‘True Blood’ Recap: Bill Is ‘Chosen’ & Sookie Battles ‘The Obamas’

Mon, August 6, 2012 12:01am EDT by 5 Comments
Courtesy of HBO (2)

Igor

Posted at 8:45 PM on August 6, 2012

No it was not the best episode of the season in my humble ignorant opinion.

We did not see enough of Tara and Pam, they are the only two people I actually care about right now.

The Alcide part was totally unnecessary, I like him but honestly, do we really have to know absolutely everything about each of the 500 hundred main characters of this series?

Lala was also missed, we need to see him more, his eyelash moment in front of the mirror was priceless.

All the other storylines can go to waste. I was a little bit intrigued by the murder mystery but the way we were led on in this episode made me change my mind, I don’t care anymore.

And Lilith, Salome, Steve, Russel please die already you are really boring me. Actually, truth be told, I find you all too ridiculous to be believable. This storyline is the worst of them all. The blood, the sex, the nudity, the showing off, please, it looks so fake and cheesty.

Russel used to be an interesting character in former seasons but he has been completely ruined in the current one. He should have remained his crazy uncontrollable blood thirsty mass murderer self but instead, they decided to make him super dull and boring, just like all the storylines of this season.

I still think that Bill has a plan and I hope that with the conclusion of two main storylines, next episode will be less messy.

Tara, Pam and Lafayette, thank you for being there though.

mvk

Posted at 3:12 AM on August 6, 2012

way, way, way, way toooooo much going on. I’m really starting not to like the show anymore.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:44 AM on August 6, 2012

I agree that too much has been going on this season, BUT I love that all the story lines are starting to merge. Last night, it felt like only three major things were happening (as opposed to a million.)

cinephilactic

Posted at 1:33 AM on August 6, 2012

No, not the best episode of the season, but thankfully one that’s helping to cut out the fat so we can explore more of the central storylines like Sookie’s and the upcoming vamp revolution. I hope we get more Fangtasia-level stuff as a result of the TrueBlood factory explosions since the drama bombs within the Authority headquarters are still mostly woh-woh.

In our review, we entertain the notion that Bill isn’t aligned with Salome due to one particular scene…

Sandy

Posted at 12:44 AM on August 6, 2012

Six fans who post everywhere. Lol!