‘Jane By Design’ Canceled By ABC Family

Fri, August 17, 2012 4:10pm EDT by 1,039 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

‘Jane By Design’ won’t return for a second season, ABC Family confirms.

It’s with much sadness that I report ABC Family has decided not to renew Jane By Design. The decision was announced Aug. 17, on the heels of several other series — BunheadsMelissa & JoeyBaby Daddy and Switched at Birth — receiving new season and back-order pickups.

The show’s first season ended with Jane (Erica Dasher) finally getting caught by boss Gray (Andie MacDowell) for being in high school, after spending the series posing as her adult assistant. She had also finally acknowledged her feelings for best-friend Billy (Nick Roux).

Several of the shows stars thanked fans for their support over Twitter:

“Thank you so much for everything!!!” Jane herself, Erica, tweeted. “It was incredible and you all are the best part of that experience. Love love love”

Rowly Dennis, who played hot-shot British design Jeremy, tweeted: “Sorry guys, no more Jane By Design.”

Bryan Dechart, who played Gray’s nephew Eli, tweeted: “You guys are incredible and we truly appreciate your support. Eli’s gone, I’m not. :-)”

Are you bummed about the end of Jane By Design? Vote below, then drop me a comment with your strongest reactions, fondest memories, and most effective coping mechanisms.

— Andy Swift

More on Jane By Design:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Season 2: A New Guy For Jane & More I Want To See
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Jane’s Secret Is Finally Exposed
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Billy’s Decision & 5 More Spoilers

Jessie

Posted at 11:17 AM on January 28, 2013

They should cancel the Secret Life of the American Teenager! It is overrated and we don’t need to watch it on television. I see it everyday happening in my own school with other irresponsible girls. I don’t need to watch an actress making money and getting media attention for playing that role.
Switched at Birth is fun to watch because of learning Sign Language, but contains repeating drama between the two families. It is very ease to predict what is going to happen next.
Jane by Design offered a connection between all of the young viewers. The relationship was easy to be drawn to from high school to adult world. Jane was inspiring to watch her succeed through her difficult obstacles. The series showed what is was like to work in a designer’s shoes, which is a dream job for most of the viewers. It was like we were growing with all of the characters.

Cindy

Posted at 11:02 AM on January 28, 2013

Come on everyone! We are the people, who loved this show. Let’s tell ABC FAmily network how much we really enjoyed Jane by Design!! =)

Ivona

Posted at 8:49 AM on January 28, 2013

oh noooooo :O I just found out about this and I’m devastated!!! Naaaww I’ll miss Jillyyyy :OO BRING JBD BACK PLEASEEEEEEEE :(

Nina

Posted at 2:17 PM on January 27, 2013

Many people wants Jane by Design to come back, especially me. I love watching Jane by Design, I don’t care about Pretty Little Liars or the Secrect Life of the American Teenager. Please bring Jane by Design back!!!!!!

Nceztar

Posted at 11:18 AM on January 27, 2013

Agree with alee. Saw a series contains not just only sex, it was a family series. Always come home early on Tuesday :) Love very much JBD ! Please give us season 2 and more :)

Jen

Posted at 12:10 AM on January 27, 2013

Please do not cancel the show. I love watching it! I want to see more!! It was such a cliffhanger! We need to see what happens with all their lives! Please don’t cancel it!!!!

BB

Posted at 12:14 PM on January 26, 2013

No season 2, this really SUCKS!

Sabrina

Posted at 8:28 PM on January 24, 2013

Ohhhh nooooo =( snif. I will miss my friend Jane so much!!!!!!!!!!!

alee

Posted at 2:39 PM on January 24, 2013

I agree with all of you. It’s EXTREMELY sad!!!!! Jane’s story is INSPIRING. Its sooooo beautiful to watch a show that doesnt involve 100% sex! This show make us believe that there are other interesting themes to talk about. I fall in love with this show, and like the others I want our show back. I wish there was someone that’s willing to make this happen. Im really sure it will give the same or even MORE ratings. i’m pretty sure everybody wants to know what will Jane do to keep her job. I really want to know the story she will make up so Gray dont notice she is in High School. And of course, I want to know what happens with Jane and Billy. I’m sure they love each other. Please, please give us another season the writer deserves it; it’s an AMAZING story.

hasee

Posted at 12:51 AM on January 24, 2013

The nine lives of chloe king now jane by design? Srsly. It’s so annoying when you fall in love with a tv series then finding out it has been cancelled after just one season.

Angiie

Posted at 12:10 AM on January 23, 2013

I am so sad about it :(
I dont understand how can people be so stupid and watch bunheads nobody cares about that freaking show its so borin to watch stupid little gurls ‘dancing’ while we wanna watch billy and janey first kiss and manking out . WE WANT OUR SHOW BACK :(

Paulette

Posted at 7:26 PM on January 22, 2013

NO…NO….NO!!!!!!. I am crushed with this news. I love this show. I look forward to this show every Tuesday. I am not a series person but, this show stole my heart. I love…love Jane and Billy. Please do bring it back!!!!

Miranda

Posted at 5:03 PM on January 22, 2013

really ? oh come on guys -.-” I want to see moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alice

Posted at 9:44 AM on January 22, 2013

i want to season two. I want to see jane be with billy

Kai

Posted at 11:08 PM on January 21, 2013

Boo! i wanna second season….i was looking forward to it

alexis

Posted at 8:19 PM on January 21, 2013

iam so sad

mademoisellechardon

Posted at 6:34 AM on January 22, 2013

Yes, I understood, just I can t belive it… It was a great show… :$ But if they did… :D Thank You so much! :D

Charlotte Varga Polyak

Posted at 5:25 PM on January 21, 2013

No pls. I can not belive this. Is it true? There is no 2nd season? :$ OMG. I will die! No no no noooo! :$ :’( Why?

maureen

Posted at 8:36 AM on January 21, 2013

am so sad that jane by design has been cancelled.but i hope it will be on the DVD…Am a great fan for the show…

annebells

Posted at 8:47 PM on January 20, 2013

my heart broke

Janne

Posted at 11:25 AM on January 20, 2013

I just found out right now there will not be a second season of Jane by Design – that SUCKS!!
I LOVE this series!!!!<3
Normally I´m most into british series (I´m from Denmark) and I was happy that there was finally an american series that I am looking forward to ALL week!
What are ABC´s reasons for this stupid decision??

Lexie

Posted at 11:13 PM on January 19, 2013

This suck I just saw Jane by Design on Netflix and was like well Pretty Little Liars is back where’s Jane and now I want to cry…. I didnt even no iI was that big of fan but then I just had to start thinking about Billy! :( I really like that show but what can you do…..

janebydesignfan

Posted at 10:55 PM on January 19, 2013

Aww I was really hoping for another season!!!!!! They already canceled my two other Tv shows y this one……:’-(

Gurl

Posted at 10:04 PM on January 18, 2013

I am so so so so sad there wont be another season! Things were just getting good. It ripped my heart out seeing it end there!

Celia Lampreia

Posted at 8:09 AM on January 18, 2013

Hi there, I“ve been waiting for the 2nd serie of this show , and now I`m very very frustated!!!!!!! It is not fair. Thought the prob was here in Portugal but now understood you`ll not do it at all. What a pitty !!!!!!!!!

Kayleigh

Posted at 1:19 AM on January 18, 2013

I wish they’d bring it back…maybe someday, i hope!!! :(

jenn

Posted at 4:07 PM on January 20, 2013

im nothing with jane by design, i really hoped for jane and billy to get together and so i guess we’ll never know. In my opinion they shouldn’t have cancelled the show with something like a kiss.