Rihanna Cries Over Loving Chris Brown In New Oprah Interview

Wed, August 15, 2012 4:20pm EST by 12 Comments
Courtesy of OWN

In an extremely poignant moment Rihanna tells Oprah why Chris was not a monster, even thought he assaulted her — Watch the video below.

Rihanna can’t fight the tears when talking about Chris Brown. The singer sat down with Oprah for her show Oprah’s Next Chapter on OWN, and told the Queen of daytime talk that Chris is not a monster.

“I lost my best friend,” she said. “Everything I knew switched, switched in a night. And I couldn’t control that. It’s not easy to interpret on camera, not with the world watching.”

But Rihanna says that she was very “hurt” but that she didn’t like how the world turned on Chris.

“Because as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help,” she said. “And who’s going to help him? Nobody’s going to say he needs help, everybody’s going to say he’s a monster, without looking at the source. And I was more concerned about him.”

Tune in Aug. 19 to Oprah’s Next Chapter at 9PM ET on OWN.

[OWN]

— Chloe Melas

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Chris and Rihanna:

1. Rihanna Talks Chris Brown’s Brutal Assault: ‘I Lost My Best Friend’
  2. Chris Brown Hopes Rihanna Doesn’t Talk Abuse Incident With Oprah
  3. Chris Brown Secretly Checks Rihanna Out On Twitter

Steve

Posted at 6:58 PM on August 16, 2012

This just goes to show you how really dumb women are!! A man can beat her, cheat on her, and treat her like an animal! But if she is in love with him, that is all that matter to her! And do you really have to wonder why men doesn’t have any respect for women these days? It’s because women don’t have any respect for themselves with their dumb azzes!! Ya i said it, and I tried of meeting you dumb women who you have let men treat you like crap and now I you want me to deal with something your are to damn stupid to let go, that was completely your fought for spreading your legs open to that bum in the first place!! Learn to keep you damn legs closed and check a guy out first!! Damn how hard can that be? Because you know once you lay down with him and/or fall in love with him, he could be a damn child molester and you dumb azz will stay with him!! Man I don’t understand how people can not love themselves that damn much to let someone treat them like s**t and they stay with them!! It’s sickening! Women let’s things go!! Life goes on, what the hell are you hanging on the the past for?? ITS OVER, LET IT GO DUMB AZZ!!

cuckoo

Posted at 6:22 AM on August 16, 2012

I hope this is the last time Rihanna speaks about this in public, the media needs to let both of them get on with their lives. I don’t understand why someone like Roman Polanski is being lauded as a genius despite what he did to that 13 year old child, and Chris Brown is still being dragged over the coals by the media.

Liyouez B

Posted at 5:02 AM on August 16, 2012

@ this Piont who know where her Relationship stand With Chris Brown as today

Liyouez B

Posted at 5:00 AM on August 16, 2012

@ MEL U Right about that. @ this Piont who know where her Relationship stand With Chris Brown

Mel

Posted at 12:13 AM on August 16, 2012

I honestly think that unless she wants her feelings out in the open like she’s doing now, then we have no right to judge. Nobody was there except her and Chris Brown the night all that stuff went down, so whatever paparazzi is saying about them and whatever could always be the skewed version of what really happened. I’m not saying what Chris did was right. It wasn’t at all, but behind every situation is a story nobody truely knows.

Kai

Posted at 9:25 PM on August 15, 2012

I feel terrible for Rihanna.She has been through so much bcuz of Chris.

Katie

Posted at 8:19 PM on August 15, 2012

Sometimes you can actually be addicted to the drama. Chances are there was always drama of some kind in that relationship and closure doesnt come overnite.

New York Girl

Posted at 5:23 PM on August 15, 2012

We’ll see

ayasha

Posted at 5:23 PM on August 15, 2012

Wow ….this is hard! Riri really loves CB

Drew

Posted at 6:54 PM on August 15, 2012

no shes just got battered woman syndrome where she thinks its her fault she got beat up. she needs to find a better man and forget about him. hes nowhere near as good as she has made him up to be in her head. women are always liking losers and drug dealers and abusers and ignore real men.

Ashley

Posted at 11:05 PM on August 15, 2012

Hahah I agree with that ;D

Chrissy

Posted at 11:24 PM on August 15, 2012

The world is small Drew and I believe that abusers are hurt people that need to deal with their own issues; they should not be discounted, but they need to be put in their place most definitely. I believe Rihanna’s feelings are real and in spite of the “battered woman syndrome” excuse, I still believe it takes two to tango. They both had a role to play in what came about and they should both regret their own mistakes and take the proper action to correct it if they both really love each other. They were both young when it happened; everything changes; nothing stays the same forever…