Kate wore a super glam messy updo to the premiere of Total Recall in L.A. on August 1 — here’s how you can get the EXACT look straight from her hairstylist!
Kate’s look was influenced by the structured dress for the premiere and Mara described it as “edgy and undone with an effortless feel.”
Here’s how you can get Kate’s look:
1. Start by evenly applying John Frieda Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse through towel-dried hair to tame frizz, boost shine and build texture. For added volume, spray roots with a texturizing spray and rough dry.
2. Next, twist small sections of hair to create tousled texture. Once hair is completely dry, gently tease the crown for a bit of height. Next, pull hair back create a loose braid. Tuck the ends under and pin in place with bobby pins, crossing the pins to secure the look and make sure the braid stays in place. Allow pieces in the front to fall out and frame the face.
3. To finish the look, spray John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hair Spray on your fingertips and pinch sections while rubbing your fingers together on the hair to add more texture and break up the look. Then in an even, all-around motion, mist a thin coat of hair spray to set the look.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU love Kate’s updo? Vote below!
– Jenny Pickard
More Celebrity Beauty:
- Jessica Biel’s Silver Tips: How To Copy Her Super Cool Mani
- Olivia Munn’s Adorable High Bun: How To Get The Look
- Audrina Patridge’s Voluminous Waves: Steal Her Hot Hairstyle