Rihanna Talks Chris Brown’s Brutal Assault: ‘I Lost My Best Friend’

Fri, August 10, 2012 12:58pm EDT by 10 Comments
Rihanna Oprah Interview
OWN, FameFlynet

Although Rihanna recovered physically from Chris’ horrific 2009 beating, she admits that the emotional scars remain. See a clip from her sad and honest new interview below.

Rihanna often keeps silent about the end of her relationship with Chris Brown, but now she’s telling Oprah Winfrey about the domestic abuse incident which shocked all of her fans.

Rihanna, 24, told Oprah, 58, that the beating was difficult to recover from, Us Weekly reports.

“It was embarrassing,” she said. “It was humiliating. I lost my best friend. I was resentful. I held a grudge. I was dark.”

The interview will be shown in full on Oprah’s Next Chapter, which airs August 19 at 9 p.m. EST on OWN.

Are YOU shocked that Rihanna is opening up about Chris, HollywoodLifers?

can dien tu

Posted at 4:47 AM on September 16, 2012

Woah this blog is wonderful i really like reading your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You realize, a lot of individuals are hunting round for this info, you can aid them greatly.

Supeor Buleer

Posted at 5:24 AM on August 12, 2012

I understand What she saying. and I don’t think yall undestand What she saying or What she Mean by it And she had moved on.wow yall seem not to get what she saying. nice sneak peek interview

Amen

Posted at 9:16 PM on August 10, 2012

Lost your best friend? What?! A best friend doesn’t beat the sh*t out of you. Grow up girl. Chris Brown is bad news.

gabbi14

Posted at 7:40 PM on August 14, 2012

she said he was his best friend she is not talkin about the present,she is simply saying she did not know how to adjust to loosing someone you trust and if you cant understand ,just try putting a foot in her shoes it does not mean she wants him back now

Dinnyq

Posted at 9:55 PM on August 14, 2012

THANK YOU! At least someone has common sense vote really not that hard to understand.

Kacey

Posted at 8:21 PM on August 10, 2012

Chris Brown is not a good person. He abuses women, hot tempered, and is unfaithful. He may got the looks, talent, and music but he is a bad person. I hope Rihanna doesn’t go be with Chris Brown. I’m not thinking this because of the past but also in the future and present. Also I wish Hollywood life would leave Rihanna alone and let her live because WHATEVER she does it always involve her trying to get “ATTENTION” from Chris Brown. No one knows if she is or not but I doubt it. So let Rig Rig live her life.

Kacey

Posted at 8:23 PM on August 10, 2012

I meant RIH RIH.

I WORK WITH A TABLET.

Mina

Posted at 6:52 PM on August 10, 2012

I really Hope that people would stop talking about it and anything that related to chris brown like that she can move on for good with her life.

gbtw

Posted at 3:17 PM on August 10, 2012

I hope she takes responsibility for her role in the situation. he should’ve left before it came to what he did, but there are often behaviors on the other side which are equally as inappropriate. as the expert rhobh taylor will attest to… ;)

Dinnyq

Posted at 9:56 PM on August 14, 2012

She has no responsibility. She did nothing wrong.