‘Real World: Hollywood’ star Joey Kovar was found dead at a friend’s home near Chicago on August 17. In the weeks before his passing, Joey sent out a number of positive tweets, making his death that much more upsetting. Read on for more details.
“Joey was discovered by a female friend early this morning who noticed blood coming out of Joey’s ears and nose. The woman called 911 and authorities rushed to the scene where he was pronounced dead,” Joey’s rep tells TMZ.
Joey looked for help with cocaine and ecstasy addictions during his time on Celebrity Rehab. Joey also entered rehab halfway through his season on The Real World for alcohol and drugs, problems he admitted to struggling with for years.
In the past few weeks, Joey sent out a series of positive tweets that make his passing harder to bear. Here are 5 of Joey’s most recent tweets:
1. Fall seven times, stand up eight.
2. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
3. Take time to play! Ask for what you want. Laugh. Live loudly. Be avid. Learn a new thing. Be Yourself!
4. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
5. Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce.
Our thoughts are with Joey’s family and friends at this time.
— Christopher Rogers
More Tragic Celebrity Deaths: