Chris Brown ‘Feels Horrible’ After Rihanna’s Oprah Interview

Thu, August 16, 2012 8:43am EST by 35 Comments

Chris Brown has seen the preview video of Rihanna’s upcoming interview with Oprah, Aug. 19, and he ‘feels horrible’ because he and Rihanna are currently ‘more cool than anyone will know,’ a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively! Here’s why.

Chris Brown’s assault on Rihanna back in 2009 will once again be front and center in the media when Rihanna’s interview on Oprah’s Next Chapter airs this Sunday August 19.

During the interview, Rihanna confesses and cries to Oprah: “I lost my best friend. Everything I knew switched, switched in a night. And I couldn’t control that. It’s not easy to interpret on camera, not with the world watching.”

Rihanna says that she was very “hurt,” but that she didn’t like how the world turned on Chris.

“Because as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help,” she said. “And who’s going to help him? Nobody’s going to say he needs help, everybody’s going to say he’s a monster, without looking at the source. And I was more concerned about him.”

A source close to Chris tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively, “Chris saw the video clip. Of course he saw it, how do you think he feels? He feels horrible he did that.”

The source continues, “Watching [Rihanna’s interview with Oprah] made him realize he made a big mistake and he’s been paying for it ever since. He’s working hard, in the studio, dancing, doing everything he can to rebuild his name and career and I think he been successful in doing all that. Y’all should be talking about his road to recovery and how he’s been a man and made s–t right. He and Ri are cool, more cool than anyone will know. She forgave the [boy] the minute that s–t went down, so what that say about their relationship?”

Do YOU think Chris should be upset about Rihanna’s interview, HollywoodLifers?

[OWN]

– Christopher Rogers

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Chris and Rihanna:

1. Rihanna Talks Chris Brown’s Brutal Assault: ‘I Lost My Best Friend’
  2. Chris Brown Hopes Rihanna Doesn’t Talk Abuse Incident With Oprah
  3. Chris Brown Secretly Checks Rihanna Out On Twitter

Samke

Posted at 7:25 AM on November 27, 2014

#Respect to queen Ri….your morals n values I mean where did you get them? Stay beautiful and amazing! Shall the chance presents itself do give it another shot you and Chris were on fire and I am convinced there was love there!

Alliyah

Posted at 9:35 PM on January 21, 2013

who ever is saying rihanna needs to move on is simply childish. I am a fan of both if you were beat and someone was asking you about your whole life and that was brought u you would share so why are you guys saying shes wrong. she was saying she felt bad for him..You all are pathetic. If it was you it would be different

Nunya

Posted at 3:30 AM on September 18, 2012

This girl just needs to jump off already!

Shello P

Posted at 5:40 PM on August 20, 2012

I have a new appreciation for Rianna….I didnt like what went down between the two talents and last nite she was able to clear herself and add closure to Chris Brown. That was very respectful. Dont hold bad stuff when there were flaws on both sides. I always knew there were two sides to a story and whenever the one being banished the most doesnt get a fair shake, I tend to disbelieve or question the one doing the banishing. Thanks OPRAH we love you and you are the boss at getting the truth and adding perspective. Chris is the bomb and holds the potential to superstardom…..Rianna is super at her art. They might not be together now, but the late 20’s and 30’s are coming and who knows…

chianne

Posted at 5:52 PM on August 20, 2012

Well said my friend.

PB

Posted at 8:16 PM on August 21, 2012

I feel the same. Thanks for putting it in words.

Joseph Gittens, Jr: LPN.

Posted at 8:58 AM on August 20, 2012

I hope Rihanna will use her platform to bring people to Christ in the future. She is beautiful and talented. She needs to speak more of God, of the Bible, of Jesus Christ. She should not allow the media to continue to exploit situations to further agendas that are not in the best interests of family, love, etc. Clearly, she is a “party person” and that should be brought under control quickly. If it is not, that same “media” will be exploiting her for something else. In the USA more than any other place, men must be more careful in situations like that. Marriage, relationships, etc. are torn apart easier in the USA because of demonic forces that have moved into places of influence. May peace be with you, Rihanna.

Bianca

Posted at 1:23 PM on August 26, 2012

You lost me when you said Ri should start singing about christ. Did you take your meds today?

Marcus

Posted at 2:17 AM on August 20, 2012

Chris is great artist and so is Riri. They were young and both learned from their mistake. At end the figured it all out. Love em both as artist and respect them for their talent. She handle that interview real and keep it real. I like em for that. 1love!

Dinnyq

Posted at 12:03 AM on August 20, 2012

She said what most people say about their exes. Nothing out of the ordinary. It’s not uncommon to feel nostalgic about a major love. She cares about him as a person even if she’s with him. It’s obvious she’s got some kind of feelings for him still. I’m glad she’s found peace and that she and Chris are close friends again though. I absolutely LOVE what she said about how she wants her man to treat her. Rihanna’s self esteem has increased exponentially over the years. I’m proud of her, she’s come a LONG way since the incident. It’s not easy to be humiliated in front of the whole world and still bounce back. You can see she’s become stronger and more sure if herself now more than ever. I hope she finds the guy she’s dreaming of. She deserves it!

silky soul

Posted at 7:36 PM on August 23, 2012

I couldn’t agree more! I was proud of the fact that she continues to keep it real. I believe that’s what her fans respect the most about her. People are always saying she is a bad role model, and I am glad she addressed that, but in fact I think she is. I wished more people would be as open and honest and as real as she is.

Quiet_Storm_2_U (@Quiet_Storm_2_U)

Posted at 10:11 PM on August 19, 2012

I feel like if Rihanna REALLY loved Chris, she would NOT do ANY interviews about the situation and tried to help get him help

Mara

Posted at 2:07 PM on August 23, 2012

I agree

rmorgan

Posted at 6:49 PM on August 23, 2012

why should the victim be responsible for the abuser?

Chris Love

Posted at 8:30 PM on August 18, 2012

All of you are haters and judgemental people. chris brown made a mistake, and he’s sorry for that. if this was a white man, everything would be ok and her would get everyone’s sympathy. im tired of all of the mean things being said about chris brown. yes what he did was wrong, but he has tried to fix eveything, this society is really full of it, NO MATTER WHAT YOU PEOPLE SAY. Period.Point.Blank!!!

jema

Posted at 7:23 AM on August 18, 2012

i really dont think Chris brown will gain any sympathy after this interview . I\’m sure he knows it and rightly so he should go. He did leave a cut permanently on her lip and that cant be healed.
He was wrong yes but he continues to behave like a ignorant idiot and his ways are not nice at the best of times. Its best he remains in the Z list of celebrities.

Rihanna is a B list close to a A list celeb hanging around with Chris is not the right move for her she needs to distance herself from him completely

Kacey

Posted at 6:21 PM on August 18, 2012

Jema you’re right. If rihanna continues to be under his arm pit she is going to be a B to a J on the list of celebs.

Regal

Posted at 1:52 PM on August 20, 2012

She has forgiven Chris Brown…. She was the one that was violently beaten, yet you guys act like it’s something personal towards you. She grew and bounced back from the situation, so who is anyone to judge how she feels. It’s great that she has forgiven him for her sake and her healing. Many of you are probably in the same situation, but can’t get out of it, because you’re desperate, unforgiving and hopeless. You don’t know how to handle it maturely like she did. And what’s amazing, she so young. Who would think that after being through what she’s been through, she can be so concern about what the world would think of him. You guys to realize, what the media says is one thing, but who is Chris Brown really? He’s a person with feelings, that makes mistakes like us. SHE knew him, none of us do. She doesn’t see him as a monster, but we do, (I don’t). I agree with her, he needed help and he still does. I don’t agree with her getting back with him, at least not until he has matured and gotten the help he needs; but they should be friends without anyone judging them.

ukreporter1

Posted at 7:50 PM on August 20, 2012

You got the Listing wrong. Rihanna is most definitely an A lister and a Superstar whether you want to acknowledge that fact or not but is is simply FACT.

silky soul

Posted at 7:39 PM on August 23, 2012

ok, I was wondering about that A and B myself. A = Rihanna. Chris Brown did not make 53 million last year.

Viah

Posted at 11:30 AM on August 17, 2012

the Source is Full of ish

Reign

Posted at 9:18 PM on August 16, 2012

Soooooo, she has nothing else in her life to talk about that’s newsworthy? Oprah needs rating and Rihanna needs publicity so here we go again beating this young man down. Yes, he was wrong, he apologized for it and paid his debt. And we don’t know “everything” that happened, so let it go already. Oprah should be ashamed of herself for bringing this ‘ish back up for ratings. We’ve already been over this. Go interview Chad Johnson or how about the many white males that do the same thing but get to keep their jobs, sponsorships and so forth. Everybody loves to see a Black man paraded in the media in chains. They can’t make a mistake and be forgiven by anyone, really people. FORGIVE AND MOVE ON

chianne

Posted at 10:10 AM on August 17, 2012

Well said. Wish Rihanna could move on. We don’t even really know if Chris has moved on – or if he’s just trying hard to make it seem that way. But its their business.

NoFan

Posted at 8:05 PM on August 16, 2012

Pffft. ‘Chris Brown feels horrible after the interview’. Well boo hoo, cry me a river, violent thug.

Kacey

Posted at 6:26 PM on August 18, 2012

Your right NoFan. Chris brown your a big baby.Grow up and ruin someone else’s love life. Also Chris Brown you messed up in the membrain.

sarah

Posted at 2:06 AM on August 21, 2012

chris has come a long way. you shouldn’t be so quick to label and judge. he’s not perfect, but he’s done a lot to better himself- and after all he has gone through is short sighted and doesn’t consider the changes he has undergone in the past three and a half years since that incident that happened when he was still a teenager. he has been tested since then, and has sometimes failed, and sometimes succeeded- but he clearly has done a lot to keep himself out of the drama. i respect him for that, and wish him the best.

bebe

Posted at 1:34 PM on August 16, 2012

No matter what these two people are human beings. I never understand how someone, just because they hava a certain talent, is made to be a ‘role model’. Just because you can sing, dance, throw a ball, catch a ball etc. does not make you a role model. Rihanna and CB are two people who both came from broken homes with violence did anyone expect that EITHER of them would react any different then what they know? Money does automatically make a person perfect. I say leave the two of them alone and now since Rihanna has told her story to Oprah, the media of all media, there is no longer ever be a need for her to repeat it. Anyway, I am still rooting for the two of them to get back together; maybe when they are older and wiser…..

Brittany

Posted at 10:25 AM on August 16, 2012

Im so tired of this website.. everytime there is a story about someone of color they have to make up these quotes that use broken english and slang. It is really disrespectful to continually represent our ethnicity in that manner.There are plenty of educated african-americans who know how to use proper grammer.

gbtw

Posted at 7:05 PM on August 16, 2012

i’m sorry. if their sources talk like that, what are they supposed to do? misquote people to put it in proper english? if you don’t like the way people talk, take it up with the speaker, not the reporter. and most people with any sense know that there are plenty of educated black people and they don’t all talk in that slang. not to mention, just b/c someone uses that slang does not mean they are not educated or that they are stupid. it’s just a choice slang for some people. it seems like you’re the only one making judgments here. get over it and stop throwing cards when they aren’t warranted. it cheapens the times when they are warranted.

chianne

Posted at 7:13 PM on August 16, 2012

Please – do you really believe these ‘sources’ are real people? How does this gossip site have access to these Chris Brown insiders? Its fabricated, to feed the damn drama. And it IS a well-fed drama, I have to say. Its got ME sucked in!

Nada

Posted at 6:45 AM on August 20, 2012

Well said. I find it disrespectful and an insult to black people and I’m surprised that Hollywood life continue to do this. Please STOP it.

chianne

Posted at 10:20 AM on August 16, 2012

Rihanna may throw out some excuses and sympathy for Chris – ‘he needed help’ – but i think chris reeeeaaallllly wants it to go away and this interview will not help that. I think Chris is scared to even think about reuniting, and I think Rih will announce she is done too – even tho she’s been loving him to death on twitter. She said something to ‘shock’ Oprah – whatever, I hope its that she;s finally done, he’s a good guy, and she’s hoping the best for Chris and his groupie midget.

precious

Posted at 9:30 AM on August 16, 2012

Past is past everybody should just stop saying about it so that they will be able to get back together I’m using this opportunity to tell people to stop digging this out.

gbtw

Posted at 7:09 PM on August 16, 2012

^underdogs

shay

Posted at 10:45 PM on August 19, 2012

I watched the interview and frankly I found it to be quite authentic and raw. She kept it real….she still loves him…he was the love of her life regardless of what went down between them. The fact that she was able to backtrack to her dadsbehavior in order to move on past chris’s behavior says to me thatshe put thought into the situation. It also explains why she was going through men like tissue. She couldn’t engage emotionally..just physically. Now she needs to gofind a man who is going to take the time with her instead of the fools who are just trying to get with her to make a name for themselves.