While Rob keeps busy promoting his new movie, Kristen continues to spiral into a downward depression. HollywoodLife.com spoke with top relationship experts to find out what the 22-year-old star should do to lift herself up.
Does Kristen Stewart need a break from dating? Should she give up acting and Hollywood altogether? HollywoodLife.com spoke with two experts who gave us the scoop on what Kristen can do to save herself from going deeper.
1. “Kristen must get counseling so she can learn why she did what she did,” says therapist Dr. Gilda Carle, the 30-second therapist at Today.com.
2. “Right now, she should spend as much time as she can away from the media, the internet and everyone’s opinion of her,” relationship expert Cooper Lawrence tells us. “She also shouldn’t watch television or the news.”
3. “This is the perfect time to pick up a new hobby that she’s always wanted to try,” Dr. Carle suggests.
4. “Kristen needs to be with the people who care about her, such as her mother, family, and friends,” Lawrence says.
5. “She should make a list of all the things she learned from her relationship with Rob,” Dr. Carle tells us.
6. “Kristen needs to reach out to other celebrities who get it,” says Lawrence. “While your mom and friends unconditionally support you because they love you, they don’t know what it’s like to live the life of a celebrity. Jodie Foster has come out publicly, but who are some other celebrities she can go to privately?”
7. “At this point in her life, Kristen should avoid dating for a few months so she can get her balance as a newly single woman,” advises Dr. Carle.
8. “As hard as it may be, it’s important for Kristen to forgive herself,” Lawrence tells us. “She’s only 22! It’s normal to make mistakes like this at 22! So on some level, it’s OK.”
9. “Why not look for roles that expand her acting chops?,” Dr. Carle says.
10. “It wouldn’t be a bad idea for Kristen to step away from the Hollywood lifestyle and go to college,” says Lawrence. “Stars like Natalie Portman and Emma Watson took a break from the limelight to go a place where they can be young, expand their horizons beyond acting, and make mistakes that normal 22-year-olds make. It’s time to decompress and move on.”
More Rob and Kristen:
- The 10 Ways Robert Pattinson Can Heal His Broken Heart, Say Experts
- Robert Pattinson: Don’t Let Kristen Stewart’s Affair Ruin ‘Twilight’ For You
- Kristen Stewart Knew Robert Pattinson Wouldn’t Tolerate Cheating