‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Will Stefan Reject Elena In Season 4?

Tue, July 31, 2012 2:43pm EST by 104 Comments
Courtesy of The CW

New interviews with the show’s cast and crew reveal there’s a good chance vampire Elena could end up all alone!

We’ve heard how Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) relationship will change with Damon (Ian Somerhalder) on The Vampire Diaries next season, but what about Stefan (Paul Wesley)? Apparently, it’s also going to be rough. “He’s not going to have an easy time with it,” executive producer Julie Plec tells Zap2it, likening Stefan to a struggling alcoholic who’s suddenly dating a girl who wants to party all the time. “There are going to be come complications in their relationship.”

And Paul echoes Julie’s concerns, speculating that Stefan might actually be turned off by Elena’s new fangs.

“Maybe we won’t be attracted to her as much because it’ll remind him of himself,” he tells the site. “Men like the opposites. He hates himself because he’s a vampire, right? So, I don’t know; maybe he’s going to project.”

Poor Elena! First Julie says Damon will “have a little bit of a ‘tude” with her, and now Stefan’s going to consider keeping his distance? Maybe season four will give Matt (Zach Roerig) a shot at the Gilbert goodies.

What say you, Vampire Diaries fans? Do you think Elena is better off alone in season four, or are you hoping one of the Salvatore boys comes to his senses and sticks with her? Drop me a comment with your hopes and predictions!

— Andy Swift

More Vampire Diaries Season 4 Scoop:

1. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4: Damon Won’t Take Elena Back Easily
  2. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4 Scoop: Elena Has ‘Hot’ Sex — But With Who?
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 4: New Girl April Has ‘History’ With The Gilberts

Zahraa

Posted at 4:47 PM on August 16, 2012

i think one of the salvatore brothers will take (mostly damon) elena lost so much .

Posted at 8:41 PM on August 15, 2012

I love both Stefan and Damon! I understand that Stefan will always be good for her but Damon challengers her and consumes her Stefan was there when her parents died.. I recently heard a sang saying ” always chose the second love because if you really loved the first one you would have never fell in love with the second one..” enough said Delena for the win!!!!!!!

Laina

Posted at 8:20 PM on August 15, 2012

DELENA FTW!!!!!!!!! Hey stelena fans us demean fans have over 2 million views on utube how many do u have?? Just saying delena FTW ..!!

mohammad

Posted at 12:27 PM on August 11, 2012

stephen will fall in love with a new girl in season4.

koti

Posted at 10:52 AM on September 25, 2012

how do you know?stefan and new girl??

Melissa Papadelis Ferland

Posted at 4:47 PM on August 8, 2012

I don’t see how some people feel Stefan is perfect for Elena. While I do see certain aspects: there is that things she has for Damon. Plus both were murderers, and have done bad to her. Has Stefan done less to her?Maybe. But in the grande scheme….he did it to others. While respecting her is grande..its just so far out there. Like her even forgiving Damon for killing Jeremy. For forgiving Stefan in an episode. But I get the point. Its beautiful his love is so strong, how it grounds him, but his guilt and revenge are as bad as Damon’s issues.

I wanted to feel for them, but after season 1 I didn’t feel that. To m they hold each other back if anything. They are the couple that continues to try but always fails or has obstacles. (regarding the long post-a beautiful post btw)

Many have a great reason for loving stelena, I just happen to love DE.Many will never see why, as I ay never see why they do. The main issue I had was her in love with both. Its hands down into book two. Elena will say Damon is the other side of her soul (maybe the vampire side where she’ll relate better). To me, Stelena being ripped apart signifies something else to me. They are not meant. But it’s all figurative based on what you see and feel. SE fans feel the opposite. Like I normally do to. I don’t think Damon is better. I think as a villain he is predisposed to hate.

Aditi

Posted at 8:16 AM on August 7, 2012

Damon and Elena forever <3 Come on Elena, pick Damon already, and Damon please stick with Elena! Eagerly waiting for Season four now!

dafi

Posted at 4:43 PM on August 6, 2012

stelena is epic love

kamelia

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 6, 2012

SE forever!

t.k12

Posted at 4:32 PM on August 6, 2012

damon and elena are so diffrent i think she should end up with stefen

michal

Posted at 4:17 PM on August 6, 2012

*stelena*

Julie Hafen

Posted at 4:14 PM on August 6, 2012

I would like her to stay with Stephan, but I sure like Damon the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sahra

Posted at 3:27 PM on August 6, 2012

stelena for sure <3

dety

Posted at 8:19 PM on August 2, 2012

i think stefan and elena should be together they make a very good couple and nothing should come between that

diariesofvampire

Posted at 3:48 PM on August 2, 2012

I believe they’re never supposed to be so strong that writers keep holding on to them for three seasons in a row.

Shar-Shar66

Posted at 12:29 PM on August 10, 2012

I love you comment and I agree with you.

diariesofvampire

Posted at 3:47 PM on August 2, 2012

stelena = SOULMATES

Fernanda

Posted at 3:45 PM on August 2, 2012

It was never supposed to be like this. They were never supposed to be like this. Stelena was supposed to be that cliche couple, couple that I was never supposed to ship, or ship until something better comes along. They were supposed to be that first cannon ship that cracks under the pressure, they were supposed to be soulmate couple that everyone accepted as soulmates because it was never said or shown why they’re soulmates.

I started watching this show convinced I’m going to ship Delena. A person who convinced me into watching the show told me in all certainty I’m going to ship Delena. So imagine my surprise when I fell in love with the complete opposite and never un-fell for them.

But somehow, they became more. And no matter what anyone says, because I really don’t care how many times you clicked vote button and refreshed your YouTube, Stelena is THAT couple. Stelena is that couple that 90% of viewers can handle no matter do they ship them or not. They’re that couple that at least once brought tears to your eyes (because if you didn’t shed a tear either at their break up in 2×06 or their phone call in 3×01, I’m questioning your humanity) no matter who you ship.

But you see, I don’t think they’re ever supposed to be that couple. I think they’re supposed to fill the cliche of two people bringing each other back to life, the cliche of forbidden and impossible Romeo and Juliet love, until they became so much more, and until even those qualities started shinning in a new light because of how they were represented to us.

And in season 1, they were exactly that. They were a 160 year old vampire and a 17 year old girl who fell in love and who tried to live a normal life despite their situation. And by the end of season 1 I cursed the day I started watching this show and the day I fell in love with the relationship between these two people, because I started shipping a cliche couple, something that rarely, almost never, happened.

But after 1×17, they started to change. They became something more. If this was any other show, I would probably roll my eyes at they her stupidity when she practically pushed his fangs in her wrist, but TVD made that action different. It made it more profound. Because they started layering Stefan’s character, and as his started layering, so did Elena. Because if there is one thing consistent when it comes to this show, it’s that Stefan’s behavior affects Elena’s character and vice versa. And soon, Stefan and Elena transformed from that fairytale romance all girls dream about, and they became realistic. They became a couple you could point your finger at and say “This is what I want.” With all of their ups and downs, tears and smiles, hugs and kisses and fights and slaps and I love you’s.

And then season 3 happened, and it was the season that really got me hooked up to this couple. A season when all the kisses stopped and when I love you’s disappeared, and when they started hurting each other, and when they stopped showing their emotions for everyone to see, and it was then when it became fun digging dip into their characters.

And by the end of season 3, Stefan and Elena became everything you would never expect. Because I was convinced she will choose Damon. Because I was preparing myself for that since the second half of the season. Because I started watching the finale convinced she’ll choose Damon, one way or another. And then, they surprised me, like they kept surprising me through the whole season.

And everyone are talking how such a great build up Delena have, but I can’t see it, no matter how hard I try. Taking one step up then three steps down for three seasons is not a build up for me. For me, it’s two people who have that something, but can never make it right. Because of who they are, because of who people are them are, because of how they act and what traits there have and what personalities they hold and what situations they find themselves in. It’s two people who had their chance (like it was shown, they did meet first) and because of the circumstances, they blew it. And they can’t find their way to each other, and after three seasons, that simply became exhausting to watch. Because it made me think, maybe they’re not supposed to.

But Stelena, imo, they have a real build up. A build up that has it’s ups and downs, but they learn from it. They don’t make the same mistakes twice. And because of that, they keep finding their way back to each other. With them, we have that cute part of the relationship, where they hug and kiss and go on dates and he takes her on the top of a Ferris Wheel and everyone know they’re together because they’re that couple. And you have danger that comes from the world they live in and what they’re ready to do for each other. And you have passion, and you have sex (I said it thousand times before, their chemistry is very personal, they don’t flaunt it around, and their chemistry is more spiritual than physical, and that makes me cherish it more) and I’m sure we’ll see more of that now when they’re both vampires and since both of them had a season of drought. And in the end, you have the most important element, element that keeps two people together – they’re partners. They keep fighting for each other, they keep digging their way to each other, and they keep finding each other in the end of the road. And they respect each other as people, and they would do anything for each other.

And like I said, Elena becoming a vampire could be the best or the worst thing to ever happen to her and Stefan as a couple. But no matter what happens, their relationship will never disappear from the show. It will always float around their heads, reminding everyone what they had. Because by now, their love is so deep in the story, and their actions is what keeps this story moving. And you see, no matter how cheesy you think it is (you call it cheesy, I call it beautiful) Stefan and Elena are soulmates, and through season 3, they proved that to us many times. You know why Elena can feel Stefan’s presence? Because she left part of herself with him, she gave him that part and even if she wanted it back, he would not be able to give it to her, because it’s so deep into his core that it makes him who he is, that is inspires him to dig, and growl, and fight, and move forward. And he left one part of himself in her too. And when they’re close to each other, those two parts keep pulling them in, because they feel their rightful owner is near. They’ll always live in each other, and no matter where they are, in a way, they’re always be together. And you see, that’s something no one can take away from them.

michelle

Posted at 2:40 PM on August 3, 2012

fernanda your comments on stefan and elena are beautiful. i’m rooting for their love to conquer all even Elena’s vampirism. i think it will be Rocky and require alot of forgiveness but in the end it will be worth watching.

Shar-Shar66

Posted at 12:39 PM on August 10, 2012

I love your comment and I agree with what you said.

Thayná Aprigio

Posted at 3:43 PM on August 2, 2012

SE Forever.

Thriller95Hina

Posted at 2:37 PM on August 2, 2012

The security and the safety of SE’s world has shattered now. There will come a time when they both realize that they dont want eachother just the way they used to, that things have changed, get over eachother and then breakup (my guess maybe at the end of first half of Season 4). Lets face one thing, what Stefan actually wants is ‘Self Love'; loving and accepting yourself and feeling that your own wishes are important. What Damon wants is ‘True Love’ and he can only have that with Elena. We all know what are Elena’s true wants; a love that ‘consumes’ her, and thats Damon. Stefan will be alright without Elena but Damon wont be. I believe SE fans are just scared because they’ve lost alot of arguments; ‘Elena met Stefan first’ and ‘the show had started with them’. They’ve lost those arguments and they’re just angry because the Writers are screwing with their couple and the show is heading towards a DE endgame… Sorry for my english Im from Pakistan.

Hina Hussain

Posted at 1:57 PM on August 2, 2012

Elena loves Stefan because he was there when her parents died and she needed somebody at that time and thats why she chose him in 3×22 because she felt obliged to him for giving her life back. We all know Elena loves Stefan for this reason. She doesnt love or accept Stefan for who he is. However, shes fallen in love and accepts Damon for who he is. DE’s relationship will evolve and progress in S4 whereas SE’s relationship will face alot of problems and is in danger of not surviving much longer in the series… (Continue)

Hina

Posted at 12:55 PM on August 2, 2012

Im not sure whether Stefans gonna reject Elena I really dont know but their relationship is not gonna survive much longer in the series. Their relationship was born out of a need for stability and reawakening at the start of S1. It wasn’t built on epic love (DE’s love was). Yeah they both needed eachother in the beginning. However, things have changed now. Elenas growing, becoming stronger and shes changing. Stefan hates what he is and he wanted to be with a human to forget what he is but now Elenas a Vampire, how will he adjust with her? Her being a Vampire would very much affect the way he loves her as we all know Stefans love for Elena isnt strong and he doesnt love her unconditionaly.

tammy

Posted at 12:40 PM on August 2, 2012

I think that Stefan and Elena should stay together. It is just weird that Damon wants his brothers girlfriend. I mean for geez, Elena and Stefan have slepted together. Seriously, this isn’t Jerrry Springer, “my brother wants to sleep with my girlfriend”. Damon needs to man up and grow up and get his own girlfriend. He and Katherine were great together. Besides, Damon only wanted Elena when Katherine didn’t want him. Still he should give Kat a chance.

dety

Posted at 8:22 PM on August 2, 2012

i think damon should just move on but kat loves stefan not him

Hina

Posted at 12:32 PM on August 2, 2012

I really dont care what the SE fans say about DE because they dont even look at their own couple and start bashing DE with their vague arguments. The way the Writers are taking the story, DE’s relationship will evolve and progress in S4 whereas SE’s relationship will be facing alot of problems given the circumstances that Elenas now a Vampire as a direct result because of Stefans’ actions in 3×22.

Lauren C

Posted at 12:34 AM on August 2, 2012

I want Elijah to come back and confess that he loves Elena.. If not then im all for Delena action

brenda

Posted at 7:49 PM on August 1, 2012

*Stelena foreva!*

stephani

Posted at 6:45 PM on August 1, 2012

Damons a jerk! And *stefan is the perfect guy 4 elena*

Shar-Shar66

Posted at 12:43 PM on August 10, 2012

Agree

Kom

Posted at 2:45 PM on August 18, 2012

Stefan is the real hero…damon is too fickle and shallow having sex with every other women…