‘Teen Mom’ Catelynn Lowell: I Want To Adopt My Brother

Wed, August 15, 2012 2:17pm EDT by 11 Comments
Twitter

Viewers at home have witnessed Catelynn’s tumultuous home life with her addict mother on ‘Teen Mom’. Now, Catelynn is stepping in to help her younger brother avoid the difficult childhood she endured.

At the young age of 6, Catelynn Lowell had to take on the role of caretaker for her alcoholic mother April Baltierra. “I would put pillows underneath her head while she was passed out at the table,” Catelynn recalled to In Touch. “I pretty much saw my mom drunk almost every day. I had to grow up really fast.”

Although April claims she is sober now and working on getting her life together, Catelynn is cautious of her mother’s behavior.”If my mom derails again,” Catelynn told In Touch. “I will step in and adopt my brother.”

Catelynn’s younger brother Nicholas is six years old — the same age Catelynn was when she was forced to take care of her alcoholic mother.

“He’s my little brother — I don’t want him to grow up with the same stuff I grew up with.”

“I know that my mom loves her children,” Catelynn explained. “But when it comes to addict parents, sometimes they love their drugs more than they love their children.”

So, how does Catelynn’s fiance Tyler Baltierra feel about adopting Nick?

“Tyler is totally for it,” she said. “I’m not gonna let my brother get harmed and we wouldn’t let him go to foster care if things get crazy. He would come and live with us. If I noticed him being neglected, I would step in — no question.”

HollyMoms, do YOU think Catelynn should adopt her brother? Vote below!

– Jenny Pickard

More Teen Mom News:

1. ‘Teen Mom’ Recap: Farrah Abraham Scares Off Boyfriend With Marriage Talk
  2. Farrah Abraham: ‘All I Could Think About Was Killing Myself’
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Recap: Tyler Baltierra’s Dad ‘Loves Cocaine More Than Anything’

bigfun

Posted at 11:12 AM on May 1, 2013

Catelynn was always the leave headed 1 on the show and not to say the most beautiful and sexiest 1 at that Tyler is a lucky man he has a woman with curves that can accidents in more ways then 1 stay with her tyler

KATINA

Posted at 10:27 AM on October 12, 2012

i’ll agree with you 100% catelynn i think you should get your brother that will help you and tyler out alot and most parents that are on drugs..love there drugs more then there on kids so i think you and tyler is doing the right thing and i say go for it. i think your mom don’t dersevre your little brother i watch you all the time and i think she is meaner than hell to you if she is mean to you she is going to be mean to your little brother….i love you catelynn and tyler i’m by your side 100%

reiqu

Posted at 10:29 PM on August 29, 2012

I think that Catelynn and Tyler would be good for Nick, it’s easy to see that Catelynn loves him very much. April needs to get it together for him. She has a lot more parenting years left. Also, I think Catelynn and Tyler are good people and that he was just going through a hard time. I know how he feels living with a dad who you have to take care of and worry about all the time, its a lot of stress on a person. At least he recognized the problem and sought help.

Dave

Posted at 11:37 PM on August 28, 2012

I do agree he did not handle that situation well i cant believe that aired and nobody said anything about it. That made me sick to my stomach seeing that horrible behavior towards that pup

Jessica

Posted at 11:33 PM on August 28, 2012

That really made me mad to see how he picked that dog up and then throws him outside and tells him to go. Wtf is his problem just bekuz ur made does not mean u have to take it out on the animal. They should not be allowed to have pets because of that because its true u yell at them then u cus at them and them u hit them. If he cant control his temper with the dog how is he going to control him self when the little boy gets into trouble.

Mary

Posted at 11:28 PM on August 28, 2012

I know omgi juss saw dat nd i was pissed sum1 plzz take that poor animal away from him. If ur pissed offcussing at a dog the next thing that happens is u beat them. I do hope sumbody is watchin out for tht lil dog

Lily

Posted at 11:25 PM on August 28, 2012

How do they expect to adopt him. In the teen mom finale tyler thru the dog out and just handled him in an abusive way. If he cant put up with the dog how is he going to put up with a child

Sally

Posted at 10:37 PM on August 20, 2012

why comment on her looks? the article has nothing to do with that… it has to do with her adopting her younger brother. wow.

Elle

Posted at 12:18 AM on August 17, 2012

Blunt bangs would do her SO much good. Her forehead just goes on and on.

Stephanie

Posted at 4:29 PM on August 16, 2012

She has lost a lot of weight like 25+ pounds, that’s NOT a plus-size figure. But I agree, the saggy boobs & the dress are not the best…

Michelle

Posted at 2:19 AM on August 16, 2012

Holy sag boobs! The outfit she is wearing does not compliment her plus size figure. The only thing that looks good in this pic is her hair