Find out how Ryan will get mixed up with the ‘90210’ crew — with a few added suggestions from yours truly.
America fell in love with — or at least became morbidly infatuated with — Ryan Lochte during the 2012 London Olympics, and apparently The CW did too, because the gold medalist landed a guest-starring role on the upcoming fifth season of 90210! Per HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site TVLine, Ryan will play himself, a role some would say he was born to take on.
Though it sounds like Ryan will only briefly appear alongside Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) and Max, that didn’t stop me from cooking up five dream story lines for Ryan, using the extensive intel I’ve gathered on him over the past few weeks:
1. Since we know how much Ryan likes one-night stands (thanks, Ryan’s mom!) he could hire Annie (Shenae Grimes) for a night out on the town. She claims she quit prostitution, but hey, old habits die hard.
2. Now that Dixon (Tristan Wilds) has full use of his motor skills — see this picture of him surfing post-accident — I’m thinking it’s time for him to reboot his rap career. And what better way than by adding a few “Jeah”s from Ryan on his next track?
3. Ryan has a pretty “fratty” personality, as Jezebel eloquently points out, so maybe he could get involved with a fraternity to remind these kids — you know — that they still go to college!
4. I don’t see why Ryan couldn’t also mosey in as one of Liam’s (Matt Lanter) surprise half brothers. Remember Charlie? He didn’t look anything like Liam — and you have to admit, Ryan and Matt do share a bizarre resemblance. Just look at them!
5. Ryan is clearly trying to develop a signature style, so maybe he could collaborate with Clothes Over Bros. on a line of men’s swimwear! Oh, wait, that was from One Tree Hill. … I miss that show.
OK, your turn! What would you like to see Ryan do when he guest stars on 90210 this fall? Drop me a comment with all of your most brilliant ideas.
— Andy Swift
Watch More ENTV Videos!
More 90210 season 5 scoop: