Gabby Douglas Reveals Her ‘Vampire Diaries’ Crush

Tue, August 14, 2012 5:13pm EDT by 10 Comments
Courtesy of The CW (2), Getty Images

Watch the gold medalist get giggly talking to HollywoodLife.com about her Salvatore-of-choice.

We all know Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas is a huge fan of The Vampire Diaries — the cast even recorded a special congratulatory video for her — but who ranks atop her list of Mystic Falls favorites? HollywoodLife.com talked to Gabby on Aug. 14 in NYC to find out once and for all: Is she Team Stefan (Paul Wesley) or Team Damon (Ian Somerhalder)?

“I’m Team Damon,” the 16-year-old Olympian revealed. “He’s the bad boy, and he’s so hot.” (Cue the giggles.) “I have to admit that … I’m definitely Team Damon.”

Watch Gabby give us her answer below (and forgive the interviewer for butchering the pronunciation of Stefan’s name. Trust me, she’s been reprimanded.)

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries:

1. ‘Vampire Diaries’: Kelly Clarkson, Gabby Douglas & More Celeb Fans
  2. ‘Secret Circle’ Star Phoebe Tonkin Joins ‘The Vampire Diaries’
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Cast Honors U.S. Olympic Gymnast Gabby Douglas

Morgan

Posted at 3:36 PM on October 14, 2012

who doesn’t love Ian he is the whole package…. smart, sexy, sweet, mysterious, and got a little bad boy in him. I am 17 and he is one of my top celeb crushes… I don’t think it matters if you are 50, 30, 11, or 17 you can have a crush on any celeb…. but I do have to say I am team Damon/Delena all the way and he and Nina are obviously happy together so it is all good <3

lola

Posted at 5:38 AM on August 15, 2012

i don’t like how does she look. and why always damon? am i only the one person who doesn’t like Ian like a man? :D

Ariadne

Posted at 6:53 AM on August 15, 2012

How does it fell to be special?

Iliyana

Posted at 3:43 AM on August 15, 2012

TEAM DAMON OF COURSE <3

Jenna

Posted at 7:15 PM on August 14, 2012

Umm, isn’t Ian like 33 or 34? Sorry that’s just weird isn’t she like 16. btw, I’ve seen the show and it’s pretty good. My fave would be Klaus.

Clare

Posted at 8:09 PM on August 14, 2012

Paul Wesley is 30, Joseph Morgan is 31 and Ian is 33. How dare anyone have a crush on them at that age. I don’t believe she said she wanted to jump into bed with him. I don’t see a problem. He’s my favorite celeb too.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:44 AM on August 15, 2012

Whoa, what? Who said anything about jumping into bed?

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:44 AM on August 15, 2012

Yeah, a 16-year-old girl probably shouldn’t be with a guy in his 30s…

CM

Posted at 6:54 PM on August 14, 2012

Is there anyone who doesn’t have a crush on Ian? That guy is the whole package.

teresa

Posted at 5:39 PM on August 14, 2012

me to i am team damon for sure