‘Pretty Little Liars’ Recap: Ezra’s Brother Reveals His Dark Secret

Tue, August 7, 2012 9:58pm EDT by 11 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

Poor Aria! The littlest liar got the shock of her life this week — Is this end of ‘Ezria’?

It was a night of brothers, babies and bombshells on the Aug. 7 episode of Pretty Little Liars — and no one in Rosewood was hit harder than Aria (Lucy Hale), who got more than she bargained for during a chat with Ezra’s (Ian Harding) little brother Wesley (Gregg Sulkin). Did I mention how beautiful the guys in that family are? Because they’re beautiful.

OK, now that we’ve passed the jump, allow me to spill the beans: Ezra had a secret baby! Well, his ex-girlfriend Maggie had the baby, actually. It was back in high school — way back, when “Fitz” was still “Fitzgerald” — and Ezra’s mom paid Maggie off. The terms of their agreement is that she is never allowed to contact Ezra, but something tells me we’ll be hearing from Maggie. And soon.

But first, it was party time. Ali’s friend CeCe — who remains mysterious, yet awesome — took Aria and Spencer (Troian Bellisario) to a party at the Kahns’ house, where they found themselves locked in a fierce game of Truth or Dare with Noel (Brant Daugherty) and Jenna (Tammin Sursok). They also discovered that the Kahns were the ones who threw the party Maya (Bianca Lawson) used to frequent, which caused them to raise a giant Noel-sized eyebrow at the whole situation. It turns out Noel was with Jenna the night they found Emily (Shay Mitchell), causing the girls to wonder what other secrets they’re hiding.

Meanwhile, across town, “Haleb” was busy being adorable. After weeks apart from each other, Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) tricked Hanna (Ashley Benson) into meeting him — under the guise of “A,” of course — so he could stage an elaborate reunion. And that’s exactly what he did, pulling Hanna in for an epic kiss! So much for my theory about Caleb and Spencer hooking up.

So where was Emily while all of this was going down? Sobbing all over her keyboard, of course. The girls gave her access to “Maya Space,” so she spent the better part of the hour watching Maya’s heart-breaking videos. (I know I’m not the only person who got all misty-eyed when she compared Emily to Cleopatra!) The mood really picked up when Paige (Lindsey Shaw) arrived, which makes me even more suspicious of her. On this show, it’s always the person closest to you who ends up hurting you the most.

Were you totally blown away by Ezra’s secret? Do you think we’ve heard the last of ‘Maggie’? And who do you think will betray the girls in three weeks? Drop me a comment with your thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

More Pretty Little Liars:

1. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Scoop: Did Paige Help Kill Alison?
  2. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Recap: The Girls Unlock Maya’s Secret Website
  3. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Video: Are Spencer & Caleb Heading For A Hookup?

laura1599

Posted at 7:26 PM on December 7, 2012

I haven’t been sure about Ezra and Aria for awhile now. I’m not sure why. They make the cutest – if not weirdest – couple ever. At one point in an earlier season I did kind of ship Jason and Aria but Jason barely ever gets shown anymore unless it’s with Spencer :( Anyway, now Wesley – the hot younger brother – has shown up, Maggie and Ezra can raise their child together and Aria can date someone her age :P ! On the betraying side, I think everyone around them is going to turn out to be fake. That’s the way it’s heading right now, isn’t it?!

Izzy

Posted at 12:59 AM on August 10, 2012

OMG! Poor Aria. I think Maggie had the baby and we’ll see them in next episodes

Melika

Posted at 12:58 PM on August 8, 2012

Oh my god!!! I love this show, and I love Ezra and aria together, they are just so cute!! I don’t think if Maggie kept the child, it is just not right this way! I loved the haleb scene!! It was great!
There is also something weird with page and cece I just can’t trust them!
I just can’t wait for next weeks episode !!!

Shaleiyah browmiez

Posted at 7:37 AM on August 8, 2012

I love that show and It’s a Wonderful show. It could have been their other Friend I forgot her name

htpnksuga2

Posted at 12:43 AM on August 8, 2012

I also really loved the relationship between Aria and Spencer during the “party prepping scene” it made me think of me and my bff. it was really relatable and made me smile!

htpnksuga2

Posted at 12:18 AM on August 8, 2012

OMG!!!!!
“Miss Aria You’re A Killer Not Ezra’s Wife”
Ezra’s wife or baby mama???
Is this a connection or am I stretching it?

Chelsebelle

Posted at 10:19 AM on August 8, 2012

Oh no! You missed it. That was that secret code that Mona used to use. Like giving Hanna that website.

What she is actually saying is MAYA KNEW. *gasp attack*

I’m so glad you commented cause I totally forgot about this one.

Cindalin

Posted at 10:25 PM on August 7, 2012

What I want to know is if Maggie had the baby or an abortion. It wasn’t made clear. Is there a kid out there, or just a disgruntled ex?

Jane

Posted at 10:15 PM on August 8, 2012

i’m guessing maggie probably took the money but didnt have the abortion, and shes gonna show up with a kid at some point in the series. Also, Cece is staring to seem very shady. She looks suspicious, and i think she knows something about what happened to Alison.

laura1599

Posted at 7:27 PM on December 7, 2012

Don’t know if you read the books, if you have, don’t read this :P :
My opinion is Cece = Courtney – the Ali twin

Alexis ....pll blogger

Posted at 1:20 PM on August 15, 2012

Will the darling couple Ezra and ara split.so Ezra can go back with Maggie and his child or will he choose to stay with the littlest lair hmm… Choices ,choices choices what will he do! Stay tuned in to find out next Tuesday at 8:00pm