‘Jane By Design’ Canceled By ABC Family

Fri, August 17, 2012 4:10pm EST by 1,069 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

‘Jane By Design’ won’t return for a second season, ABC Family confirms.

It’s with much sadness that I report ABC Family has decided not to renew Jane By Design. The decision was announced Aug. 17, on the heels of several other series — BunheadsMelissa & JoeyBaby Daddy and Switched at Birth — receiving new season and back-order pickups.

The show’s first season ended with Jane (Erica Dasher) finally getting caught by boss Gray (Andie MacDowell) for being in high school, after spending the series posing as her adult assistant. She had also finally acknowledged her feelings for best-friend Billy (Nick Roux).

Several of the shows stars thanked fans for their support over Twitter:

“Thank you so much for everything!!!” Jane herself, Erica, tweeted. “It was incredible and you all are the best part of that experience. Love love love”

Rowly Dennis, who played hot-shot British design Jeremy, tweeted: “Sorry guys, no more Jane By Design.”

Bryan Dechart, who played Gray’s nephew Eli, tweeted: “You guys are incredible and we truly appreciate your support. Eli’s gone, I’m not. :-)”

Are you bummed about the end of Jane By Design? Vote below, then drop me a comment with your strongest reactions, fondest memories, and most effective coping mechanisms.

— Andy Swift

More on Jane By Design:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Season 2: A New Guy For Jane & More I Want To See
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Jane’s Secret Is Finally Exposed
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Billy’s Decision & 5 More Spoilers

Alica

Posted at 9:47 PM on November 4, 2012

i love that show!!! they cant cancel it!! Noooo its not fair if they dont give us an ending! come on abc you can do better than that!!

lavina

Posted at 5:29 PM on November 4, 2012

I love jane by design I watch it every time it come on I been wating for it to come on and now I just saw it is not comining on that is not fair think about the people that who love that show bring it back on we need jane by design bring it back on.

Daniela

Posted at 1:11 PM on November 4, 2012

IT WAS REALLY AMAZING SHOW TO WATCH IS SO SAD. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Tammy

Posted at 7:07 AM on November 4, 2012

Was an awesome show .. Remember when Rita came when the bell rang and by the time she got to Ben .. she was a mess! It’s Sad Was really looking forward to Season 2..

Amanda

Posted at 6:45 AM on November 4, 2012

this is so sad, I reallyy loved the show so much!

Hannah

Posted at 1:18 AM on November 4, 2012

PLEASE bring it back! I loved watching the show! My friends and I always were so excited by the Billy/Jane drama and everything about the show. Get rid of bunheads(if it’s not already gone, which it should be) and bring back Jane!

Connie

Posted at 7:53 AM on November 3, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed watching Jane by Design together she liked the fashion by a girl and everything that went along with the fashion the show was clean fashion fun we were looking forward to the next season. Sad we won’t be able to see it now.

dreya

Posted at 9:45 PM on November 2, 2012

Please someone get it back i loved that show!!!

inna

Posted at 2:41 PM on November 2, 2012

i love that show so much. i wish there was more to it than only 18 episodes. :'(

Jj

Posted at 1:08 PM on November 2, 2012

you guys should try another season just watched it on netflix thought it was great!

Vamini

Posted at 9:29 AM on November 2, 2012

OMG jane by design was one of my favorite shows! it absolutely can not be canceled! so many people love it and it deff needs to get back on!

Rachelle

Posted at 2:49 AM on November 2, 2012

wow absolutely loved this show ! after catching up with the last few episodes i missed to just find out it was cancel really got me upset. needs to come back on !

Jean Rollins

Posted at 8:17 PM on October 31, 2012

I’m really getting tired of them cancelling all the clean shows that people can enjoy without having to deal with lots of language and questionable other things!

Jill

Posted at 6:44 PM on October 31, 2012

ABC family is stupid for stopping this show. The other shows that they picked up Melissa & Joey and Bunheads…really…just like Pretty Little Liars…worthless.

Kiara Marie

Posted at 1:41 PM on October 31, 2012

I love Jane By Design! And I can’t believe they seriously cancelled the show. I really was looking forward to see what would happen in the second season! I wish there was a way somehow we could bring it back. :(

Naz

Posted at 10:35 AM on October 31, 2012

I think we sld all jst write in to ABC Family ! :/

Karla

Posted at 11:49 PM on October 30, 2012

No this show cannot end. It was just getting so good.

Tasha

Posted at 8:50 PM on October 30, 2012

Bring it Back! I loved that show; it was way better then Bunheads and Baby Daddy…

celi

Posted at 2:17 PM on October 30, 2012

I just finish watching the 1st season of Jane by Desing and I was hopping so bad that the 2nd season was coming soon… Now i’m dying for it to come :,( Please bring it back.

Carole

Posted at 2:04 AM on October 30, 2012

I’ve just spent the past week watching the entire first season of Jane by Design, now I find out it’s cancelled. So sad to have a good show cancelled. It truly took you out of everyday life to something you could only dream about. Wish it was coming back. I will miss all of the characters.

VERONICA

Posted at 10:12 PM on October 29, 2012

I absolutely love Jane by Design!! i know its late but i would love for the show to come back. Jane by Design had many friends my friends and i would go to school discussing the show. And now that Jane by Design is cancelled FOREVER that won’t happen. I don’t get ABC family do they just test shows out. Like honestly of all things cancel Jane by Design why Bunheads i do not like BUNHEADS !! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Bring JANE BY DESIGN BACKK!!! THEY HAVEE FANS. I LOVE JANIE, BILLY, ELI, JEREMY, NICK and and pretty much all of the them! Its imperative to bring Jane by Design back.

Kyler Brinkley

Posted at 9:34 PM on October 29, 2012

Bring it back, Jane by Design is way better than Bunheads. ABC Family can still bring it back for Season 2. Just do it in 2013. I hate ABC Family for canceling this show. Yall are awful. ABC Family sucks for canceling this show.

Sarah

Posted at 3:51 PM on October 28, 2012

This is seriously my favorite show!!! And the fact that it’s canceled absolutely kills me:'( I don’t even have the words right now… Part of me just died.

Nina Arriola

Posted at 1:04 PM on October 28, 2012

I was really looking forward to the second season /: is there really no way to continue the show? :( ugh app upset just found out today.. Awh :( Me and my family really enjoy this show and its sad to watch it end :/

jessie

Posted at 12:15 AM on October 28, 2012

PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was my life well not really but yes it was its a reallllly good show. :(