‘KUTWK’ Recap: Kris Jenner Doesn’t Want To See Her Sick Mother

Sun, August 5, 2012 10:47pm EDT by 14 Comments
E!

Kim, Kourtney and Khloe beg their mom to go see ‘MJ’ their grandmother, but Kris says she’s too busy!

Kim Kardashian is so upset that her mom Kris Jenner won’t go visit her mom in San Diego. On the Aug. 5 episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, you really learn what’s important to Kris. Is it family or money?

Kris hasn’t gone to visit her mother in years. That’s not to say she hasn’t seen her mom, but she hasn’t gone to the house she grew up in. Kris tells her daughters that she has too many meetings and that she won’t be able to go with them on the two-hour drive to visit MJ.

Do the girls take no for an answer? Obviously not! After making Kris feel like a horrible person, she agrees to go to see her mom. Keep in mind, MJ has battled breast and colon cancer.

They pull up to a very modest house, with black and white pictures all over the walls of relatives. MJ lives a simple life, in the home that her own grandmother lived in. Kris begins to get emotional while seeing Mason play in the backyard with Khloe and she makes a promise that she’ll never go as long as she did without seeing her mom.

Meanwhile, Bruce Jenner is having a difficult time sleeping. Kris can’t stand sleeping in the same bed as Bruce because he kicks and punches her in his sleep! Bruce gets persuaded by his eldest son Brandon, to go to a sleep center and he learns that he really does move around a lot at night. But that doesn’t fix much, other than bring him awareness.

Kourtney realizes that she doesn’t want a water birth after watching a woman do it at her own home. The screams freak Kourtney out and she decides to have Penelope at the hospital.

Tune in next Sunday to E! at 9pm ET for an all-new episode!

— Chloe Melas

More Kardashian News:

1. Kourtney Kardashian: Raising Two Kids By Herself?
  2. ‘KUWTK’: Scott Disick Goes To London Without Kourtney Kardashian
  3. Kourtney Kardashian: Don’t Say You ‘Hate’ Scott Disick But He Should Man Up, Say Experts

Megan

Posted at 1:29 PM on July 29, 2013

Is your life/reality show so important that you can’t go to visit your mother a couple of times per month? So sad, $$$$ before FAMILY, too! What a pity! ;(

Bela

Posted at 12:45 PM on September 22, 2012

wow can’t see her mom shes only 2 hrs away, you could easily go once a month, she stalks her kids and so called emphasizes family but look she can’t see her own mom. Shes alone with all that money you could easily keep her with you if shes not feeling well.

Donna

Posted at 9:34 PM on August 8, 2012

Kris Jenner sucks!! OMG Money obviously means more than her family!!!

Cienne

Posted at 11:15 PM on August 6, 2012

I’m glad that the daughters forced Kris to put family first for a change rather than money. I liked seeing them visit with her and liked seeing her modest house. Hopefully Bruce gets his sleeping antics under control. I’m glad Kourtney saw what a water birth was really like so she could make a sound decision. I love watching this show every week and thanks to the suggestion of a Dish coworker, I never miss an episode because I watch on my phone. I like using the Dish Remote Access app which allows me to watch live and recorded shows and set up DVR timers all from my phone.

kim

Posted at 4:15 PM on August 6, 2012

what else would that money hungrey heartless machine say! and u didnt see ur mother in 2 years who had cancer , u ought to go straight to hell now,, and the nerve putting her on ur show for ratings!

Natalie

Posted at 3:38 AM on August 6, 2012

I actually understand where Kris is coming from. I’m not particularly close with my family since I moved away from my relatives when I was 1 (which I am now 20.), but my mom was very close with her cousins, aunts, and uncles. Let me tell you, she has 72 cousins, so it was a rather big family.

My mother was extremely close with her grandmother. Her grandmother was dying just from becoming older. But she began to loose her hair, she was beginning to slow down to a point where she had a hard time getting out of the chair. Everyday she was becoming paler and paler. It was hard for my mom to see her grandmother like that, which made it hard for her to visit, granted we lived five states away. My mom did say though she did not want the last image of her grandmother look like she was on her death bed.

So for once this really doesn’t have to do with money. It is hard to see your loved one especially your parent like that. Yes, you should visit often but when you see them like that you do come to the realization that they are sick/getting old/ etc which ,means there is a higher risk of losing them, and that image will haunt you forever.

Kate Brown

Posted at 6:22 AM on September 6, 2013

I understand how she feels, too, but, so what what, that is life–deal with it. No one likes to see their parents waste away, but if you have any character or integrity, you do the right thing, which is often the hardest thing, and you step up and take care of your parents in their later years to include tending to them through cancer and ultimately death.

What if you had terminal cancer at the age of 14 and your Mother just could not stand see you–her loved one–sick and on your death bed so she avoided you because she didn’t want her last image of you to be on lying on the hospital bed that Hospice brought in for you along with tanks of oxygen, not a hair on your head, all skin and bones, and wasting away–so she she just didn’t come around. How would THAT make you feel? I mean after all, you do not want your Mother haunted forever, now, do you?

And when your Mother lays dying, are you going to abandon her and let her die alone because you just will not be able to stand seeing her that way? God forbid if the site of her dying upsets you—just schedule a trip for you and your daughter and go somewhere like, say, Greece? Yeah, there you go. Greece.

It is not a walk in the park for anyone. Kris Jenner is in a position where she can afford the best help, the best care, and arrange her schedule any way she wants without losing her job or suffering financially to see her Mother through this final life journey. Most of us do not have those options, but we step up, pull up our big girl panties, cash in our life insurance policy, live on Ramen noodles (which we hate), and tend to business rather than abandoning our life’s responsibilities.

I would be much more haunted by the thought of NOT being there. But that is just me.

Posted at 1:37 AM on August 6, 2012

busy with what? they don’t work!

Karen

Posted at 11:11 PM on August 5, 2012

This site annoys the hell out of me sometimes. Kris had a reason for not wanting to see her mom. She used work as an avoidance mechanism because she cannot stand the thought of her mom being ill and getting older. Lots of people deal with these situations like this, sometimes you just don’t want to see your loved one suffering. Why do you have to make it seem like it is all about money. Clearly you watched the show so you know the reasoning behind the whole thing. God you people are ridiculous you have no soul, you just depend on the hateful, nasty posters to come on here and bash these people. SMDH!!

HoneyHoney12

Posted at 1:04 AM on August 6, 2012

Kris is the one without a soul. Avoiding your mother because she is getting old is silly, ridiculous and cold. One day Kris will get it back. It is called Karma!

Tracy

Posted at 2:33 AM on August 7, 2012

You are an idiot. Clearly this site caters to people who does not watch the show and don’t have a clue what really happened. It was very clear why Kris was acting the way that she was. Some of you folks fall for anything I swear. Get a life, and yes please do remember that Karma is a b*tch it comes back on words, thoughts and deeds, so don’t ask why when it does.

RTV bytes

Posted at 3:13 PM on August 14, 2012

Exactly my thoughts. If my mother were on her last days I would be there. Period. This whole season has been about almost nothing but KRIS. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. She is so selfish. Me, me, me. And she can cry at the drop of a hat, but it’s as fake as kim badonkadonk!

Kate Brown

Posted at 6:24 AM on September 6, 2013

I agree! See my comments above!

Kate Brown