‘Jane By Design’ Canceled By ABC Family

Fri, August 17, 2012 4:10pm EDT by 1,037 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

‘Jane By Design’ won’t return for a second season, ABC Family confirms.

It’s with much sadness that I report ABC Family has decided not to renew Jane By Design. The decision was announced Aug. 17, on the heels of several other series — BunheadsMelissa & JoeyBaby Daddy and Switched at Birth — receiving new season and back-order pickups.

The show’s first season ended with Jane (Erica Dasher) finally getting caught by boss Gray (Andie MacDowell) for being in high school, after spending the series posing as her adult assistant. She had also finally acknowledged her feelings for best-friend Billy (Nick Roux).

Several of the shows stars thanked fans for their support over Twitter:

“Thank you so much for everything!!!” Jane herself, Erica, tweeted. “It was incredible and you all are the best part of that experience. Love love love”

Rowly Dennis, who played hot-shot British design Jeremy, tweeted: “Sorry guys, no more Jane By Design.”

Bryan Dechart, who played Gray’s nephew Eli, tweeted: “You guys are incredible and we truly appreciate your support. Eli’s gone, I’m not. :-)”

Are you bummed about the end of Jane By Design? Vote below, then drop me a comment with your strongest reactions, fondest memories, and most effective coping mechanisms.

— Andy Swift

More on Jane By Design:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Season 2: A New Guy For Jane & More I Want To See
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Jane’s Secret Is Finally Exposed
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Billy’s Decision & 5 More Spoilers

sandyra

Posted at 8:49 PM on November 26, 2012

please please please! bring jane back!! we need that perfect ending we’re all hoping for! how could you leave us hanging like that!!

hayleigh

Posted at 8:09 PM on November 26, 2012

No Fair Jane By Design should at least finish what they started! Or at least put on one more episode with like everything that happens next on it. Its completely messed up That ABC ( a very good tv show ) should stop Jane By Design. The People have spoken GIVE JANE BY DESIGN BACK TO TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!

Annabeth

Posted at 10:50 AM on November 26, 2012

Please please return jane by design for at least another season! at least give it a proper ending… one that it deserves, and not an unexpected one leaving the fans and the story hanging… cancelling jane by design… the BIGGEST mistake ABC family has ever made just saying. :(

dhanika

Posted at 12:46 AM on November 26, 2012

Please make the season 2, I love watching jane by design! It such an amazing film. Please please I need the season 2. :’( -@dhanikaasndn(indonesia)

Maple Purple

Posted at 8:42 AM on November 25, 2012

it’s a big mistake they didn’t make it to season 2. come on!

jailene luna

Posted at 1:13 PM on November 24, 2012

that is really messed up why dont u put it on another channel

Annabeth

Posted at 10:51 AM on November 26, 2012

exactly! agree 100 %

jennifer

Posted at 7:17 AM on November 24, 2012

Whyyy did they have to cancel itt :(

Kindra

Posted at 7:43 PM on November 23, 2012

WHAT?! All this time I’ve been waiting for the next episode, just to find out it’s cancelled?! REALLY!? Pleaaseeeee bring Jane By Design back!!! PLEASE! It’s such an Amazing show!!!! I NEED to know what happens! BRING IT BACK!!!!

natalia143

Posted at 5:35 PM on November 23, 2012

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh mmm well i’m from de spain and this serie comes to spain this summer well this serie is the best serie of the world! whit it i have a dream! dessing clothes*-* i really will in the future desing clothes and work to other company but abc cancelled the serie… mmmm please nooooooo … is my dream … janey and billy awww*-* is an amacing history because they are falling in love please abc don’t cancelles this serie because IS THE REALLY BEST SERIE FOR ADOLESCENTS OKEY? ……… 8( janeylove’syou

Ria Fisher

Posted at 4:19 AM on November 23, 2012

I’m both sad, mad & disillusioned with the network’s decision. They either don’t know who their consumers are and what they like or they simply don’t care. It makes no logical sense for a network to cancel a series that has a 97% positive/popularity rating. Good ratings are what networks are suppose to be aiming for… Striving for. So for them to cancel a highly rated series makes no business sense at all–other than the obvious (which is obvious); they’re simply NOT LISTENING to their audience/consumers–and are following their own agenda. This show is one that has a great substance platform that appealed to a diversified audience–which should delight the network. Jane by design is 10 times better than the majority of the shows that they’re resigning for another season… I for one would like an explanation from the network as to the reason for the cancellation (not just we’re sorry to inform you blow off). Those of us that FAITHFULLY watched the series have a right to know. We also have a right to sincerely request that they reconsider the decision and sign the series for another season– or good ratings simply don’t matter. If we matter as faithful viewers– then you the network will consider how we feel and respond with good business sense and bring Jane by Design back–CLEARLY THE RATINGS HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!!!

AMBER WILSON

Posted at 3:36 AM on November 23, 2012

Can you please give me an explination of why they cancelled the show

Mila

Posted at 6:43 PM on November 22, 2012

I was looking for more but I just found out they cancelled the show. I wont watch your show anymore! How stupid is this? uggghh

YOCHICK

Posted at 6:41 PM on November 22, 2012

Bring the show back!!!!!

Adrianna Hursey

Posted at 2:06 PM on November 22, 2012

Why!? I love Jane By Design! I was really looking forward to Jane and Billy to be together, and all the drama with Grey and Jane, like omg! I miss it so much, I hope in the next month you will soon realize it was a mistake to cancel this show. ~Adrianna

Kate

Posted at 8:40 AM on November 21, 2012

No! I really love this show even if im already in my mid 20s. Im very disappointed. Please give us the season 2 of jane by design.

ann

Posted at 6:38 AM on November 21, 2012

OMG JANE BY DESIGN MUST BE CONTINUE!!! I LOVE THAT SHOW SO MUCH. IT WAS MY FAVORITE TV SHOW! I WONT WATCH ALL OF THE ABC FAMILY AGAIN IF THERE IS NO JANE BY DESIGN 2! YOU KNOW WHAT? ALL MY FRIEND IN HIGH SCHOOL TALK ABOUT JANE BY DESIGN ALL THE TIME. WE ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED IF THERE IS NO MORE JANE Y DESIGN.

Diana Hernandez

Posted at 10:52 PM on November 20, 2012

Today I just finish watching Jane by Design I started to c it when it begun but I stop seeing it bc the wasn’t more episodes after the first ten. But I check if there were going to be more on abc family so I check n so I finish watching this series. This series is so awesome n so romantic n the thing is it has what all girls like fashion n cute boys. But it was the best I love it n the thing is I will love for the production of abc family to bring it back we all want Jane by Design back. So please reconsider it n bring it back to life. Please n all cast r the best.

Alyssa

Posted at 8:56 PM on November 20, 2012

Noo! I love it! I want to find out what happens!!

amber

Posted at 12:22 AM on November 20, 2012

No!!! why you cant… ABC family has made a big mistake!!! from all the shows why jane by design?

Lea

Posted at 1:39 AM on November 19, 2012

I love this show!! please don’t stop!!

Lise

Posted at 2:18 PM on November 18, 2012

That’s so sad! Why stop a show that obviously everyone loves!? Please rethink that decision!

kaaku

Posted at 5:39 AM on November 18, 2012

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY LOVE THIS SHOW
please don’t do this . it’s a really good show . why you guys have to cancellde it ?
i think a lot people also like it and you guys even didn’t give us the ending yet
this is not right !!!! I want the season 2 !!!!!!!!!

nikki

Posted at 10:47 PM on November 17, 2012

Omg this was my favorite show, this was the show I was waiting on for a second season.. why did you have to do this.!

Megan

Posted at 5:39 PM on November 17, 2012

They always cancel all the good shows!!!! Ugh. Stupid stupid stupid.

Genessis

Posted at 1:26 PM on November 16, 2012

I want Jane by design back! My goal future is I want to be design fashion since when open new Jane by design so I watch it I really love it I want it back!