‘Teen Mom’ Tyler Baltierra: I ‘Regret’ Putting Carly Up For Adoption

Wed, August 15, 2012 5:55pm EDT by 18 Comments
Courtesy of MTV

In a new preview for the final episodes of ‘Teen Mom’, Tyler reveals he has regrets about giving his daughter Carly up for adoption.

In one of the most heartbreaking episodes of 16 & PregnantCatelynn Lowell and her fiance Tyler Baltierra made the difficult decision to put their daughter Carly up for adoption.

Throughout the series, we’ve watched Catelynn and Tyler struggle with the decision they made to let another family raise their daughter.

In a preview for the final two episodes of Teen Mom, Catelynn bravely asks Tyler is he thought it was the right decision to put their daughter up for adoption.

“I would lie to you if I said I didn’t regret it sometimes,” Tyler emotionally confesses. “I was literally petrified about being the sh—y dad that my dad was.”

HollyMoms, do YOU think Catelynn and Tyler made the right decision? Vote below!

– Jenny Pickard

More Teen Mom News:

1. Are ‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans & Kieffer Delp Engaged?
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Catelynn Lowell: I Want To Adopt My Brother
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Recap: Farrah Abraham Scares Off Boyfriend With Marriage Talk

Nikki

Posted at 1:45 AM on August 31, 2012

I was sickened when I saw that thing, Tyler, abusing the dog as he did. The dog barked and he yelled, the dog was playing and he yelled. The worst part was when the dog had an accident in the house and he beat the dog and threw him outside. If these people from this show let him get away with this then they are just as sick as he is. He is not suitable to take care of a goldfish let alone a child or any other animal. I dedicate my life to protecting animals from crap like that. I will not give up until those dogs are removed from that crazy person’s house and safe. It is just a matter of time before he beats his fiance. Shame on MTV for showing this garbage and hopefully they do something about removing those dogs.

Ashley

Posted at 5:49 PM on September 12, 2012

I just saw the episode last night and haven’t been able to stop thinking about those dogs. I am trying to find a way to contact MTV and I can’t believe the people taping the show did NOTHING about it. You do not treat any animal like that and to publically show it on TV like it is ok is awful. I think everyone needs to write them and complain so something is done. I was in tears over the episode knowing that those dogs were living in that type of situation and MTV is not doing anything about it. They are going to lose a lot of viewers, me included.

rhonda

Posted at 1:42 PM on October 3, 2012

Tyler felt bad after he did it. He just hollered at them and my dog is my baby and i forgive tyler.

Alyssa

Posted at 12:12 AM on August 29, 2012

Im glad sumone brought that up. I mean it is getting off topic but this actually is an important matter. Thousands if animals die because there abused or. Neglected and yes what tyler did was a form of animal cruelty and honestly i do hope some pursues this matter and makes him pay for what he did. Yes it wasnt an extrem case but that not the way anyone should be treated and animals do feel the same emotions we do. If it was a child in the place of a dog everyone would be outraged well this animal is defenceless and depends on catelynn and tyler. I was also sick to my stomach when this aired. To some peole it means more than others and to those that understand it was a very poor action on his behalf i do prey that someone pursues this and he gets punished

Lisa

Posted at 12:03 AM on August 29, 2012

I understand how tyler feels but when i saw that episode of the finale i did tear up because if broke my heart seeing how the puppy got treated. Just because hes an animal doesnt mean they dont feel scared when u come up to them yelling and then throw them out i didnt even finish watching the show because i was pissed off after that. I really am dissappointed in his actions. And this being aired on tv and no one said anything about it was also horrible. I dedicate my time volunteering at animal shelters fund raisers to help animals adoption days at pet stores and give 2000 dollars a year to organizations and humane society. And no kill shelters. It always starts like this you use foul language and yell at them then they get abused. This is a form of animal cruelty what he did to the poor animal

Jason

Posted at 11:52 PM on August 28, 2012

I liked them to until that ma girl ran out of the room crying because she was so angry and upset about how the dog was treated (shes a big animal lover) we just turned off the tv after that.

Mike

Posted at 11:49 PM on August 28, 2012

They did the right and mature thing and they were looking out for their daughter but i also agree that he should have not been so cruel with that dog you cus at a dog and then u hit them that really wasnt cool. My little 5 year old loves dogs and saw that how he thru the dog outside and she was crying saying we need to go save him hes gonna hurt him. Dont have pets if ur going to be rude to them

Jen

Posted at 11:45 PM on August 28, 2012

Saw the finale and i like tyler and catelynn until i saw how tyler treated there pet dog and i wanted to throw up i was so mad to see how he handled that he needs anger management because all that anger he had he took out on the dog and thats no excuse for treating an animal that way

Kats

Posted at 10:28 AM on August 28, 2012

I often think they were mature enough to do it. Then I realize that a great deal of their maturity came from deciding to give her up for adoption. I know they would have been better parents than Farrah. Now there is someone who should not be raising a child now. She is a mess.

I think ai also would have rooted for Tyler and Catelynn raising Carly because I do not care for Brandon and Tereasa. There is just something about them that seems off. They can care for Carly and love her, I know.

Regina

Posted at 9:37 AM on August 22, 2012

My mom was a young Mom and she kept me and I’m so Glad she did.
We are very close and now she is older and I’m getting the chance to take care
of her now.
I’m just so proud of my Mom and Love her for not giving me up.
I know it was hard but we made it.

Ari

Posted at 5:50 PM on August 17, 2012

Can you imagine raising a child in their train wreck of a family? Carly is so much better off with stable parents who can tend to her needs and not justndodgenthe falling debris of the grandparents. I imagine that all birth parents will have regrets but hope Tyler finds peace with his decision.

cathybell09@yahoo.com

Posted at 10:16 PM on August 15, 2012

I think they could of made it with a baby with Tylers mom. She seemed she would of helped them out with the baby. Then again maybe not.

chelsea

Posted at 7:50 AM on August 17, 2012

i think they could of made it with a baby with tylers mom . she seemed she would of helped them out with the baby . then again maybe not

girlgotstyle

Posted at 9:13 PM on August 15, 2012

I think out of all of the couples on the show, they have the most common sense and seem genuinely kind to each other. I think they will make great parents when they’re older. How could you not have regrets? Unless you were completely emotionless giving up a baby would be heartbreaking no matter the circumstance.

Kelly

Posted at 7:27 PM on August 15, 2012

I think he and Catelyn absolutely made the right and brave decision. Brandon & Theresa seem like they just adore Carly, she seems so happy, and Cate & Tyler can break the cycle of their parents, get done with college, and start great careers. They will have a family one day, but the difference is they will have all their stuff together and can be strong parents for their children. I can’t imagine Carly being in the picture with Butch around. It would be heartbreaking!

Cheryl

Posted at 6:52 PM on August 15, 2012

I honestly think he will always have a kind of”what if” mentality over it,and that he will always wonder if he and Catelynn could have done it.

jessie

Posted at 6:36 PM on August 15, 2012

He only regrets it for himself. Meanwhile, the girl might actually have a chance to be in a more deserving family that could raise her right and financially afford her.

Sam

Posted at 1:22 AM on August 16, 2012

“More deserving family” – that sounds harsh and uncalled for.