‘Married To Jonas’ Recap: Pressure To Put Career Over Baby

Sun, August 19, 2012 10:31pm EDT by 14 Comments
Married To Jonas Premiere
Courtesy of E!

Tension ran high in the series premiere of ‘Married To Jonas.’ As the band of brothers discusses a new album and tour, the family must choose career over a baby for newlyweds Kevin and Danielle — at least for now.

Invasion of privacy, trying to impress your mother-in-law and pressures to put a hold on starting a family were all addressed in the first episode of ‘Married To Jonas’ on August 19. Ever since Kevin Jonas married Danielle in December 2009, everyone has been wondering — when is a baby coming?

Although Kevin started the episode by saying “I want a baby” before another dog, and Dani spilled about her childhood dreams of staring a family, those hopes were put on hold during an awkward dinner with the Jonas family.

Impressing The In-Laws

Dani is already nervous as the Jonas family arrives, since she is trying to impress the always-put-together Mrs. Jonas. “Kevin’s mom is so put together, I get nervous around her because I don’t want to say the wrong thing. I’m afraid I’m going to say something stupid!”

Dani enlisted the help of her mom and sister to prepare the meal for the Jonas family, but also made it known her own family could not stay to eat.

The (Awkward) Family Business Dinner

Trying to have a nice family dinner quickly turned awkward as the conversation steered toward the Jonas Brothers’ future career. The boys are back in the studio for the first time in over three years and planning on reuniting at Radio City in October and then touring oversees.

Although Joe Jonas asks when the couple is having a baby, Nick Jonas makes it clear the couple understands their timeline affects the entire family and the band’s future.

Although Papa Jonas says it’s important to put your wife first, the reality is that they need to re-focus on their career.

Dani’s Dreams Are Dashed

Dani is exhausted and upset after dinner, since she had no idea things were happening so fast and really doesn’t want to have a baby on the road. Dani feels like she never gets a say-so and that her dreams are being put on a back-burner.

Kevin insists that it’s time for the band to get back together in order for them to continue the lavish lifestyle they lead.

In the end, the couple decides to put having a family on hold.

“I don’t want to be pressured by anyone to have a baby because it’s too big of a decision. It’s just not feeling like the right time for us,” says Dani.

Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby

When the time does come, I’m sure it won’t be a problem — the episode was laced of Kevin making sexual jokes and trying to get Dani to spend his day off in bed with him! His purity ring days are definitely behind him!

As long as they can keep Dani’s father Bucky away, who lives so close he likes to walk to their house and drops in all the time, unannounced, they should be good to go!

What did you think of the first episode of Married To Jonas? Do you think the couple should put Kevin’s career ahead of a baby right now?  Let me know in the comments!

–Dory Larrabee

More Jonas Family News:

1. Kevin Jonas & Wife Danielle Are Waiting To Have Kids
  2. Kevin & Danielle Jonas Celebrate Their One Year Wedding Anniversary At Disney World! Pics!
  3. Joe Jonas: Taylor Swift’s Breakup Song Is ‘Not About Me’

Kelli

Posted at 4:10 PM on October 3, 2012

Everyone needs to let them plan thier own family. Poor kids. Obtw I’m starting a petition for a new reality show called Joe and Nick Jonas take showers. Produce that Seacrest. Lol

Setra

Posted at 10:18 PM on September 23, 2012

This was definitely an intense episode, from preparing a family dinner that Dani’s family helped with but was uninvited, to talking about career and starting a family. It’s crazy how their decision to start a family is a conversation that the whole extended family is a part of, way to put them on the spotlight and turn up the pressure. Hopefully they’ll work it all out soon. This episode gave me and my DISH coworkers plenty to talk about. Luckily I recorded it on my Hopper because when I played back the show I was able to start watching on my living room TV and then continue watching on any TV in my house right where I left off.

Ashley st Angelo

Posted at 8:15 PM on September 17, 2012

I can not believe people give Dani a hard time!!!! Dani I just got through watching the episode where you are doing a photo shoot, you need to stop worrying about what people think and STOP being critical on yourself…. You are a beautiful woman and Kevin is very blessed as well as you are to have each other ;)) I love watching Married to Jonas!!!! God Bless you

Setra

Posted at 8:39 PM on August 29, 2012

This episode did a great job at displaying the many dramas and influences of newlywed life. It looks like Dani and Kevin have their work cut out for them, balancing both families and the ideas their families have for them. This show gives my Dish coworkers and I a lot to talk about. This is why I was sure to record it on my Hopper. When I play back my recordings it allows me to start watching on my living room TV and continue where I left off on any TV in my house. I love the convenience of being able to watch and get work done.

JonasFansIran (@jonasfansiran)

Posted at 4:43 AM on August 20, 2012

It was great . I really wanted to know more about this family and all the characters are interesting I cant wait for the next Episode already . I totally felt Dani and that Boy Jokes was a bit shok to me but it was hilarious too :)) I just never thought that I see a day Nick and Joe and Kevin are throwing dirty jokes here and there LOL

Bebe yellow

Posted at 2:39 AM on August 20, 2012

damn their show isn’t that long, it’s a Nice show but Do the Jonas Brother know how to cook food I meant Kevin JOnas

rachel

Posted at 1:19 AM on August 20, 2012

Pretty awkward to me. Poor Danielle.

lee

Posted at 3:45 AM on August 20, 2012

Damn, that poor girl. Maybe it’s just the editing but that mom seems psycho controlling. Her “I’m impressed you made that” sounds like “I can’t believe you can do more than tie your own shoes!”.

JonasFansIran (@jonasfansiran)

Posted at 4:51 AM on August 20, 2012

LOL!!!She looks strict

brianna

Posted at 9:03 AM on August 20, 2012

totally Agree! i thought i was the only one that saw that that lady is just RUDE and DISREPECTFUL

brianna

Posted at 12:55 AM on August 20, 2012

I think the jonas family is controlling and crazy i did not like the show.

JonasFansIran (@jonasfansiran)

Posted at 4:49 AM on August 20, 2012

They are serious not controlling in my eyes and I liked the show I dont understand how could you not like it but I respect your opinion :)

Holly

Posted at 12:06 AM on August 20, 2012

I’m bummed that the show is only a half hour. I want it to be an hour long like KUWTK

JonasFansIran (@jonasfansiran)