Robert Pattinson: Don’t Let Reese Witherspoon Tell You To Dump Kristen Stewart

Thu, August 2, 2012 10:27pm EDT by 99 Comments
FameFlynet, Pacific Coast News

Robert – it’s great that your ‘Water for Elephants’ co-star and friend Reese Witherspoon has been a sympathetic shoulder to cry on, but you don’t have to split with Kristen Stewart just because she divorced allegedly philandering ex- Ryan Phillippe.

Robert Pattinson – you are lucky to have a caring friend like Reese Witherspoon, 36, who has lent you her ranch in Ojai as a private hideout.

She’s also apparently been a huge emotional help to you Rob, a source close to Reese tells HollywoodLife.com. “They have talked a lot because Reese has gone through her own really bad breakup and it’s worked out for her, so she has been trying to tell him that it only gets better and he should look at what she has gone through as the perfect example.” Reese is now happily married to second husband, CAA talent agent Jim Toth, and she is pregnant with their child.

Rob – I think you need all the support you can get right now as you struggle to heal your broken heart and try to understand why Kristen cheated but… Rob – here is the big but.

Just because Reese had her heart broken by her first husband Ryan Phillippe and she decided to end their marriage, doesn’t mean that the situation is exactly the same.

Reese was married for seven years and had two children when she allegedly found private text messages between Ryan and his Stop Loss co-star Abbie Cornish in 2006.

This came on top of other rumors that Phillippe had allegedly been stepping out.

The situation had to have been extremely painful to Reese who, like Rob and Kristen, became romantically involved with Ryan when she was just in her early 20s. She married Ryan when she was 24.

But the thing is Rob – every situation and every person is different. Kristen Stewart is not necessarily just like Ryan Phillippe. Reese may have felt that Ryan was a lost cause at fidelity. Who knows – maybe he even admitted to her that he had fallen out of love with her.

Yes, Kristen cheated but it certainly appears that she knows she made a terrible mistake. She said it after all, in her public apology, which was issued the very day that her cheating photos were published. She said, “I’m deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I’ve caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected.”

Just being willing to make that public apology, knowing that it would confirm her cheating was a HUGE and risky move by Kristen Stewart.

She knew that it could alienate her fans even more but she was willing to do it, if it would help save her relationship with you. That shows a depth of commitment to you (despite the cheating) that Ryan may not have felt for Reese.

My point is Rob – Reese is probably advising you to dump Kristen. She split with Ryan and eventually found greater happiness with her now husband, Jim Toth. Life and love did work out better for her.

However, Reese’s romance is not your romance. And Kristen is not Ryan. Kristen may very well be capable of learning from her error and re-committing to your relationship.

Psychologists and relationship experts have told us that this is very possible and that Kristen is not doomed to be a serial cheater.

So please keep that in mind. Take in what Reese says. But you also need to talk to Kristen. Listen to what she has to say. You owe that to yourself and to her.

Remember, Kristen is just 22 and she was taken advantage of by a man nearly twice her age. You may want to redirect some of your anger and blame.

You need to figure out what is right for YOU. It may not turn out to be what was right for Reese.

What do you think Hollywoodlifers? Should Rob take Reese’s advice with a grain of salt?

Bonnie Fuller

More Robert Pattinson

1. Robert Pattinson: You’re Brave To Do ‘Cosmopolis’ Promotion After Cheating Scandal
  2. Robert Pattinson: Here’s Why You Should Give Kristen Stewart A Second Chance
  3. Robert Pattinson’s First Public Appearance After Kristen Stewart Affair Revealed

manit bhardwaj

Posted at 7:19 AM on August 3, 2012

common rob dump her if she dose not cares about you whats the big deal dump her did she even thinked once before doing this o common i love u both but she just f***ed up

Kate

Posted at 7:16 AM on August 3, 2012

Oh come on Twilighters….why he should forgive her?She loved him…okay…then why she cheated?what a great love.No he mustn’y forgive her -.- If she wasn’t Kristen everyone would say to dump her.

Russian

Posted at 6:11 AM on August 3, 2012

I really love Robert Pattinson .I can not break away of his photographs

cocokelly

Posted at 3:44 AM on August 3, 2012

bonnie, stop writing pointless posts… in one of your post; you say ROB SHOULD DUMP KRISTEN, in another you say KRISTEN SHOULD BE FORGIVEN, again ROB SHOULDNT DUMP KRISTEN AND STAY TOGETHER… WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? these celebrities arent going to listen to your stupid advices.

Manilla Vanilla

Posted at 3:10 AM on August 3, 2012

Ohh Bonnie Darling,

Please, please, stop writing nonsense. You are a grown woman and you really need to stop with this bs. I know that it is your work, but please decide once and for all: Ether you want him to dump her or you want them to stay together.
So, he should not be listening to Reese, but should he have listened to you a week ago, when you “advised” him to dump her. Or when you said that Kris Jenner was a bad person for hooking up with her ex, but than again she was a “hero” when she admitted to do so.
Sometimes your comments are like a teenage girls mind. They kind of depend on “how the wind blows” if you know what I mean.

Nice KellyM. :)

Posted at 2:13 AM on August 3, 2012

Tiger Woods had many MANY women on the side. Cheating on his wife, and kids.
Arnold is just as bad, because he had been cheating for YEARS with that maid lady. AND they made a baby!!!
I will also add that J. Edwards was cheating while his wife was suffering/battling cancer. Also produced a love child.
And everyone acts like Kristen is far worse then them?!
Not a big fan of her, but come on everyone there has been worse!!!

KellyM

Posted at 12:42 AM on August 3, 2012

Remember everyone SHE told Catherine H. during casting SHE wanted to do the movie with Rob (Basically giving him a jump to fame.), she doesn’t use him for his money, he sees beauty in a “normal awkward” girl like her over some busty supermodel (“Plain” girls have a chance then.), and she doesn’t use him as arm candy, and doesn’t use him for fame.

I AM SURE NO MATTER HOW UPSET/MAD ROB IS AT HER HE WOULDN’T WANT PEOPLE BEING RUDE TO KRISTEN. So come on people!!!!

KellyM

Posted at 12:42 AM on August 3, 2012

Hate the SIN not the sinner.

Macy

Posted at 12:55 AM on August 3, 2012

Yeah. Rob is a humble man.
I’m sure no matter how upset he is with her he wouldn’t want everyone hating on Kristen.

Sadie

Posted at 10:59 PM on August 2, 2012

Kristen will just cheat on Robert again if he takes her back. Kristen is too self-centered and concerned with herself. She has a major attitude that she is in total control, and she has always disrespected Robert during interviews and public appearances. I hope that Robert’s decision will be to move on with his career and his life. Robert has several great movies about to be released, and then he has several to begin filming–“Mission:Blacklist” & “The Rover.” Robert has an exciting future ahead of him, and I feel that he does not need Kristen Stewart holding him back. She should move on with her career and life and leave Robert Pattinson alone. Robert seems to be a good, descent person with a lot of character. Kristen does not seem to have any character or intregrity plus she is so very foul-mouthed for a woman. Robert Pattinson is quality, and Kristen Stewart is trash; the two will never work together long-term. I think she will break his heart again!

bells

Posted at 11:35 PM on August 2, 2012

Oh sadie you are right maybe Rob should date you right? Whose with me on this one?

Lizzy

Posted at 11:43 PM on August 2, 2012

Oh Really!!!!!Then pls show me a woman who is holy mouthed and pls dont say mother teresa or some sh*t pls!!!!!!When Rob does’nt have a problem with her mouth wat is it to you huh? She has quality too and she is unique.Oh now now dont talk about her recent media coverings other than that tell me one bad quality she possess which no one else possess in the whole world?

Exclude her recent stupid bloody affair and tell me wat a bad girl kristen is please enlighten me you seem to know her very well..I will be waiting for your reply.

To Lizzy

Posted at 12:34 AM on August 3, 2012

Well said Lizzy! :)

I like that Kristen never used Rob as arm candy, she never used him for his fame, remember everyone SHE told Catherine H. during casting SHE wanted to do the movie with Rob (Basically giving him a jump to fame.), she doesn’t use him for his money, he sees beauty in a “normal awkward” girl like her over some busty supermodel (“Plain” girls have a chance then.), and she doesn’t drip with jewels/heavy make up like some celebs do.

J

Posted at 10:42 PM on August 2, 2012

“The guy who murdered dozens of people in the Colorado theater is not getting as many insults as Kristen. I did not agree with what Kristen did however I chose to hate the sin not the sinner.”

POOR ROBERT?!?!
All I see is, “Poor Rob!” How about, “Poor victims of the Colorado shooting… poor families that lost loved ones fighting for your freedom overseas… poor kids that are getting abused everyday….”

J

Posted at 10:43 PM on August 2, 2012

^ I found that on another site, and totally agree! ^

Sadie

Posted at 11:04 PM on August 2, 2012

I do feel bad for Robert Pattinson, but I certainly do agree with your statements about what is really important. Many times, we as Americans tend to focus on the wrong things too much. Thank you for your wise and thoughtful comments.

J

Posted at 11:28 PM on August 2, 2012

Thank you Sadie for taking the time to read it. :)

Lizzy

Posted at 11:45 PM on August 2, 2012

Correct and superb!!!you say my thoughts!

fantasy

Posted at 10:39 PM on August 2, 2012

I believe they would get over it…I am dreaming of seeing them together again on the BD2 premiere. That gonna be so touching, more than ever~~~sweet!!

brooke

Posted at 10:37 PM on August 2, 2012

You know the saying “Cheats once, shame on you. Cheats twice, shame on me.” That’s probably what Rob is thinking right now

Cait

Posted at 9:31 PM on August 2, 2012

rob, she cheated , if you get back with her ,shell just think “well he forgave me once he’ll forgive me again ” no , your to good for that. and she needs to wake up.

M.

Posted at 10:41 PM on August 2, 2012

I bet your man is cheating on you Cait!

roamer

Posted at 9:27 PM on August 2, 2012

Rob is a grown up man he can decides for himself already. What he needs is a shoulder to cry on and Reese is a good friend. Real friends are there in good or bad times. Besides Reese and Ryan’s case was much more different than what happened to Rob and Kristen. They’re both singles and one committed a huge mistake but there was no one else involved well except Bear in their household?
Rob, take a very deep relaxing breath and let the zen flows into your mind, body and spirit before you make decisions or even consider what your friends are telling you to do. Only you can do it….

Turner

Posted at 8:43 PM on August 2, 2012

Ok Reese, don’t tell him to dump Kristen Stewart. I’ll tell him to dump her myself.

Kami

Posted at 7:44 PM on August 2, 2012

He should dump her! If she really loved him she would have never cheated in the first place. The ppl who are saying they should get back together are obviously stupid Twilight fans. Cheating is wrong and I don’t think someone who cheated should get a second chance. So Rob just don’t get back together with her, you will regret it.

bells

Posted at 11:39 PM on August 2, 2012

Oh kami i think you rob would make a great couple!

charlotte

Posted at 7:11 PM on August 2, 2012

Oh come on…i’m sure Rob can think for himself. its a bit like the Sienna and Jude Law Nanny scenario, he publicly apologised and look what happened there. Once the trust is gone….there’s no going back. Kristen completely lied to Rob and acted like nothing happened…that is until she knew the press were all over it. Rob move on…Kristen messed up and she’ll get over it… As for Rupert…well she must have been desperate cos he’s hardly a looker.

natasha

Posted at 7:01 PM on August 2, 2012

Bonnie is a idiot just like when she said that kriss jenner was a heroe for admit her cheated …shut up bonnie i think you’re a cheater too so that’s why you always are ok with it

Lizzy

Posted at 11:47 PM on August 2, 2012

Bonnie is idoit is he?then who are you?huh?I am nt a twilight fan still i want them together wat say dude?

LG

Posted at 6:25 PM on August 2, 2012

I highly doubt Reese advised Rob to dump Kristen. Rob adores Kristen, he’s broken hearted and Reese knows what that’s like. She never received and apology Rob did and btw Kristen isn’t a slut.

Joce

Posted at 9:49 PM on August 2, 2012

I agree with LG.

Anishka

Posted at 6:23 PM on August 2, 2012

Rob needs to forgive Kristen!…. and people needs to stop posting bad things about KStew!… Even though she made a horrible mistake, the important thing is that she came clean and apologized.. She loves Rob! And Rob loves her!,… he might not be sure of what to do now but we all know that deep down he wants to forgive her!
If any of you were Kristen you wouldn’t want people saying these things about you, SO STOP!!
WE ALL JUST HAVE TO HOPE FOR THE BEST AND STOP SAYING HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT KRISTEN!!…

Kristen is a slut

Posted at 6:03 PM on August 2, 2012

Bonnie is an idiot!!!! Rob needs to dump that slut!!!! She looks like an ugly man ,Rob needs someone who is going to love and respect him!

Lisa

Posted at 6:12 PM on August 2, 2012

I couldnt agree more!!! Bonnie is such an idiot. So stupid. Great advice Bonnie. I’m sure you would advise someone in an abusive realstionship to stay aslo.

Nelly

Posted at 7:13 PM on August 2, 2012

And who is that exactly?

Lizzy

Posted at 11:49 PM on August 2, 2012

You shut it and you better mind your bloody language.you are thousand times no mi;llion times worse than her!!!!!!!!!

S

Posted at 6:02 PM on August 2, 2012

So many presumptions! 1) That Reese is advising 2)That Kristen is sorry (the photographs were coming out so she had to do something 3) This is second time she cheats that we know of 4) That an older man took advantage of her (she could have been the aggressor).

Basically, you know nothing and all you are doing is guessing because you have no facts. The only people who know anything are the people involved.

K.C

Posted at 6:01 PM on August 2, 2012

I agree counrtney!!! Good point rensse stay out of it it Robert is decide not resse. Robert is big man and if he love her and she love him too ande another chance!!!

Courtney

Posted at 5:39 PM on August 2, 2012

Reese is a b*tch and needs to mind her on business!! Ok,yea Rob went to her so help but you have your own relationship so stay out of his. Rob loves kristen And she probably loves him too. I just hope that when he finally listens to what she has to say he forgives her or atleast trys to.

lipsy

Posted at 5:51 PM on August 2, 2012

You do realise Reese Witherspoon more than likely has not said to break up with Kristen..even the source doesn’t say that so please don’t get ahead of yourself listening to speculation

K.C

Posted at 5:11 PM on August 2, 2012

Resse not your mom or not your sister or reese not ur girlfriend and she not need advice to Robert jump Kristern wrong!!! Don’t force to Robert and don’t listen to resse said each words… If I were resse I would advice Robert it up to him Robert better talk to Kristern what going on behind is easy than jump Kristern that robert will lose everything with your own life….

babouchka35

Posted at 5:09 PM on August 2, 2012

I’m not a fan ! You’ll probably never see this lines, but your stories touched me because I recognize me in your two cases and in my case, with the same man !

First in the case of Robert Pattinson : I met my husband when I was 19 years old and he became my best friend. I fell in love with him. We start to be a couple when I was 21 years old and my husband 24 years old. We were a fusional couple and we decided that if something happen at one of us, the other prefer to know the truth. After 1 year of common life, I was 22 years old, my « man » announced me that he had kissed another woman ! It was horrible : the worst thing which could happened to me… I asked me : « when you really love someone, how could you make that ? » . It was inconceivable for me… But I really loved him, and I decided to forgive him. 2 years after, we got married.

Second in the case of Kristen Stewart : 2 years after our wedding, I met a man in my job and we became friends : my husband, this man and me. And finally, in time, I desired this man. My question was : « How it is possible : I really love my husband and I can’t imagine to live without him, but I desire an other man ! ». It was a difficult part of my life, during 2-3 years I desired 2 mans. I think that this man also desired me, but we ever made nothing. But I know that if he had made the first step, I would have cheated my husband. I told it to my husband few month after this feeling appeared. So he knew it during the 2-3 years, and he knew that I could cheated him. The desire for this man disappeared some month after he left.

It’s at this moment I left my illusions : the life is hard and you can’t be sure of nothing. You could have feeling for 2 persons. But I think that if a couple really love each other, you must speak with the other one and hear what the other one has to say. And, it’s only after having discussed and said things, that we can make our decision.

Actually I have 33 years old, with my husband we have 2 wonderful childs. Some times it’s difficult for each other because we know that although we love very much everything can tip over. But we love and desire each other so much!

bells

Posted at 12:05 AM on August 3, 2012

Thanks for sharing your story, and its true anything can happen even to the most saints of us, remember never say never, one could not say I could never do what kristen did cuz sometimes things happen when you least expect it.I do not condone cheating but Iam an advocate for Forgiveness. Calling kristen all the names you can find in the book doesnt make us any better than her, doesnt make us any hollier than her, remember as you judge so shall you be judged.Just think for a moment put yourself in her shoes, how would you like people to treat you? Whatever she did, she didnt do it to us, she didnt hurt us people, Kristen is asking for forgiveness, who are we people not to give it to her, We are not God. Only God can judge which by the way I think God is willing to forgive her because if not then all of us are doomed for no one is rigtheous. Hatred towards her is not gonna do us any good, it will only consume us it is like a cancer, wishing something really bad to happened to her is also not good, cuz it will only come back to us. Love begets love, hatred begets hatred, forgiveness begets forgiveness.I wish Rob and Kristen happiness and peace together or not because that is surely what I want other people to wish for me and what I really want for myself.