‘Vampire Diaries': Kelly Clarkson, Gabby Douglas & More Celeb Fans

Fri, August 10, 2012 5:59pm EST by 10 Comments
Courtesy of The CW, Twitter (inset)

Find out which pop star is ‘obsessed’ with the show & which actor feels like a ‘teenage girl’ every time he watches it!

Who knew The Vampire Diaries had so many fans in high places? Earlier this week, we learned that Gabby Douglas and Kelly Clarkson are both addicted to the CW hit — Kelly got a personal set visit from executive producer Julie Plec, while Gabby got a congratulatory video from the cast — and they’re not alone! Read on to see which other Hollywood hot-shots can’t go without their weekly fix of Mystic Falls.

Jessica Simpson excitedly tweeted her love of the show back in Feb. 2012: “Vampire Diaries has been a minor obsession of mine this month!! I’ve watched every episode!! Ok, so maybe it isn’t a minor obsession.. Ha.”

Lea Michele, meanwhile, has been a fan since day one. In Nov. 2009, she tweeted: “Omg Vampire Diaries this week!?!? Who saw it???? SO hott!!!!!!!!!! I’m watching the makeout scene over and over!!!!” (Coincidentally, Lea’s Glee co-star Jenna Ushkowitz is also dating TVD’s Michael Trevino.)

Another Glee star, Chris Colfer, put the show on his TVGuide.com watch list, saying, “I feel like a teenage girl when I watch it. I embarrass myself.”

Pretty Little Liars star Janel Parrish (aka manic Mona) told Ryan Seacrest that The Vampire Diaries is her guilty pleasure during a radio interview.

If only these stars would reveal whether they’re Team Damon or Team Stefan — then I’d really have a story!

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries:

1. ‘Secret Circle’ Star Phoebe Tonkin Joins ‘The Vampire Diaries’
  2. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Cast Honors U.S. Olympic Gymnast Gabby Douglas
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Vs. ‘True Blood’: Who’s The Best Vampire Barbie?

Lizzy

Posted at 10:37 AM on August 15, 2012

It’s not hard to understand why so many celebrities love The Vampire Diaries. It’s different from the usual, girl falls in love with a vampire format. The compelling characters and different takes on mythologies, make for an incredible story. I can’t wait for it to return, but I work late at Dish, so I am never home when it airs. With my Hopper, I never miss a moment of the episodes. I can watch the show commercial free, and I have 2,000 hours of recording space for other shows. There is nothing better, than coming home after a long day and catching up with the folks of Mystic Falls. With Elena as a vampire, this season is shaping up as one of the best yet.

Ariadne

Posted at 12:22 PM on August 12, 2012

Chloe Moretz is also a fan and she Team Damon

juanita

Posted at 3:19 PM on August 11, 2012

HI THERE MY LOVE HEART GO OUT TO ALL OF YOU. P.S BIT YOU LATER

Nicole

Posted at 8:43 AM on August 11, 2012

Nelsan Ellis from True Blood also like The Vampire Diaries. He said so during comic con 2011

Andrea

Posted at 11:00 PM on August 10, 2012

This is soo amazing I’m glad they like TVD too (:

Dei

Posted at 10:13 PM on August 10, 2012

Nina looks so pretty like that!! Her hair! ;)

Jenna

Posted at 8:40 PM on August 10, 2012

Love the vampire diaries. First Claire and now Phoebe, they are both sooooooo GORGEOUS! The guys on the show are GORGEOUS too.

l