Selena Gomez Doesn’t Take Relationship With Justin Bieber ‘Too Seriously’

Wed, August 1, 2012 4:40pm EDT by 46 Comments
Pacific Coast News

In a new interview, Selena admits that she’s still young and has a lot to learn from her relationship with Justin!

Selena Gomez, 20, and Justin Bieber, 18, seem to be head over heels in love, but Selena is still trying to be smart about her relationship.

In an interview with Teen Vogue, Selena opened up about her relationship with Justin.

“It’s really fun. I’m lucky.” Then quickly added, “I’m 20. I don’t take anything in my personal life too seriously. I have great friends and a solid group of people I love. I feel like everything else will come organically.”

Selena may be young now, but Justin is definitely a keeper — so she better hold on to him!

HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Selena and Justin will be together forever? Vote below!

– Jenny Pickard

More Selena News:

1. Selena Gomez In Love With Another Justin — Not Bieber
  2. Justin Bieber Supports Selena Gomez On Commercial Set
  3. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Shower His Little Sister With Affection On Date

DADA

Posted at 3:47 PM on January 1, 2013

To be honest and truth full u are only 18and20.You should not be getting pregnant or even thinking about it you have not even started your life not trying to run your life but think about your dreams that are gone

nimako twummaa

Posted at 10:44 AM on December 15, 2012

me i think bieber should waite n luk 4 de right girl he really loves orelse bieber wil be in abig trouble.

kukupoe

Posted at 11:02 AM on November 26, 2012

i hear about justin bieber and selena gomea story. they donot still together forever. i donot why

Kylie

Posted at 2:11 AM on August 28, 2012

I don’t really like Selena because I think she’s using him

leesasagg

Posted at 12:14 AM on October 14, 2012

me too and their relationship seems on and off

leesasagg

Posted at 12:16 AM on October 14, 2012

their relationship together is confusing the fans are you a happy couple or not

kaka

Posted at 5:29 PM on November 1, 2012

no she not u dumd u know nothing

kaley

Posted at 4:09 PM on August 27, 2012

i think that selena and justin make the prefect couple and they should stay together

Nikoleina Viktor

Posted at 8:06 PM on August 13, 2012

Justin has done very romantic things to Selena; so what does Sel do for him?

chanel

Posted at 2:46 PM on August 14, 2012

Selena does a lot for justin. she cooks for him. but she also likes to keep things private and doesn’t share with her fans and the world. she also loves buying him clothes and little things for him. They both like to keep private and very intimate between them. and doesn’t really want to share alot of things with there fans. I think justin and selena likes to keep alot of what they do private like dinners with friends and family. and the stalkrazzi out of there faces. justin and selena are meant for each other.

skates

Posted at 6:18 PM on August 8, 2012

It’s funny how people are commenting on how Selena doesn’t care about the relationship when all they could see is that Justin being so serious about it! If Justin wants to get married right now and she doesn’t, he will dump her right there and then. Regardless, both of them are on the same pace right now! They could be thinking about the future, but not rushing into getting married! I guess both of them are following Will Smith’s advice! Build the foundation together, that’s best thing to work a relationship! This is the whole meaning of what Selena meant by her statement:”It’s really fun. I’m lucky. I’m 20. I don’t take anything in my personal life too seriously, but I feel like everything else will come organically (naturally). I have great friends and a solid group of people I love.” In which statement did Selena say she didn’t care about the relationship and she’s living in the moment!” Lol!

chanel

Posted at 7:34 PM on August 8, 2012

I think she does care about the relationship. otherwise she wouldn’t do little things for justin. which she like to keep it private and not share everything with her fans. justin once said that he doesn’t want to throw his relationship in his fans faces. but somethings he would like to keep it to himself and not share what he has intimate with selena. I do think selena cares and loves justin very much. otherwise she wouldn’t travel with him all around the world on his tours.

lulu

Posted at 3:13 AM on August 6, 2012

Ok i love Jelena, but I don’t think they will make it and here’s why. Selena says she is not taking the relationship seriously which indicates she might be in it for the fame I’m not saying she is and I wouldn’t want that but that might be the case. Justin and her have broken up more then once which indicates they can’t male up their minds. Justin looks a little too comfortable with those girls in the music video lol! And selena if she isn’t taking it seriously and he is, or vice versa, then that is a HUGE problem because drumroll please… She is pregnant with his baby. I swear to God I am not lying. Look up selena Gomez pregnant with beibers baby and then look up Justin beiber and selena Gomez pictures August 2012. Look whatever story you choose to beloved they just arena’t compatible. I don’t know if this is just me, but sometimes I winder if she is only in this for fame. He rented out the staples center just for her! If she doesn’t find that serious, if she doesn’t find her baby serious, if she doesn’t find the promise ring on her finger serious, then what does she find serious? He could have picked a million other girls but he picked her and she doesn’t Finns it serious. I think if Justin is really that serious when it comes to relationships then he doesnt need to be with her. I love her but, he has found the wrong girl to settle down with let alone have a child and at this age?! I have also heard Justin acts like he is all serious and then just dumps the girls. I think at this point they need VERY different things. If things don’t work out, (and I’m sure they won’t) they are still going to have a baby that they share. And if Justin abandons their baby, you know it’ll be a whole big scandal ending his career. So now they are in a huge mess that they Will have to fix somehow. But whatever decision they make, they have to think about the baby (who they decided to keep). I love them both but this is a mess i think it’s time for y.ou to take things seriously now.

skates

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 8, 2012

If Selena didn’t love Justin, why would she even bother giving him her promise ring! I bet Justin is still holding onto it until now! He just can’t wear it because it will give too much buzz on his fans! I don’t even think she is pregnant! Justin wouldn’t have broken off with Selena, it would be the other way around, wasn’t it Justin who was cracking up last time! They didn’t break up because of the loss love, but mainly got affected by the buzz going around! They probably cooled down a little bit and then realized that they needed each other and would like to stay together. Justin has cooled down his pda on Selena because he realized that his showing off is creating more buzz on Selena and it’s hurting her all the more, thus they have decided to keep it down low! Both Selena and Justin are hanging on together despite the hates to fight against the odds, do you think they are just playing around! Lol! It’s more so because both of them want to focus on their careers and think of marriage later!

jelena

Posted at 10:24 PM on August 4, 2012

Selena is sooo in love with Justin I am sure and he is tooo LOL JELENA FOR EVER

David

Posted at 1:47 PM on August 4, 2012

she is using him but he treats her like a princess! she doesn’t take her relationship with him seriously but he rents the whole Staples center for her to watch her favorite movie! is Justin Bieber really blind? she is somehow cute but she is not beautiful and sexy and there are many girls in the industry who look much hotter than her.I am a boy so you can’t call me jealous.I just can’t understand why he is wasting his life with such a famewh….

skates

Posted at 6:41 PM on August 8, 2012

Regardless of whether you are a guy or not, that’s not even relevant! Justin thinks Selena is the most beautiful person inside and out so who are you to judge that she isn’t? It’s not even your life to live! If you are happy with your life even if you are living in the moment, how would that even be considered as wasting your life! Both of them are very happy as a matter of fact! They will treasure their every moment together! If they live through all the struggles in life despite all these people who are trying to pull them apart and still stick together indefinitely, I bet they’ll definitely have very fulfilling life together! Lol!

chanel

Posted at 9:35 PM on August 8, 2012

i totally agree with skates., i do hope they stay together and last a long time. hopefully there bond is solid enough that they can stay together and justin doesn’t cheat on her or do anything stupid.

skates

Posted at 6:59 PM on August 8, 2012

For Selena being a fame whore is your personal opinion. You probably have other celebrities you’re idolizing who is in competition with her, that’s why you think that way! Selena has never even mentioned much about her previously relationship. How can she become famous because of that? Selena has known Justin way before he even became popular. Their love for each other blossomed in time, Justin has a big crush on her way back in 2009, thus he pursued her at the time when he thinks he is ready for the relationship! His persistence has earned him the blessings he has eternally been hoping for! “Never say never” that’s what he goes by! If Selena is a fame whore, why would she even have anxiety attack during her relationship with Justin? Selena can walk away from all of these and make herself happy, but she decided to stay not because of the fame she is getting from Justin, but because of how much she loves him! Selena has always been attacked by people like you who generate so much hates on her! Unfortunately, this people are here to stay! Fortunately though, their bonds are so strong–strong enough to conquer the world and to fight these frenzied media and haters!

skates

Posted at 7:18 PM on August 8, 2012

For Selena being a fame whore is your personal opinion. You probably have other celebrities you’re idolizing who is in competition with her, that’s why you think that way! Selena has never even mentioned much about her previous relationship. How can she become famous because of that?

JELENA FORVER

Posted at 3:08 AM on October 25, 2012

First of all, it doesn;t matter based on looks it is based on personailty and havent you heard? Justin and Selena say they are both their first love and she is not using him!

sammy

Posted at 6:27 AM on August 4, 2012

she just dates famous guys for publicity…it is true…she doesn’t take her relationships serious because the only thing which is important for her is being in the spotlight…when she does sth on her own it is not a big deal in the media but just going out with JB for a dinner is lots of news…I just don’t understand why Justin doesn’t let her go…

Ashlyn

Posted at 8:24 AM on August 4, 2012

true. she is using justin and he doesn’t know that. i wish he dumps her first before justin gets hurt

Krista

Posted at 9:54 PM on August 3, 2012

Ok so they r a cute couple and seem very in love, but they’re both young and finding themselves… Eventually they will split and move on, besides, I’m sure Justin will want a different girl in his life. He tried splitting for that reason before! He’ll find a better girl for him later in life… Sorry Selena but u can’t keep the Biebs forever

chanel

Posted at 12:45 PM on August 9, 2012

you never know what there they are thinking. i do hope they stay together and they are meant for each other. what makes you ppl think if justin dates another girl that ppl won’t say bad things about her and always says rude stuff about her. Im sure celeb read this , thinking wow such haters can just say mean things about this person who they don’t even know let alone what she’s going through with her career. I do hope justin and selena stay together forever and last a long time.

Jamilex Collazo

Posted at 5:07 PM on August 3, 2012

I think all u people that commented are rude selena dosent need to be with justin if she dosnt want to she is not getting fat idk what you are talking about she is gorgeous and she should be with the person she wants not the person everyone wants her to be with I’m a huge fan 0f justin to and he is also gorgeous and he could get anygirl he wants so as there fans I belive that u guys should support what there disision is its not our lifes its theres:))

BE_GREATFUL

Posted at 8:37 AM on August 3, 2012

selena dear… just wanna let you know that Justin have treated you like a princess should be.. and he is getting hoter and hoter everyday so if u wanna break up with him there’s half of 6 billion girls wants him and you are just getting more fat but wait! he still love you no matter what you look like doesnt he?well.. if u still gonna do it and go pick one from One Direction.. wait no.. sorry.. you’re not they’re type. love what you have now..just saying love..

skates

Posted at 7:37 PM on August 8, 2012

Lol! Why would you even think that she would go for any of the One Direction guys! They are such players! Selena would never go out with players! She is the type of person who would stick to guys who would give her emotional securities! Justin does and have been doing that ever since they start dating! Lol! Nick Jonas and Taylor Lautner wasn’t able to provide her with that, thus they broke off! Taylor L didn’t even get started!

skates

Posted at 7:38 PM on August 8, 2012

*** Nick Jonas wasn’t able to provide her with that, thus they broke off! Taylor L didn’t even get started!

self_determind

Posted at 8:32 AM on August 3, 2012

zac efron and vanessa hudgens broke up when everybody thinks they’re perfect for each other :/
robert pattinson and k-stew also broke up when everybody thinks no one in this world make a perfect couple like them.. nothing last forever….BUT SELENA WAKE UP!!! JUSTIN LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING AND I DONT THINK YOUR EX BF’S HAVE TREATED YOU LIKE JUSTIN DID!! SO WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

skates

Posted at 7:45 PM on August 8, 2012

Zac and Vanessa broke up because Zac wanted to pursue his acting career. He thought the relationship would be an obstruction to advance his career! I doubt it if he is still happy with his career, if he still loves Vanessa! Selena and Justin stay on the relationship and support each other all the way through. They encourage each other in pursuing each others dreams. They are basically building their dreams together! It has proven that it could work that way despite the hates they are getting from outside and the pressure for them to split up–there’s really no need to sacrifice the relationship, love will conquers all! So proud, I am really happy for them!

Kristen=cheater

Posted at 11:31 PM on August 2, 2012

Selena Gomez Doesn’t Take Relationship With Justin Bieber ‘Too Seriously’
as if everyone doesn’t know that ,just play your game selena ,like usually you have done before

skates

Posted at 7:50 PM on August 8, 2012

You’re talking as if Selena is a player her, the last time I found out she has always been dumped by the guys since the guys can’t give her any emotional securities! Lol!

I support Bieber

Posted at 11:04 PM on August 1, 2012

I think there relationship will last forever… At least she doesn’t take her relationship with Justin to far, he’s only 18. I love them both, they are meant for each other.

chanel

Posted at 7:30 PM on August 8, 2012

yes, they are. They are totally meant for each other. love them both as a couple. hope they stay together and it last a long time. justin and selena are meant for each other.

brityne

Posted at 6:05 PM on August 1, 2012

pretty dress that selena have on it. and the only person can worry about their relationship is them not their fans.

chanel

Posted at 10:59 AM on August 2, 2012

i totally agree. no one what they do behind close dooors. who to say what they do. i will always love there chemistry and there amazing relationship. they seem so into each other and of course love that they have for each other.

Allie

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 1, 2012

I think it’s a fun relationship from the time being! From someone looking in from the outside, I don’t personally think it’ll last a super long time! They’re young and having fun! But I don’t really look for them to be getting married any time soon or anything.. ;)

Chanel

Posted at 5:22 PM on August 1, 2012

Such a cute couple. Justin and Selena compliment each other. Such amazing couple. Justin is one of the hottest singer ever. She’s very lucky to have such sweet funny hottest boyfriend ever and he really cares about her or otherwise he wouldn’t take her to meet his family who he loves and adores very much. I’m sure justin’s mom likes Selena very much and thinks she’s very down to earth kinda of girl.

chelsea

Posted at 5:21 PM on August 1, 2012

selena is just using justin

Mary

Posted at 11:09 AM on August 2, 2012

No shes not that stupid when she said that it mean she doesn’t want to like say lets get married and have kids like she just to relax with relationship and if she didn’t take it why would she be crying when they broke and they broke cause of Justin’s manager’s and not wanting him to get married but he didn’t and still got together so watch what u say CHELSEA.

christina

Posted at 3:56 AM on August 4, 2012

NO SHE IS NOT!!!!!!
UR JUST ANOTHER B**** THAT HATES SELENA
i think selena is number 1
what happend if she said that
shes write
shes yung she needs time
uhhhh!!!!!!!!
why dont u understand?????
why do u hate selena
justin stupid is just another gay that kisses everygirl he sees in his video clips

France

Posted at 4:50 PM on August 1, 2012

That is just what she said then, im pretty sure if justin made something bad to her, she will be suffering just like every1 who’s in a longtime relationship

chanel

Posted at 11:08 AM on August 7, 2012

i love your name Frace. it reminds of Paris. the city of love. justin and selena are the most romantic couple ever. hope they do last a long time. hope they end up together forever. hope they end up together and they last a long time. i don’t them to ever break up. such a perfect couple love them as couple. Hope justin doesn’t hurt her feeling. and hope there relationship will as a long time.

skates

Posted at 7:57 PM on August 8, 2012

Selena will feel the hurt if Justin is being unfaithful to her, of course, most people in a long term relationship will feel the same way! I think Selena will be stronger than Justin in staying back on her feet! Justin would take more time if he’ll lose the dream girl he has been going after!

Lizette

Posted at 3:19 PM on August 15, 2012

Well you cant jus expect them to be together forever i think they’ll eventualy break up but ….maybe they will stay together…does anybody remember zac effron and vanessa hudgens?everyone thought they were the perfect couple and that they wouldnt break up but they did. I guess you’ll just have to wait and find out if this really is “the perfect couple”