‘Jane By Design’ Season 2: A New Guy For Jane & More I Want To See

Tue, August 7, 2012 5:49pm EST by 186 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

What do YOU want to see when ‘Jane By Design’ (hopefully) returns to ABC Family for its second season?

It’s been seven whole days since Jane By Design aired its summer finale cliffhanger, and although the future of the series — much like Jane’s (Erica Dasher) future at Donovan Decker — remains unconfirmed, I’m hearing that a second season is likely. So why not start compiling a wish list of all the things I’d like to see in season two?

1. An available, age-appropriate guy for Jane: I think we can all agree Jane has terrible luck with guys. Between unavailable-best-friend Billy (Nick Roux) and older-co-worker Eli (Bryan Dechart), Jane’s love life was pretty much lose-lose at the end of season one. She just needs to find a nice guy her own age so she can finally get her groove back! Perhaps round two with Nick (Matt Atkinson)?

2. More Jeremy/India drama: It was cute the way India (India de Beaufort) followed Jeremy (Rowly Dennis) to London to win him back, but I hope that doesn’t mean we’ve seen the last of the fireworks between them. Their relationship has always been fueled by tension, which is what made them so much fun to watch together. Maybe Jeremy will catch wind of India’s little romp with Eli! (Cue the fireworks.)

3. Babies for Ben & Rita: Since none of the other couples seem to be able to get their act together on this show, it would be nice for Ben (David Clayton Rogers) and Rita (Smith Cho) to serve as a good example for their fellow lovers. Creator April Blair told me this is her “favorite couple on the show,” so hopefully it can be smooth sailing from here on out. Plus, can you imagine Ben with a baby? Swoon.

4. More of Jane’s worlds colliding: The season may have ended with Gray (Andie MacDowell) and Eli confronting Jane at school, but let’s face it — Jane will probably find a way out of this mess, just like she’s done countless times before. Still, I never get tired of seeing her worlds come together with disastrous results. Remember when Billy helped Jane with the party at Gray’s house? Or when India and Jeremy were let loose in the hallways of Jane’s school? I want more of those situations.

5. Gray needs to stay: I know Andie is starring in the pilot for Hallmark Channel’s new series Cedar Cove, but I really hope she stays with Jane. So much of the show’s drama relies on Gray — Jane being her assistant, Eli being her nephew, India gunning for her job, etc. — and I’m not sure how it could all work without her. Plus, they’d have to reshoot the opening title sequence. And that just seems like a lot of work.

OK, your turn to talk: If Jane gets a second season, what do YOU want to see happen? Drop me a comment with your wishes and predictions!

— Andy Swift

More Jane By Design News:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Billy’s Decision & 5 More Spoilers
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Recap: Disaster Strikes Jane’s First Date With Eli
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Recap: A Surprise Proposal Leaves Jane Speechless

moonkuan

Posted at 8:09 AM on February 4, 2013

Please bring the show BACK TO US! seriously, please.

Posted at 1:01 PM on February 3, 2013

great serial !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prei

Posted at 7:57 AM on February 3, 2013

WHY WOULD ABC FAMILY DECIDED NOT TO HAVE SEASON 2 OF JANE BY DESIGN -.- IT’S LIKE AN AWESOME SHOW. I THINK EVERYBODY WANTS A SEASON 2, RIGHT? WHAT A LAME DECISION YOU GOT THERE, ABC FAMILY!

schaze zainn

Posted at 11:00 PM on January 31, 2013

no words to say just ——- please bring it back!

Rachel carter

Posted at 9:21 PM on January 24, 2013

PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!! IT WAS DEFINATELY MY FAVORITE!!!!! I think everyone agrees that it needs to come back. Before this show, me and my mom had nothing to relate to.. This show was the only way we spent time together. Now I feel like we have nothing in common.. I really enjoyed watching this because there aren’t a whole lot of good shows out there, but this was DEFINATELY the exception.. We (Jane by design fans) need this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’nnn

Jaydee

Posted at 5:02 PM on January 17, 2013

This show was really my favorite show. I’m very disappointed that the show was canceled. Really hope they change their mind about the show.

Julia

Posted at 12:21 PM on January 17, 2013

Jane and billy REALLY meant to be together! I must see their kiss or I just die of curiosity!!

Dee Die

Posted at 9:51 AM on January 14, 2013

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, bring Jane by design back, so I can stop crying about the show being over. But seriously, this was a really good show, it did not deserve to be canceled, every episode left me wanting more. It was just the right amount of drama, and wondering how Jane would get out of a problem was always fun.

Joe

Posted at 9:01 PM on January 12, 2013

Please bring back Jane. My wife doesn’t like watching drama series and this is the first she likes and looking forward to every episodes! Knowing that it will not have the second season she refuses to watch the finale. I got her to watch it and now she’s hating me cos the finale is so good u want more!

Mihaela Tsvetanova (@mih4eto)

Posted at 3:00 AM on January 11, 2013

1 Billy and Zoe to break up
2 Jane and Billy to kiss
3 Jane to get out of the situation with Gray
4 Jane and Billy to kiss again
5 Jane and Billy to figure out what are they going to with them (hope so they to be a couple)
I really want season 2 i want it so much please they to find another television which will want their show. I want it really bad so pls pls pls find another tv

Dian

Posted at 6:47 AM on January 9, 2013

Jane and billy are meant to be

jaziz

Posted at 11:20 PM on January 8, 2013

jane and nick NEED to go together i really want season 2 to come out in 2012 i havent heard anything for season 2 airing 2013???? i need info

Anna

Posted at 6:26 PM on January 3, 2013

When will start second season

Evelyn Zuniga

Posted at 12:08 AM on January 2, 2013

Defiantly… Jane needs to find
1)An available, age-appropriate guy for Jane, Hopefully… Nick (Matt Atkinson).

Selinda

Posted at 11:24 PM on January 1, 2013

I can’t believe they cancelled such an awesome show, I really hope they decide to bring it back soon I’m dying to find out when, if , and how Jane and Billy get together, this was one of the best shows they had come up with and now it’s gone and with a horrible open ending :(((((((

Eira

Posted at 7:40 PM on January 1, 2013

Well I hope for many things to happen.
I also hope that we haven’t seen the last of Jeremy and India and that Billy and Jane finally finds out that they belong together.:)

It will also bee so fun if Ben and Rita could have a smooth realationship from now on and that Ben will pripose, and I loved those scenes were you jumped up and down in the sofa because of the exitement. Like you said, when Jeremy and India were at the school and on that party in Gray’s house..;)

I love this show and I would love it even more if a second season comes up. It is also needed and like I’ve said: This show deserves it!!!!!

Nicky

Posted at 9:02 AM on December 29, 2012

I’m from Poland and I love “Jane by design” . This is incredible and amazing movie and I’m very sad that his gone ;< I hope that the movie will be restored. ♥I love Jane♥

Ines Correia

Posted at 10:08 AM on December 28, 2012

There is no season 2 of ‘jane by design’! #sadly :( I just love the show and I would love if someday (hope soon) April Blair may continue the serie #fingerscrossed

Samantha

Posted at 1:43 AM on December 27, 2012

I love Jane by design it’s such a good show and I thin abc family should put it back on :( I wish they never took it off.

Thalia

Posted at 7:48 PM on December 21, 2012

Jane by design was AMAZING. ok they can’t just take it off -.- like yeah so what a lot of people didn’t really watch it but people who actually did looked forward on a new episode every Tuesday . They have done this so many times and it makes me so upset. Because this show inspired many people D: lots of people loved it including me!! Bring back Jane by design!!!!

Katrina

Posted at 12:26 PM on December 19, 2012

I just found out yesterday that it was cancelled and I am beyond upset! To be honest I love fashion and I wasn’t going to watch the show but a friend of mine told me that after the first episode that it was for me. I watched every episode and bought the first season in which i was going to watch in anticipation of the new season. Finding out that the show was cancelled was part of an already devistating weekend. What is wrong with you ABC? Bring Jane back and get rid of one or two of the many other shows that should’ve never been created, please and thank you!

Don’t forget to make your voice heard on ABC Family. Maybe that way they will see how much it’s liked and bring it back:)

Joy Osamwonyi

Posted at 7:15 PM on December 18, 2012

pls y’all need 2 bring it bak 4 a 2nd season.i love it n so does oda folks here in Nigeria.#teamjanebydesign

Joy Osamwonyi

Posted at 7:12 PM on December 18, 2012

plssssss wateva it may cost u,we want jane by design bak 4 a 2nd season.we love it down here in nigeria

fede

Posted at 6:15 PM on December 12, 2012

è un telefilm fantastico!!!spero facciano una 2 serie,,,e orrendo che finisca in quel modo….jane ama billy….e credo che debbano stare insieme…si sono amati da sempre e una stagione che finisce con la delusione di entrambi è triste….

Cristal

Posted at 2:02 AM on December 7, 2012

i love this show! a second season is NEEDED!

lesley padgett

Posted at 10:24 PM on December 10, 2012

so sad to hear there is not going to be a season 2! :-( I loved the first season

Carol Tsai (@CarolTsaii)

Posted at 6:47 AM on December 21, 2012

we really neeeed season 2 come back!!!!! plz~~~
u cant just cancel it! what about these fans???