Ariana Grande & Jennette McCurdy Starring In New Series ‘Sam & Cat’

Thu, August 2, 2012 5:36pm EDT by 39 Comments

Plus, the network is also planning a spin-off for ‘iCarly’ fan-favorite character Gibby! Will you watch these new series?

Two of Nickelodeon’s biggest stars are colliding! iCarly‘s Jennette McCurdy and Victorious‘ Ariana Grande are co-starring in a pilot for a new Nick show which could very well become the network’s next phenomenon. And here’s the best part: They’ll be playing the characters you already know and love!

Entertainment Weekly reports that the new series, titled Cat & Sam, finds Ariana’s Cat and Jennette’s Sam becoming roommates and starting a babysitting business. (I know that sounds ridiculous, but this is Nickelodeon we’re talking about. It’s not supposed to make sense.)

The pilot is coming from iCarly creator and executive producer Dan Schneider, who is also working on a spin-off for iCarly‘s oft-shirtless Gibby (Noah Munck), approriately titled Gibby! That new series follows Gibby as he (somehow) becomes a mentor for “four off-beat middle school students.”

Do these shows sound like good ideas to you? Drop me a comment with your immediate reaction to both (even if it’s just “WTF?”) below!

— Andy Swift

More Ariana Grande News:

1. ‘Victorious’ Star Does A Female Power Pop Mash-Up Of Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way!’
  2. Josh Hutcherson’s Hot New Romance With ‘Victorious’ Star Ariana Grande

Laura

Posted at 3:40 PM on November 24, 2012

I like the idea of Sam and cat but the babysitter business does not add up.

Sam is the right kind of person who does not watch kids.

Sam didn’t do so good in the the icarly episode I sell penny tees, she treated the kids horriably.

cc

Posted at 10:25 PM on November 25, 2012

agreed

Isabel

Posted at 6:23 PM on November 17, 2012

omg i will totally watch cat and sam! not gibby cuz hes just irritating And i dont find him funny

gigi

Posted at 11:40 AM on October 28, 2012

this will be a really good show…i have a serious problem with victorious being cancelled….HUGE PROBLEM.

Mazzie

Posted at 11:56 AM on October 17, 2012

Crazy, and Crazier I love it! Wish Victorious wasn’t being cancelled :-(.

Laura

Posted at 3:45 PM on November 24, 2012

So you saying victorious is being canelled because of this new show sam and cat?

They should not do that if that’s what they are doing.

Losing 2 great shows in the same year will be bad.

Losing drake and josh the show was bad.

cc

Posted at 10:27 PM on November 25, 2012

i want drake and josh icarly and i HaTE victorious. Cat and sam sounds stupid but the roomate part is cool. gibbys show sounds like its gonna get canceled in the first week. Miranda Cosgrove should just go to college and STAY OFF TV….FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THE MUSIC INDISTRY!!!! i see her working at starbucks with a nice cat…

Rocky

Posted at 2:30 PM on October 12, 2012

I’m a bit conflicted. I love Cat, but I don’t think I can watch another show where Sam is one of the main characters. Guess I’ll watch a couple of episodes and then decide.

And a show centering around Gibby? No thanks…

tonyZ

Posted at 12:49 AM on October 12, 2012

Uh doi, of course I’m watching because anything Jeanette is in I’m there! God I love her.

Sam

Posted at 5:11 AM on October 7, 2012

anything with Ariana Grande in it is perfection. I don’t care what anyone says.

Mia

Posted at 11:37 PM on October 6, 2012

The ideas sound dumb stupid. It’s like they are not thinking these ideas sound stupid but of course the idea of cat and Sam having a show is stupid but some kid some where will like and become a hit. I wish they would come up with better show like cat dog all that ect but they cant because nick got worst as years went on!!!

Mazzie

Posted at 12:00 PM on October 17, 2012

They all sound dumb at first and then they come out and we love them. They get better over the years.

BB

Posted at 12:36 PM on September 26, 2012

I think that Icarly and Victorious are both great shows. Its gonna suck if Victorious end though. I will definatly watch Sam and cat show. I mean Sam is just the best thing ever of Icarly and Cat is just to funny with her innocence and randomness. As for the Gibby spinoff, nah He’s just never been funny to me, But hey thats just my opinion.

bob

Posted at 5:42 PM on October 8, 2012

i agree but the story of how sam and cat should be be and why they left hollywood arts should be explained and it will be sad that victorious will be gone and the gibby show just seems dumb u should start a show with selena demi lovato and do the same kind of funny idea like that because that is what most kids want to watch is funny tv shows that have big desisions sometimes but mostly funny things that make sense please dont do the gibby show and if so dont end victorious make more shows they are all ending please.

Kenny

Posted at 5:10 PM on August 31, 2012

They are both so freaking hot, i will watch every show

Julie

Posted at 12:20 PM on August 29, 2012

i dont think it sounds very good but who knows! i thought Disney channels “Ant Farm” sounded stupid but now i love it! im looking forward to see what its like! :)

Mazzie

Posted at 12:02 PM on October 17, 2012

amen but not about Ant Farm about Dog with a Blog the first 2 episodes are good

Aidan Williams

Posted at 11:42 PM on August 7, 2012

They do to me they sound awesome and funny cant wait to see them.

Preetisandhu

Posted at 1:57 PM on August 7, 2012

Oh my god their both so pretty

Cathy Vandal Valego

Posted at 9:01 PM on August 6, 2012

i will watch for sure i love cat…

daniella

Posted at 5:03 AM on August 5, 2012

Alex

Posted at 12:46 AM on August 5, 2012

I like the idea of Sam and Cat and pulling Cat out of Victorious wouldn’t be bad as long as they maybe add another character and/or just make even better episodes. Cat is not the whole show of Victorious. Theres Sinjins random appearances, Sikowitz, Robbies weirdness, Trinas excuses, Jades sassyness, and Andres Grandma. But change the name of Gibby! Sam and Cat is fine because it’s a show of a duo, but give Gibby! a better name. But I like that there’s a new young peoples show starring a male. The shows out there now are almost all girls.

Liz

Posted at 11:26 AM on September 23, 2012

“new young peoples” – Ariana is, I think 20, and Jennette is 20.

iCarly was cancelled because Miranda wanted to actually go to college, live there, and have the college experience. There’s no reason, that has been said, as to why Victorious was cancelled.

Nick usually has there shows for 60 episodes. iCarly will have over 150 when season 3 ends, and Victorious will have about/less than 42 episodes. It just doesn’t seem fair to all the Victorious fans that they got screwed out of how Nick normally does there shows. Victorious still has a very high rating, but they got 2 low ratings for “Make it in America” and one of the movie-episodes in the middle of the series run.

Erin

Posted at 3:36 PM on August 4, 2012

Sounds awesome but if thats the case and they’re playing the same roles does that mean Victorious will be ending soon too =/ I really hope not, if Victorious ends I’ll be gutted there’s only been 3 seasons and it’s my favourite out of iCarly and Victorious but I love them both =( but I would watch Cat and Sam and Gibby! too.

Liz

Posted at 11:28 AM on September 23, 2012

Victorious has been cancelled. Season 3 is there last and final season. Look at my comment above to get more info.

JJones

Posted at 2:48 PM on August 3, 2012

If Jennette still acting tough and silly as Sam, and Ariana still acting innocent and silly as Cat. I quessing this show should be a riot. And Noah keeps being Gibby might not be bad either. Just have to wait and see, I’m just glad these three super
stars are not being placed at the bottom of the pile.

Isabel

Posted at 9:10 AM on August 3, 2012

Ariana is my role model…. Jennette is also extremely talented, Noah too!!!

Hailey

Posted at 11:08 PM on August 2, 2012

i love anything with ariana grande

Maddie

Posted at 9:20 PM on August 2, 2012

LOVE the idea of Sam & Cat

lola123

Posted at 6:39 PM on August 2, 2012

Zoey 101 was/is the BEST nickoldeon show ever. Everrr.

RAD

Posted at 6:38 PM on August 2, 2012

I LOVEEEEE arianna, so i cant wait for Sam & Cat!

-A

Posted at 6:04 PM on August 2, 2012

I will watch Sam and Cat but there is no way im gomna watch Gibby … I mean really?!?!

Nicki

Posted at 5:47 PM on August 2, 2012

Omg…what is dan schneider thinking?!? Lol. I think that whole “gibby!” show is gonna totally bomb. Nickelodeon hasnt been enjoyable since 2007 when they stopped showing jimmy neutron, zoey 101, and the fairly odd parents lol

Ariana Taylor Nicole

Posted at 9:03 PM on August 2, 2012

I have to disagree I would watch both shows you bever know I mean you see how far spongebob and Icarly came, and fairly odd parents still comes on.

Liz

Posted at 11:30 AM on September 23, 2012

um. The Fairy Odd Parents plays everyday, early in the morning, and on weekend afternoons.
Jimmy Neutron (sometimes) and Zoey101 (always) play a lot on Teen Nick.