‘Pretty Little Liars’ Casts Larisa Oleynik As Ezra’s Baby Mama

Fri, August 17, 2012 12:56pm EDT by 6 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

‘The Secret World of Alex Mack’ star is coming to Rosewood — along with another big surprise!

The expression on Larisa Oleynik‘s face in this picture is the exact same one I had when I found out she was going to be on Pretty Little Liars. The old-school Nickelodeon icon joins PLL for its Aug. 28 summer finale as Maggie, the estranged baby mama of Ezra Fitz (Ian Harding). Any guesses as to why she — and Aria (Lucy Hale) — look so surprised? Maybe Ezra is preparing to drop yet another bombshell.

To be fair, Larisa’s done quite a bit of TV since her Alex Mack days — she recently had recurring roles on Mad Men and Hawaii Five-O — but fans of classic ’90s television will always have a special place for her in their hearts.

Why do you think everyone looks so surprised in this picture from the season finale? Drop me a comment with your best theory about what else Ezra might have up his sleeve!

— Andy Swift

More Pretty Little Liars:

1. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Recap: The Girls Witness Maya’s Kidnapping
  2. A ‘Pretty Little’ Betrayal, A Tense ‘Degrassi’ Outing & More TV Scoop
  3. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Scoop: Did Paige Help Kill Alison?

Mary

Posted at 6:52 PM on August 19, 2012

Y r Aria and Maggie surprised?!?! Must he something BIG!!! :)

Froberger

Posted at 11:34 AM on August 18, 2012

This is sort of old news my friend, the pics have been out for like three or four days :-)

Even though I’m not thrilled about the plotline here, I can only second you in the notion that, as an Alex Mack fan, I’m rejoicing at having Larisa Oleynik once more on my TV (yes, she hasn’t dropped off the face of the Earth as you said, but it’s always nice to see her on a show), and I’m ready to love Maggie because of it! :-)

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:14 AM on August 21, 2012

The pics, but not the official casting news. And we’re not friends.

Disastrous

Posted at 12:34 AM on August 18, 2012

All I have to say is.. I really miss the Secret World Of Alex Mack.

RIO

Posted at 10:58 PM on August 17, 2012

I think maybe Maggie never “took care of it” and kept the baby as a single mom, so Ezra is a dad.. and they’ll have to deal with that? idk that might be an interesting twist!!

serena

Posted at 6:41 PM on August 17, 2012

Maybe they have been going out behind everyone backs!