to get out of spotlight, have time together, maybe to get married.. She may also be pregnant also, hence canceling next film. I think she’s over being hounded night and day and thought up this as a way also to bet back at her pursuers/paparazzi.
Just look at the photos.. in some they are laughing and looking at the camera.. I think this was a set –up by Rob, Kristen to buy them some time and they did not anticipate it would get such nasty response from people . It’s opened up a lot of issues re. media/privacy.. time to look at these things in a new light.

Joan

Posted at 2:07 AM on August 20, 2012

I agree!

ann bow

Posted at 6:43 AM on August 20, 2012

I have been thinking tho same thing since the beginning of all this mess

Derek37

Posted at 1:20 AM on August 20, 2012

Half of the posters on here sound like their slow

kaed

Posted at 12:30 AM on August 20, 2012

I like Robert but when he make this kind of movies like Bel Ami and now Cosmopolis fails at the box office in comparison with Water for elephants and Remember me that are romantic movies he attract more audiences.

kaed

Posted at 12:20 AM on August 20, 2012

I check the box office site and here are the results for this weekend The expendable 28.75 millions, The Bourne Legacy 17 millions, Paranorman 14.09 millions, Sparkle 12.0 millions, The life of Thimothy Green 10.9 millions and Cosmopolis 72k don’t see how it’s a winning @ the box office.

Sadie

Posted at 1:12 AM on August 20, 2012

The other movies are showing in multiple theaters across the United States, whereas, “Cosmopolis” is only showing in a limited number of theaters since it was an indie film. Since the first few showings were profitable, it will now be released in many more theaters throughout the U.S. Also, “Cosmopolis” was made on an extremely small budget, whereas all the others movies listed had huge multimillion dollar budgets.

Vicky

Posted at 11:48 PM on August 19, 2012

He can attribute the success to the amazing performance he gives in the film. People wanted to see this long before the scandal. Can’t wait until we have articles about Rob without mentioning that slut’s name.

Sadie

Posted at 1:14 AM on August 20, 2012

I so agree with you, Vicky!

Please...

Posted at 2:33 AM on August 20, 2012

And, the name Rob and the word Douche have now become synonimous: Thanks, D.B.

jackie

Posted at 11:38 PM on August 19, 2012

It still didn’t do as well as SWATH. Until it does and it probably won’t he should not get to cocky. What a stupid movie why would a Business want to get a hair cut on the other side of the city- surely there are hairdressers near his office.He does business and has sex in his car with a driver present. Only stupid people went to see it because they all felt sorry for Rob. I love Rob, I think he is fabulous but come one this movie is crap. I have seen the promos and it did nothing for me. Infact it was shown at only 1 theatre here in South Australia Australia where I live and it did not do well.It was shown well before Rob did his promo in NYC. It has gone now. I believe it has an over 18 rating because of the sex. Also SWATH is still being shown in the same theatre which has about 7 different theatres in one. It is still being shown in the local theatre in the suburb I live in and I have seen it about 4 times because I think it is a great movie. I even saw BD1 four times.It has been here since June. What does that tell you about both movies. Lets see how it does by the next weekend. Even the Dark Knight Rises is more exciting. I would imagine that BD2 will make more money than this film.
Yes Rob would have been a nobody if Kristen haven’t demanded he play Edward in Twilight. She has also given him the inspiration to write music again that is why she brought him the 2 guitars for Christmas.
If COSMOPOLIS budget was $19 million and it only makes about 5-6 million world wide.Do you really believe it will even make that much. How can you say that they are winning. Would they lose by about 13 million don’t you think it could lose even more if it doesn’t make 5-6 million.
Get a grip. People only went to see it because the felt sorry for Rob. Yes he is proud of it but he wouldn’t want people to go see it because of the cheating scandal and they feel sorry for him.

Things that make you go hmmm

Posted at 11:11 PM on August 19, 2012

David and Rob are proud of this movie no matter how much it makes!! He was fantastic in it !! Some people only know how to bring others down!! Some people can never win, no matter which way they go!! Who cares what other movies have made, not to mention you have be 18 and over to see it and also it’s an Indie movie not a blockbuster. Let’s not forget this movie is like no other, it’s not a swath movie which attracts all audiences!! Just give it a rest already, give praise when praise is due!!

winning

Posted at 10:09 PM on August 19, 2012

Cosmopolis budget was 19 million, and it will make 5-6 million worldwide. So yeah, they are winning.

Guest

Posted at 10:25 PM on August 19, 2012

Honey, we don’ know how much it will make, but it has already made more than 3 million in just two foreign countries. We will just have to wait and see.

winning

Posted at 10:37 PM on August 19, 2012

It will never make its budget back, so they will lose money. You can spin it how you want, but producers don’t like to lose money.

Robfan

Posted at 9:49 PM on August 19, 2012

Bravo! I did see the film on Friday. The showing was sold out. It was bizarrely brilliant. Robert Pattinson can act. Never seen anything like it.

invité

Posted at 9:03 PM on August 19, 2012

I think it’s the best perfomance of robert pattinson, I like his movies, but it is really good
it’s just a shame for this circus, it must he tempered his joy, t is a pity, for him and for info comparing a small film with a big as SW is ridiculous

ami

Posted at 8:47 PM on August 19, 2012

AMEN
thank you this has nothing idiot, he had his friends before
thank you rob for introducing me to your family, friends, and everything else
thank you kristen to have me humiliated
kristen thank you for the beautiful pictures I’ve seen you on the net
kristen thank you for all the taunts and insults of your fans that I suffered for three weeks
thank you thank you thank you kristen
so good this comment and so true!

lol

Posted at 8:43 PM on August 19, 2012

it’s a good movie ,indie movie not the SW ,
this is not a film for those who do not understand the film DC
you need a brain for that kind of movie and fans here are not intelligent, but haters who do not understand that the more insult and rob his films …. KS take over full face, because talking about films KS, they are not good, apart from SW and because of CH and not because of KS
you know that you are pathetic?
Now after a bit he places this film, it is limited
and yet it is good for a limited film room:
do not know what you find to break rob is so funny, I fed up with you!
please more more comments lol

LIAR

Posted at 8:24 PM on August 19, 2012

A Dangerous Method made $168k from 4 screens. Cosmpolis made $72k from 3. That is hardly a success. In fact I would say Cronenberg BOMBED with Pattinson at the head. But that’s cool, Rob still has rag sites to prop up his career. LMAO.

LIAR

Posted at 8:28 PM on August 19, 2012

In fact it’s almost a 50% drop per screen. JS.

Robfan

Posted at 9:52 PM on August 19, 2012

why so hostile? Not a Cronenberg fan? The film has great originality.

Guest

Posted at 10:30 PM on August 19, 2012

It made more per screen than any other movie showing. The final tall is what counts and the final tally fo Dangerous Method was just over five million.

Patricia

Posted at 12:09 AM on August 20, 2012

Liar is a good name for you, since you have so much venom to spew.

Posted at 8:14 PM on August 19, 2012

AMEN
thank you this has nothing idiot, he had his friends before
thank you rob for introducing me to your family, friends, and everything else
thank you kristen to have me humiliated
kristen thank you for the beautiful pictures I’ve seen you on the net
thank you thank you thank you kristen !!

hellokitty2142

Posted at 7:41 PM on August 19, 2012

I will not go see it…..but I will go see the expendables 2 because it looks like an awsome movie!! :D

so what

Posted at 7:38 PM on August 19, 2012

thank you kristen for having katherine casting rob in twilight
thank you kristen for choosing him as edward and making his fame
thank you kristen for having making him good looking
thank you kristen for having helping his british musician friends with their career as marcus bobby..SAM…..
thank you kristen for having people talking about his sister the pop singer
thank you kristen for having pushing him to do cosmopolis when he was afraid
seem it s thanksgiving

denice

Posted at 9:28 PM on August 19, 2012

@so what. love it. if it was not for kristen picking rob to play edward the world would never know who robert pattison was.

Guest

Posted at 10:32 PM on August 19, 2012

He was in a Harry Potter movie. Maybe Kristen got popular because of Rob in Twilight. I think most girls went to see that movie over and over again because of him and not Krsten.

Patricia

Posted at 12:04 AM on August 20, 2012

Hate to break it to you, but Rob is a wonderful actor who does the films that he knows is not going to be box office hits. Kstews last film OTR didn’t get nearly the response at Cannes that Cosmo did. Robs film takes a certain audience to understand it. It isn’t every Twiligbters ideal film for him, but he does a suburb job in it and deserves respect for doing it. I don’t believe any of you naysayers have Hollywood beating down your door, so lighten up.

RobFan

Posted at 2:16 AM on August 20, 2012

may be if it was not for Rob “TWILIGHt” won’t be “TWILIGHT”..today..(nd i m talking about the movie nt the book)
it is becoz of him the movie became so popular..
and don’t say that it is popular becoz the book already had a die hard fan base..u knw “The Hunger Games” books are also very popular..nd Jennifer L was really great in that movie..but have u seen the same craziness as “TWILIGHT”..No..becoz it does not have a Powerfull male Charecter as Rob..SO to those who Says that Rob wouldn’t be Rob if it was nt for kristen,listen..he got the role becoz he perfomed the best..becoz he was the Best Edward..and he is an Tremendously fine actor..He would have been successful..one way or another..

peg

Posted at 7:37 PM on August 19, 2012

Can you guys learn to write in English? It’s hard to make sense out of anything you say!

Twilight08

Posted at 9:06 PM on August 19, 2012

I must agree with Peg. The comments on this page are chopped. Broken english and the sentences. We want to read your views and comments but it “is” hard to do today. Please type slowly and proofread your comments before pressing the “post comment” button. Believe me I know, at times my keyboard sticks, letters are added or deleted automatically (spell check makes errors too) again we want to hear from you. :-) D. Justin

Emma

Posted at 7:35 PM on August 19, 2012

Sucks tht I’m under 18 :'( I would go c it just bcuz rob is in it

Oleg Krayushkin

Posted at 7:18 PM on August 19, 2012

The impression is that this whole scandal with Sanders was only ventured to raise fees Cosmopolis

il

Posted at 6:52 PM on August 19, 2012

rob and kristen should not have done it himself, he did not mom and dad in show biz
very very good movie,bravo ROB!

rob

Posted at 6:50 PM on August 19, 2012

c’om this is a good film, his performance was praised by many critics,
nothing to do with the scandal, that’s enough now, stop, I’m happy for him and other actors in the film,
no more rob insult if you want this dirty affair is forgotten.
it’s very a good movie..

aquarius64

Posted at 6:38 PM on August 19, 2012

Healthy b.o. b/c of scandal?

Ghazal sharifi

Posted at 6:36 PM on August 19, 2012

I love you very very lovly

cris

Posted at 6:34 PM on August 19, 2012

I’m disgusted of this guy, the movie is a bomb, because it would see??

STUPID FAT PIG

Posted at 6:47 PM on August 19, 2012

disgusted milking Robert Pattinson thank-you to Kristen stewart scandalous for you movie