‘Breaking Dawn’ Director Bill Condon Speaks Out On Kristen Stewart Affair

Wed, August 8, 2012 7:32am EDT by 47 Comments
Kristen Stewart Affair
Michael Buckner/Getty Images for Summit Entertainment

hmmmm

Posted at 11:43 AM on August 8, 2012

If everybody around the world stopped going to the movies and stopped buying dvds Hollywood would literally dissapear overnight. The powers that be know how fragile their industry bult on people pretending to be somebody they’re not is. That’s why they make us believe what they want us to believe. To make money and nothing more. Don’t believe everything you read even if there are photos and public apologies. Even that kind of proof can be purposely placed to get a desired affect.

Rachel Schoester

Posted at 11:30 AM on August 8, 2012

Think before you act, thats something she did not do. i dont feel sad for here.

My Two Cents

Posted at 10:47 AM on August 8, 2012

That quote was before all of this.

Karma20

Posted at 10:15 AM on August 8, 2012

I don’t think his comment had anything to do with the scandal because you put this in Taylor’s story too. I think he was just making a generalized statement, who knows if the comment was even made recently. At this point, I think unless Kristen or Rob speak you can’t believe anything, especially from this site because 99% of the stories on here have been proven to be false

Mei

Posted at 10:07 AM on August 8, 2012

It shouldn’t affect the movie because the real life of Robert and Kristen has nothing to do with the movie. Many people are hoping they can work things out like me. But regardless of thi decision I hope the best for them.
And people that are going to boycott kris movies (ike rumours said) are dumb bc by boycotting bd2 they will also boycott RPatz in this one as well as Taylor. Lol.

d.harris

Posted at 10:00 AM on August 8, 2012

stupid ppl.., that is exactly how i feel about this whole thing.i can never accept what kristen did but for me —-is all about the movie .let them keep making nice movies .their private life is their own ,not actually my business.to be honest ,i was totally obsessed with the pure love of bella and edward and wish that is so in real life,but i know better than totally trust in fictional characters.so i was not carried away from day one.i kept it real,though i will not lie that i learn some few things from reading twilight book but is really hard for some fans to keep it real and so begins the obsession in real life for some people and baaammmm——here we are.

Concerned Fan

Posted at 9:41 AM on August 8, 2012

Point taken, people need to be reminded that this scandal should be dealt with personally and not affect Twilight…… who knows, by the time October Robsten may be back together for the sake of both their careers and BD2…… 2 mths is a lot of time

Posted at 9:22 AM on August 8, 2012

I can’t wait for this movie – the pictures look beautiful! I hope people start to leave Rob and Kristen alone now. They need to deal with these issues on their own.

Wondering..

Posted at 9:17 AM on August 8, 2012

There was no reason to blur the lines before. Robsten were a couple on and off screen, so it didn’t really matter. There’s a difference now because they’re human beings who aren’t perfect, unlike their vampire counterparts… Whatever happens with them, I wish them all the best. I’ll still be seeing their movies because their personal lives won’t affect what I’m seeing on screen.

pix

Posted at 11:11 AM on August 8, 2012

i totally agree

Hilda

Posted at 9:17 AM on August 8, 2012

It is so funny that Dear loving perfect Rob watched another person, an EX, a neighbor, an enemy whatever you want to call Kristen to get destroyed in her profession and in her real life. He knows all the names people are calling her and he knows about the talk shows are making fun of her and how much hate and humiliation is around her, he knows especially ‘his fans’ hatred for her wishing her to die but he the most wonderful and percious person in the whlole existence stay quiet because his private life is so private. Stop the BS he is enjoying the hatred. I bet even after all these days he will say something divine, people are still so blind that still can’t see that, he never loved her and he never cared for her He took advantage of Kristen to become famous. What we saw was just his precious hand holding her hand in the pictures but we don’t know how he treated her behind the doors and if he really cared for her or just ignored her in real life like what he is doing now. What a phony

=|

Posted at 9:20 AM on August 8, 2012

Hilda, ARE YOU NUTS?! Rob most definitely did love Kristen. You need to take some social behaviour classes and grab some crazy meds too.

peace

Posted at 9:53 AM on August 8, 2012

I think I’m the only person left giving Kristen the benefit of a doubt. I refuse to believe she as private as she is go caught in broad daylight cheating in a public place accidently. I feel it was all staged for some purpose. Maybe it was abotu what Bill said. I don’t know. I just feel deep down that it was staged. that’s why I think they’ve stayed hidden and quite. They’ve both had more privacy since this scandal broke than they’ve had in four years. I just hope somebosy with a heart comes forward with the truth. Until then we should all leave this alone for the sake of all involved including us the fans. It might help us all to deal too if we walk away for a while.

hope

Posted at 10:32 AM on August 8, 2012

Rob is probably bleeding buckets. He is questioning everything he thought he knew about Kristen. He can’t possibly come to her rescue right now. Anyone should’ve been able to see how much he loved her. Kristen will be sorry for a long time, even if she doesn’t want to reconcile. Rob is a stand up guy, he needs separation to regroup and find some peace.

aquarius64

Posted at 9:07 AM on August 8, 2012

Those are good sentiments from Condon; however, that separation should have been established in the very beginning of the franchise. For four years the powers that be at Summit had no problem with some fans blending real life with reel life. The Robsten romance helped with ticket sales and merchandising. Condon’s statement tells me Summit/Lionsgate is terrified BD2 is going to take a big hit at the box office because of this scandal.

jenna

Posted at 9:05 AM on August 8, 2012

I can’t even look at this cover.

my respect for rob!

Posted at 9:01 AM on August 8, 2012

YOU ARE CRASY,
rob does not talk about kristen,it is too reserved about his private life
c’om…..it has not rob talk about that!
this is kristen has to be justified ;what is these people “and I hope rob tells the truth” ?????
WAIT : who is the cause of the scandal? kristen not rob:
i not hate kristen but it has not rob to tell truh !
my respect is for rob not for kristen but i not hate this girl ;it disappointed me that’s all..

Stupid ppl..

Posted at 9:04 AM on August 8, 2012

This was almost painful to read. Please. Stop.

yaya

Posted at 10:31 AM on August 8, 2012

ur soo obseseed with their relationship.! are u the one who got cheated on? no!!!. so stop being so dramtic!

Maria

Posted at 8:54 AM on August 8, 2012

I COULDN’T SEE THE MOVIE TOGETHER FOREVER LOVING, AND SHE DID SO BAD TO ROB THAT IN REAL LIFE, I FEEL REJECTION

et

Posted at 8:52 AM on August 8, 2012

He’s just being supportive of both Rob and Kristen.

fact or fiction

Posted at 8:50 AM on August 8, 2012

Yes their fans will always associate Rob and Kristen with twilight. That doesn’t mean we all thought that edward and bella and rob and kristen were one in the same. Most of us also followed their careers outside of twilight too. I’m not too happy about what Bill insinuated about the twilight fans. Nobody’s ever given us enough credit just ridicule. Most of their fans are or were over the age of 25 not teenagers. We’re not blind idiots. yes there probably are some fans out there that can’t differentiate between the movies and real life but their such a small pecentage of the whole fan base. I really have very little faith in anything to do with hollywood right now. just wow

lost..

Posted at 8:48 AM on August 8, 2012

2 weeks after this horrible news broke..
and why is it so tough to jst accept the truth for me..

Stupid ppl..

Posted at 8:56 AM on August 8, 2012

^Cause ur completely obsessed with their own relationship.

be nice

Posted at 9:08 AM on August 8, 2012

People have been adoring movie stars since the dawn of movies. Of course they want to know about them. There’s nothing wrong or new about that. Actors and actresses have to know this going into ana cting career. Let people love how they want.

Nikki

Posted at 9:11 AM on August 8, 2012

@be nice- good point but when you become all about somebody elses relationship and then they decide to break up..dont go throwing hissy fits. I agree with @stupid ppl…this whole “robsten” and “jelena” is ridiculous

Stupid ppl..

Posted at 8:47 AM on August 8, 2012

I do not care if they break up or stay together. Ive never been interested in their relationship and never called them “robsten” because i think its stupid and gets ppl hopes up that they will stay together forever and thats not the case. I DO care that they will be okay. Not that “robsten” will be okay but “rob” and “kristen” will be okay. They are two diff ppl and thats how i look at them as actors. I hope they continue to make good movies :)

no lies

Posted at 8:36 AM on August 8, 2012

Could this be the reason they staged the whole scandal? They didn’t think their fans could distinguish between edward and bella and rob and krisrten? I sincerely hope not. I would have to say at least 85% of their twilight fans also followed their careers outside of twilight too. Could they really be that wrong about us? Shame on me for letting myself become star stuck for the first time in my 38 years on this earth. I can’t believe they would have so little faith in us. If they did stage this then there’s no reason to hide it anymore and I hope rob tells the truth on good morning america. If he has a heart he will. I really wish I never let my co worker suck me into the world of twilight and the careers of rob and kristen. Just too much hurt.

English-Muffin (@_EnglishMuffin_)

Posted at 8:42 AM on August 8, 2012

If he has a heart? Are you kidding me? He doesn’t have to talk if he doesn’t want to, he’s the one who was cheated on. He doesn’t owe us shit.

bazinga

Posted at 3:09 PM on August 8, 2012

He owes his entire career to the twilight fans. We made the twilight saga the success it is today. Rob’s even said that before himself. I just think if the scandal was staged for some reason he should say so. Yes I do think he owes us that. Kristen and Rupert were both smiling and laughing directly at the camera in most of the photos! You can flat out tell they new they were being photographed. Just my opinion. I refuse to believe Kristen would do something like that if it wasn’t staged.

so

Posted at 8:36 AM on August 8, 2012

us weekly report that liberty knews one week before the photo emerged that his husband had an affair so the pics was taken the 17 july and published the 22 july maybe rupert tell her after his “meeting” with kristen, it s possible if they think that they were paps
it s strange cause kristen s beign paps every day of july even after they were caught she go to the gym like nothing happen but when something bad is going to happen you can fee it
the question is why no one tell Rob or his team propably because she was trying her best to buy the pics, no

NAd JEt

Posted at 8:34 AM on August 8, 2012

All my respect get for ROBERT PATTINSON!!!!

anonyme

Posted at 8:12 AM on August 8, 2012

my respect get for rob ,but i not hate kristen ,she has me disappoind so much it’s all!

Tina

Posted at 8:17 AM on August 8, 2012

same, here. :/

Turner

Posted at 8:08 AM on August 8, 2012

I was wondering who the first person would be that would break the huge silence on this whole thing.

Tina

Posted at 8:19 AM on August 8, 2012

Now, we know. :(
I thought it would be Taylor…. or maybe Peter. Glad it was the director, a major person, but also neutral party, too. However,i am glad that Rob has the support of the cast n crew :)
He needs all the friends and understanding he can get right now.

Irene

Posted at 8:02 AM on August 8, 2012

So true, so true. There are other celebrities that has done worse things than cheating on their boyfriends so this is “no big thing” considering…

Pearly shells

Posted at 8:02 AM on August 8, 2012

True.Robsten needs respect now, and give them their privacy too. I’ve always hoped they’d get back together. I’ve always believed they’re soul mates.

a chance

Posted at 8:12 AM on August 8, 2012

Yes, I’ve also always hoped they’d get back together. ..=/\=””Pls
Pls give a chance to Kristen

Tina

Posted at 8:16 AM on August 8, 2012

Soul mates do not always stay together. They do not always end things ” happily ever after.” Just because they are soul mates,does not mean they will always be a couple. They were meant to meet on the set, they were meant to be in this relationship, to grow, and to learn how to navigate the ropes of Hollywood superstardom, but now the time has come, for them to go their seperate ways and to mature as people. Soul mates learn from one another,and they are here, placed in our lives, to teach us lessons in life. They taught each other things that only the other knows. IT is time to place “Robsten” in the same category as other Hollywood reel-to-real-life couples: Fondly,but in the past. This will go down as the Titanic of Hollywood relationships: Famous disaster. My only hope,is that Robert will come out of this, stronger,wiser and more capable of loving the next gal that life places in his path.