‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Will Stefan Reject Elena In Season 4?

Tue, July 31, 2012 2:43pm EDT by 104 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

New interviews with the show’s cast and crew reveal there’s a good chance vampire Elena could end up all alone!

We’ve heard how Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) relationship will change with Damon (Ian Somerhalder) on The Vampire Diaries next season, but what about Stefan (Paul Wesley)? Apparently, it’s also going to be rough. “He’s not going to have an easy time with it,” executive producer Julie Plec tells Zap2it, likening Stefan to a struggling alcoholic who’s suddenly dating a girl who wants to party all the time. “There are going to be come complications in their relationship.”

And Paul echoes Julie’s concerns, speculating that Stefan might actually be turned off by Elena’s new fangs.

“Maybe we won’t be attracted to her as much because it’ll remind him of himself,” he tells the site. “Men like the opposites. He hates himself because he’s a vampire, right? So, I don’t know; maybe he’s going to project.”

Poor Elena! First Julie says Damon will “have a little bit of a ‘tude” with her, and now Stefan’s going to consider keeping his distance? Maybe season four will give Matt (Zach Roerig) a shot at the Gilbert goodies.

What say you, Vampire Diaries fans? Do you think Elena is better off alone in season four, or are you hoping one of the Salvatore boys comes to his senses and sticks with her? Drop me a comment with your hopes and predictions!

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries Season 4 Scoop:

1. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4: Damon Won’t Take Elena Back Easily
  2. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4 Scoop: Elena Has ‘Hot’ Sex — But With Who?
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4: New Girl April Has ‘History’ With The Gilberts

SE

Posted at 7:01 PM on January 20, 2013

stefan stefan stefan its all about stefan.. and i hope that will be again … damon always can fine someone for him.. stefan and elena ….epic love…couple.. he always was so good always protect her and their friends …

celine

Posted at 4:33 PM on January 18, 2013

I personally feel that stefan elena & damon to come back together has declined elena stefan stefan elena has always tried to save themselves the friends he always wanted to elena help, damon & elena wanted to murder her brother and some friends I just find it so strange first she was so in love with stefan they said themselves that it is always going to be stefan damon & suddenly it became I just find it weird the seasons themselves

celine

Posted at 4:25 PM on January 18, 2013

hope elena & stefan back together much nicer couple in the movie
and I’m really sorry for stefan

lovestefan

Posted at 11:44 AM on January 18, 2013

she does not deserve anyone she is awful first one brother then the other one and again she doesnt think about them at all what would she does if she had a sister and the one guy is first with her then with her sister she is like slut and i dont like her if she was with stefan first why didnt she stay with him or why didnt she finde someone else not his brother .. its starting to be boring if continues like this or stefan or no one i hope she become a human again and that all “feelings” for damon were not real… itll be cool if damon die and kathrine comes back and than stefan fell for her again and elena stays alone .. ofc and damon never come back not even as humen or even if he comes back i would like that he got someone new.. .:)

Shawn Elizondo

Posted at 8:48 PM on January 2, 2013

I am all for Elena and Damon and I hope they get back together and stay together on and off screen they did not have enough on screen time together as a couple

Cyra

Posted at 4:02 PM on December 9, 2012

STELENNNAAA! IF she ends up with Damon this show is a waste of time.

bridgette

Posted at 9:23 AM on December 27, 2012

i agree! 100%

apricot

Posted at 6:19 AM on December 1, 2012

i don’t understand

julie

Posted at 4:09 PM on November 24, 2012

Delena! Delena! Delena! ALLL THE WAY! Thank the Lord that Stelena is over. Am I the only one that gets annoyed by Stefan…?

Cyra

Posted at 3:57 PM on December 9, 2012

yeah your the only one. TEAM STEFANNNN !

bridgette

Posted at 9:26 AM on December 27, 2012

delena? really? lets not forget, he killed Vicky (matts sister), he tried and killed Jeremy, Elena’s brother. he used caroline as a blood bag when she was still human. and all of the bad things he did, to hurt Elena’s friends and family. not to mention the number or women he has slept with. unlike stefan, who’s been in love with her and has not strayed, not once!

Rana bachoo

Posted at 6:06 PM on November 20, 2012

i realllllyyy wnt ELENA 2 end up with STEFAN!!!!!!!<3<3<3..I LUVVV STEFAN SOOO MUCH

stelena

Posted at 12:58 AM on December 7, 2012

elena should b with stefan…stefan is her soulmate forever.. theat stupid elena should’nt change lyk dis.. SHE MUST BE WITH STEFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ALWAYS STEFAN

Carrie Bradshaw

Posted at 1:59 PM on November 17, 2012

I was upset about Elena and Stephan’s breakup. They should be together. I think Stephan is to sneaky. She deserves Stephan

Carrie

Posted at 2:01 PM on November 17, 2012

I meant Damon is to sneaky, not Stepan.

Emmalee

Posted at 3:41 PM on November 8, 2012

Honestly, Elena is more exciting as a vampire & when Stephan starts nagging about her new lifestyle, it kind of a buzz kill. & Damen is more understanding of the situation & instead of trying to fix “the situation” he deals with it. Which is why he & Elena are perfect for each other :)

Ellie

Posted at 12:26 PM on November 6, 2012

I think stefan was good for her in the previous seasons, but now she’s a vampire I think Damon. He deserves her, I want her to bring outbid softer side, though, like in season 3! But I don’t think she should jump straight into another relationship. DELENA IN A FEW EPISODES!

elena

Posted at 9:14 PM on November 3, 2012

elena and stefen should defenetly be together cuz if their not the whole entire series WILL be RUIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let them stay together

winterseason1721

Posted at 1:17 AM on November 6, 2012

I agree! From the start I was happy with Stefan and Elena being together. I mean it’s just so right. It’s what’s got (in my opinion) everybody syched. And into the show. And if they just tear that apart…then the show would just fall apart. I’m 1/2 way through Season 3. Each episode that I go through I keep hoping, that they’ll become close again like they were when they first met, and just get back together. Personally, without Stefan and Elena being together, I don’t think the show would be the same. Not without the perfect pair who are meant for each other, back together.

jennifer jimenez

Posted at 3:48 PM on November 3, 2012

i personaly think stefan and elena should get married they have a good chemistry together besides stefan hasnt made many mistakes compared to damon i mean he killed elenas brother in season two stefan tried to turn himself to klaus in exchange of jenna being safe when stefan was ripper yea damon was there for her but still, i think the only reason he loves elena is because she looks like kathrine.In season 4 now stefan and elena are a great cuple

shelbylynn

Posted at 3:58 AM on November 3, 2012

elena needs to be with damon, they are the perfect match! (:

Delphine Jacinth Oti

Posted at 7:01 AM on October 28, 2012

Elena and Damon are much better together, They both deserve to be with each other because Damon was always there for her when Stefan left her for Klaus in Season 2. Damon always had Elena’s back when she struggled with particular things,
TEAM DELENA! <3

Cyra

Posted at 3:59 PM on December 9, 2012

Stefan only left to save his brother not because he really wanted to leave DUUUH.

Nyx

Posted at 5:14 AM on October 27, 2012

Katherine rejected Damon over Stefan and so did Elena. I think it’s time for Damon to have his happy-ever-after.

aley_wood

Posted at 6:31 PM on October 26, 2012

Damon!!! They are so much more interesting together. Stefan is great….but him and elena get boring after a while.

Ever Nilan

Posted at 11:57 PM on October 11, 2012

They have to be together!!!!!! Stelena forever!!!!!!! It has to be thats the way its gotta be that way if it isn’t I think this show is gonna lose a lot of fans!!!!! They have to he together pls just let them be together :/

Ari

Posted at 4:16 PM on December 12, 2012

There not fans of the show then..Delena fans stayed when for the past 3 seasons Stelena had been main. Delena has a larger fanbase anyways..But if Stelena fans did leave then there not fans of TVD same goes for Delena…Their already broken up anyways.

Devin

Posted at 10:25 PM on October 11, 2012

I definitely think she should choose Damon he deserves it.

nico

Posted at 9:44 PM on October 8, 2012

stefan

kone

Posted at 3:59 AM on September 27, 2012

stelena is the best

Alex

Posted at 1:31 PM on September 26, 2012

I think Damon.
In season three he was so sweet, and so kind to her, I literally lept from my seat when I watched her kiss him.
I think he’s the perfect change in her life that she needs.
I think Damon deserves a turn.

mely

Posted at 3:06 PM on October 24, 2012

I agree & if she’s going to end up with matt… srsly I’m going to stop watching the show ;s no more fun if there isn’t goint to be delena

koti

Posted at 10:34 AM on September 25, 2012

stefan

alexa

Posted at 11:19 AM on August 19, 2012

DELENA

sandu

Posted at 2:27 PM on September 22, 2012

i say stelena

evelyn

Posted at 6:16 PM on September 23, 2012

i say stelena too,to me stefan is exactly what elena need